Moderator: deka

Hertz

ETC 2015 Flames Of War

Post by Hertz »

Event: ETC FoW 2015
Venue: Prague, Czech Republic
Date: August 5-9, 2015
Ticket Price: TBD
Timetable: TBD (the event will run for 3 days with 2 games per day)

Period: Early War

Players Per Team: 6 (teams must follow the nationality requirements of the ETC Charter). A team may also include a non-playing coach/manager. The coach can be used as a substitute player, using the army of the player he replaces.

Team Restrictions:
- Each team must consist of the following company types:
2 Infantry Companies
2 Mechanized Companies
2 Tank Companies

- In each company type, the two armies may not be from the same nation, likewise a fortified company and an infantry company may not be from the same nation. Note - An army must have its own arsenal to be considered a separate nation.

- Only 1 army in the team may be an Always Defends army (Note - a fortified company counts as an always defends army).

- Special Characters may be used, but each character may only appear once in a team.

- If you take a mechanized or tank army and make it a fortified company, you may not also use a non fortified version of the same company.

Available Armies:
Blitzkrieg
Hell Fire and Back
Burning Empires
Rising Sun
Barbarossa

You may also use any official V3 EW pdf briefing released by 30/06/15, providing it has not been replaced by one of the books.

Army Book/PDF publication date cutoff: Only briefings published by 30/06/15 may be used. FAQs (Lessons from the front) published after TBD will be ignored for this event.

Rules: Flames of War Version 3

Pairing System: For round one, teams will be placed into pools (clouds) based on their finishing position at ETC 2014, new teams will be in a separate pool. The pools will be announced when the entrants are confirmed. Each pool will consist of one third of the attending teams with pool three containing any overflow. For rounds 2 to 6, teams will be paired using the Swiss Chess system (i.e. 1st on the leaderboard plays 2nd, 3rd plays 4th etc.), with the exception that rematches will be avoided.

The players will be matched up using the following system:
1. Team A puts up one if its 6 armies, Team B does the same.
2. Team A puts up two armies against the one put up by Team B, Team B does the same.
3. Team A chooses one of the two armies put up by Team B to be played against the army first put up by team A and determines one pair, Team B does the same.
4. The armies that did not get chosen return to its own team pool.
5. Team A puts up one if its 5 remaining armies, Team B does the same.
6. Team A puts up two armies against the one put up by Team B, Team B does the same.
7. Team A chooses one of the two armies put up by Team B to be played against the army first put up by team A and determines one pair, Team B does the same.
8. The army of Team A that did not get chosen by team B plays against the last army remaining in the pool of Team B. The army of Team B that did not get chosen by team B plays against the last army remaining in the pool of Team A.
9. The table for each pairing will be randomly drawn.

Diagram explaining the procedure:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/CHbiCoJM/P ... photo.html

Missions: There will be 2 Fair Fights, 2 Defensive Battles and 2 Mobile Battles.

The missions are –
Day 1
Round 1 – Dust Up
Round 2 – Fighting Withdrawal - Play this one with no time limit, must make it to Turn 8.

Day 2
Round 3 – No Retreat
Round 4 – Breakthrough

Day 3
Round 5 – Counter Attack
Round 6 – Free-for-All

Scoring System: Standard Battlefront scoring, the winner gets 6 points, the loser gets 1 point, and this is then adjusted based on how many platoons the loser manages to kill, and if any important historically figures met their end on the battlefield. There are no draws, so if neither player wins a fair fight then both score as if they lost. Also, any game where 6 turns have not been played AND victory conditions are not met, will be classed as a mutual loss.

The points scored in each game are added to team's score and are recorded as small points (SP). If a player wins a game then a big point (BP) is added to the team's score as well. The leaderboard will be sorted primarily by BPs, and then by SPs.

Timings: Each round will last for 3.5 hours. This includes the time for the pairings process which must be completed within 30 minutes. Any players not paired after 30 minutes should be randomly paired. If the game result will be decided at the start of the next turn, players should start the turn even if time would normally be up. Both players must get the same number of turns. If this is not the case when time runs out, there will be an overtime period of up to 10 minutes available to give the player who went second the opportunity to catch up. If you feel your opponent is slow-playing, then the following procedure should be used:
1 - Ask him nicely to speed up a bit.
2 - Tell your captain, who should speak to the opposing captain who should tell the player to speed up.
3 - Inform a referee

List Submission: Captains must submit their team's rosters by 23:59 (CET) on 30/06/15. Lists should be emailed to [email protected]. Ideally they will be in the form of Easy Army pdfs, but other methods can be used as long as they are clear, and include the following information:
- Player's name
- Player's team
- Company type
- Briefing used
- Company name
- Company rating (If any platoons/warriors have different ratings this should also be noted)
- The details of each platoon, including page it can be found on, name of platoon, number of teams, types of teams, any upgrades, points.

After the deadline, all the rosters will be distributed to each captain who submitted his team's lists on time. The lists will be checked by the FoW Captains' Council, and any necessary changes made ASAP with minimal changes to the list. There will be points penalties for teams that submit their lists late, or include illegal armies.

Models: All models must be fully painted and WYSIWYG. Any company's models may be used, providing they are the correct scale, likewise with scratch-built models.
TheMarko

Re: ETC 2015 Flames Of War

Post by TheMarko »

Jel se pravi tim? Jel se ide? Mislim, ja planiram da idem svakako, ali jel se organizuje tim Srbije za ETC 2015?
There is no problem a cannon* can't solve.
Dzon Vejn wrote:Ali uopste nije poenta u tome... poenta je da ti:
1. Nemas veru u Sigmara, i zato ti Hellblaster ne radi protiv goblina, kostura, itd.
2. Verujes u tamo neke tenkove, i ostale alternativne metodologije imperijalne borbe, dok je u stvarnosti Hellblaster osnova svega :D - dakle topovi, mortari, handugnneri, tenkovi - to sve dodje i prodje; jedino je Hellblaster siguran posao ;).
*Zbog promene sistema koji igram, ovo treba citati kao "combined late US veteran artillery barage of 12 or more barrels with first roll to range in success"
Nemanja

Post by Nemanja »

Naravno, kao i uvek do sada.
TheMarko

Post by TheMarko »

A jel vam treba pomoc?
1. Nemas veru u Sigmara, i zato ti Hellblaster ne radi protiv goblina, kostura, itd.
2. Verujes u tamo neke tenkove, i ostale alternativne metodologije imperijalne borbe, dok je u stvarnosti Hellblaster osnova svega :D - dakle topovi, mortari, handugnneri, tenkovi - to sve dodje i prodje; jedino je Hellblaster siguran posao ;).
*Zbog promene sistema koji igram, ovo treba citati kao "combined late US veteran artillery barage of 12 or more barrels with first roll to range in success"
deka
Medved ili Jeti? Odlučite sami.

Post by deka »

A ne, to ti je Closed Group...

Đidara, pardon kapiteno i drugari... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image
Duc d' Elchingen

Post by Duc d' Elchingen »

može pomoć
likvidiraj Poljake
TheMarko

Post by TheMarko »

Uhm . . . ja bih rekao da vam nisu samo Poljaci problematicni . . . treba likvidirati jos mnoge ako vam takva pomoc treba . . .
Bojan Tiger Ace

Post by Bojan Tiger Ace »

Ti sredi poljake, mi cemo ostale :P
Mikaan

Post by Mikaan »

TheMarko wrote:A jel vam treba pomoc?

Dodji sutra na turnir.

p.s. najveca pomoc bi nam bila kad bi mogao da kloniras Deku da bude merc u svim drugim timovima :twisted: (bilo je jace od mene :lol: :lol:)
TheMarko

Post by TheMarko »

'teo sam da dodjem, ali bi trebalo (jos nije sigurno, ali 90% jeste) da radim . . . :(

A Deka i ja zajedno vredimo za jedan prosecan tim . . . (u vise smislova ;) )
Nemanja

Post by Nemanja »

deka wrote:A ne, to ti je Closed Group...

Đidara, pardon kapiteno i drugari... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pa bas ne stoji primedba. Moj stav je da je svacije mesto pod znakom pitanja. Moje prvo. Ko misli da moze bolje neka se javi.
A Poljaci nam bas jesu hronican problem. Za 2 godine smo ih dobili u 2 partije.

Return to “Flames of War”