Ragnarok2/Confrontation4

Sve o Rackhamovim fantazijskim igrama (Confrontation, Hybrid, Rag'narok i Cadwallon)

Moderator: Moderators

Zekina banda

Ragnarok2/Confrontation4

Post by Zekina banda »

Jean Bey from Rackham has made an announcement regarding the a new version of the Confrontation rules.
This translation of the announcement was taken from the Danger Planet Games message board and was posted my forum member Arkeon.
We hope to have an official translation soon. Thanks to Chad Lascelles for the tip.
Confrontation new set of rules will not be an evolution of Confrontation 3 as Confrontation 3 could be considered an evolution of Confrontation 2. (Confrontation 3.5 was only a slight modification of the system in order to try certain game mechanisms). Confrontation is no longer a fast skirmish game. When a 400pts army fields from 15 to 20 minis, it’s not a skirmish game and when a game lasts more than one hour and 30 minutes, it’s neither fast.
The ambition has always been to develop a game allowing everyone to have fun with gorgeous minis. Rag’Narok v1 was not successful because it was too slow paced / overly complicated and disconnected from Confrontation’s evolution.
Nowadays, Confrontation’s scale is an intermediate between a skirmish and a battle game. This intermediate status is what we want to develop from now on.
Confrontation 3 was the last edition to use a system intended to function with such a large variety of miniatures. To do so it had to increase the number of abilities and to increase the maximal value of all characteristics. But this was detrimental to the coherency and clarity of the entire range of profiles.
This edition is not as convincing as we initially thought and won’t be sustainable in the long term. For the sake of comparison, AT-43 rules have a high playability and a great strategic depth. This is what we aim with the new Confrontation; a stable system focused on fun, quality and originality.
Some of the elite troops should have a legendary status and certain champions should be re-evaluated. To solve these problems we are building a new set of rules and profiles for Confrontation simultaneously. This should give the system a new stability and originality.
Instead of trying to balance 2 games with different formats, the aim is to offer a unique game which could be played as a “super skirmish” game with about 20 minis or as a battle game. Each player can decide which formats suits them. Therefore, we should allow players who are long time supporters and have several armies or the entire range of an army to be able to play their minis with a single set of rules. The minis will be managed as units and the game mechanisms will be inspired from both Confrontation and Rag’Narok.
To do so, it is necessary to start from simpler game principles (but not simplistic) which offer richness and not unnecessary complexity. The focus should be on combination of troops and not on combination of abilities.
However, we will keep the mechanisms that have been successful and make the tactical specificity of Confrontation such as the strategic draw.
Confrontation rules will be presented in book format but the rules core will be made freely available online as it is already the case for AT-43. This online release will happen before the rules go to print which will enable the players to avoid small mistakes and imprecisions of the rules. It will not be a beta but a pre-release. The actual book should be released in September.
Concerning Dogs of War, it will still be possible to play small companies and to follow their evolution. Fortification will also make a comeback and they are going to release plastic terrain elements in the next few months.
All existing Confrontation minis will still be playable. The new profiles will be available under different forms:
· online = free
· In the new Confrontation releases and in the armies supplements (army book)
· as pack of cards containing all of the army profiles and which will be released at a specially low price
Each supplement will contain the history of a faction, its vision of the Rag’Narok, the presentation of the troops, characters, spell, miracles, artefacts and a small Cadwallon chapter. Each army will have its own army scheme which will guarantee the equilibrium between regulars and elites while keeping a different gameplay between the factions.
We were the first to introduce the use of cards to offer a “ready to play” system but it’s no longer helpful for the playability of the game. What used to be a strength is now a weakness. The notion of a rank 4 will disappear but they will release Major allies, avatars and so on…
While I writes this message, 6 army supplements are being written and they are going to start a first play test of these 6 armies which will also help streamlining the ruleset.
We are also going to modify the release schedule in order to produce new releases for each army on a regular basis while focusing on the most recent armies. This theme will be developed further next Monday.
Izgubio je sve ko nije razumeo da je pobeda bila nesto drugo
http://offgridttgamers.blogspot.rs/
stari blog http://waxerspasttime.wordpress.com/
Awakened

Post by Awakened »

A da se vratimo mi na Conf 2e? 8)
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Ako zaseru (a hoce), nema nam druge nego da ustanovimo kucna pravila i igramo se po njima.

Neko je predlozio da organizujemo dan secanja na C2. Ja se slazem.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Nemojmo da unosimo paniku, u toku smo sa desavanjima na confforumu. U sredu ce Jean BAy da da official statement i odgovaarace live na igracka pitanja. Nameravam da itekako budem prisutan. Nakon toga cemo razgovarati.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Balder

Post by Balder »

Ne verujem da ce biti toliko bas lose, ali ne volim sto previse menjaju pravila, i to relativno cesto...
Ono cega se ja plasim je pominjanje plasticnih i ne daj Boze prepainted figura...
Prica se i o ArmyBook-ovima... jbg :(
Monsterman

Post by Monsterman »

O Boze, zar ne moze da se napravi igra cija previle nece da se menjaju na svaka 2 meseca! :evil:
Gotovo, od sad samo igram Ne Ljuti se Covece! :lol:
A i to o Army Bookovima...mislim, ima i svoje dobre strane, tipa artifakti, fluff, magije itd, al ipak, sve se vise pretvara u WH sa malo manje figura... :?
No one leaves...the Monsterican Dream
Balder

Post by Balder »

Meni je super ideja ta sa ArmyBook-ovima zbog fluff-a... ali kartice su imale svoj smek... bilo bi steta sada ih izbaciti :(
Mind Uploader

Panika!!!!!

Post by Mind Uploader »

Ovo izgleda kao da je GW kupio Rackham i postavio Sahu da im vodi politiku firme... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ali, opusteno...ako pravila budu smor mi lepo igramo 3.5 bez LOS-a i to je to...
thezgag

Re: Panika!!!!!

Post by thezgag »

Mind Uploader wrote:Ali, opusteno...ako pravila budu smor mi lepo igramo 3.5 bez LOS-a i to je to...
exactly. :D
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
Mucous

Post by Mucous »

Toga braem neče biti još godinu dana, makar nešto bruje o sedmom mjesecu...

Mislim da kartice ostaju, jerbo sam pročitao večinu onog smeča na EN Forumu (brdo uludo potrošenog vremena).

Što se tiče prepainted figura, to nitko nije potvrdio, ali zaboli me.
Figura ionako imam več i previše.
A dok počnu štancat plastiku za Rag Narok, izači će dovoljno figura za sve postoječe vojske.
Volio bih samo da izdaju Akkyshane prije svega toga, a od novosti mi se jako sviđa to što će izači Concord of the Eagle sa nekim svojim(falusoidnim) figurama.

Po izgledu svih dosadašnjih knjiga, army bookovi bi trebali barem biti good reading/viewing materijal.
Pravila ne moraju nužno biti loša ma koliko ljudi cmizdrili, makar se meni dosad svidjela evolucija pravila kao se fluff mijenja.
Dobro LOS je uber glupost u pravilima, ali sve drugo se da koristiti, bez nekih večih promjena u igri.
Mind Uploader wrote:Ali, opusteno...ako pravila budu smor mi lepo igramo 3.5 bez LOS-a i to je to...
Stim se slažem u vezi DoW-a, jer neznam dali će isti biti kompatibilan s novim pravilima, ili će dobiti svoja vlastita pravila i odvojit će se od confrontationa :roll: .
Knight

Post by Knight »

Meni je ovakav pristup marketingu njihovog proizvoda koji bi trebalo prodati urnebesan ;>

Nekako ne vidim sebe kako kupujem nove modele dok ne utvdim da li cu moci da ih koristim.
Last edited by Knight on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Balder

Post by Balder »

Ne brinite za figure, prva stvar koju je Jean Bay rekao je da ni jedna figura nikada nece biti "nevodljiva"...
Sto se tice prepainted figura, to je jedan lik pricao, i pretpostavljam da je izmislio... Uostalom, mozemo da pitamo Olivera, posto on tvrdi da je dobio od njih taj mail kao retailer, ako sam ja dobro shvatio...
Po izgledu svih dosadašnjih knjiga, army bookovi bi trebali barem biti good reading/viewing materijal. Pravila ne moraju nužno biti loša ma koliko ljudi cmizdrili, makar se meni dosad svidjela evolucija pravila kao se fluff mijenja.
Slazem se i sa jednim i drugim... Pravila ne mogu da budu bas toliki krs, samo ce biti mnogo drugacija i verovatno ce biti potrebno neko vreme da se naviknemo... Ja se samo plasim za figure :P
Homer

Post by Homer »

Strpljenja ljudi, nema potrebe kukati unapred.
Videcemo sta ce nakraju ispasti, a tu je uvek i rezervna opcija ili ti Confrot3.5 sa domacim izmenama.
Bane

Jean BEY i Confront

Post by Bane »

http://en-forum.confrontation.fr/viewtopic.php?t=30431

Bice zanimljivo ovo sa novim pravilima, mada koliko sam shvatio asimiluju Ragnarok i Confront kao jedan sistem? Army books + kartice? Bilo je i logicno, postace oni GW svakako, ali ipak mislim da nece jos neko vreme praviti krs figure. Mada nisam bas siguran da mi se svidja sto ce mi Grifinska konjica biti plastika, jos prepainted... :cry: Mada kolikom brzinom farbam armiju i koliko igram... :roll:

Return to “Confrontation”