Vampires Suggested by Kyle Sanchez on 2009-10-04

T2, Extended, T1, Block rasprave o MtG deck-ovima...

Moderator: Moderators

Galovic

Vampires Suggested by Kyle Sanchez on 2009-10-04

Post by Galovic »

Maindeck:

Artifacts
1 Eldrazi Monument

Creatures
3 Child Of Night
4 Gatekeeper Of Malakir
4 Malakir Bloodwitch
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Vampire Lacerator

Enchantments
4 Quest For The Gravelord

Instants
4 Doom Blade
4 Tendrils Of Corruption

Sorceries
4 Sign In Blood

Basic Lands
23 Swamp

Lands
1 Gargoyle Castle
Sideboard:

1 Eldrazi Monument
4 Disfigure
4 Duress
4 Marsh Casualties
2 Mind Sludge

This is the BS (blood sucking) tribe that is on everyone’s minds. Those guys with the long black hair who wear matching apparel and overly baggy pants with chains, hooks, and loops scattered across their attire are going crazy for this one. It’s going to be pretty easy to spot how many Vampire players there are at any given tournament, so adjust your sideboard with Devout Lightcasters accordingly.

I’ve been through several Vamp versions this past week. I started out centered around Vampire Nocturnus, but decided that wasn’t the game plan I wanted to execute. I also tried Bloodchief Ascension, but it just didn’t feel cohesive enough without the burn to compliment, so I ended up with this lean streamlined version that looks to just beat down, kill some dudes, and use Tendrils of Corruption to race the other aggro decks.

Marsh Casualties is a card that hasn’t gotten much attention, but wowza, is it insane out of the sideboard! It’s a strict upgrade to Zealous Persecution, giving you the option to take care of the troublesome White Knight or Devout Lightcaster, and enables you to size down their Baneslayer to take her out with Malakir Bloodwitch.

Child of Night has been surprisingly efficient given the amount of removal in this deck, and fills the curve better where most try and bulk up with the 1BB 2/3 Vampire Nighthawk and 1BBB Vampire Nocturnus.

For awhile, I really wanted Duress main deck, but I’m still going back and forth on it. I’ll probably end up playing a few main deck, since this deck feels like it could use the foresight to play around certain traps, and it’s so damn efficient. With Duress main deck you could even make the point that Nocturnus is correct, since you can protect him. He will still only give the Vamp crew a bonus 55%-60% of the time, and I prefer consistency rather than a Hill Giant with a conditional bonus.

Disfigure is also very important for the sideboard, to deal with the other aggressive decks and enable quicker counters to their starts. It also gives more ways to deal with Lotus Cobra and Noble Hierarch early on, to compliment the Gatekeeper of Malakir and enable him to hit a desired fatty.
MTGO: portugalovic

Return to “MtG: Deck-ovi”