Big UW Suggested by Kyle Sanchez on 2009-10-04

T2, Extended, T1, Block rasprave o MtG deck-ovima...

Moderator: Moderators

Galovic

Big UW Suggested by Kyle Sanchez on 2009-10-04

Post by Galovic »

Maindeck:

Artifacts
2 Eldrazi Monument
3 Fieldmist Borderpost
3 Khalni Gem

Creatures
4 Baneslayer Angel
4 Captain Of The Watch
4 Knight Of The White Orchid

Instants
4 Harm's Way
4 Path To Exile

Sorceries
4 Conqueror's Pledge
3 Day Of Judgment
3 Rite Of Replication

Basic Lands
1 Island
10 Plains

Lands
2 Gargoyle Castle
4 Glacial Fortress
3 Terramorphic Expanse

Sideboard:
4 Devout Lightcaster
3 Luminarch Ascension
2 Oblivion Ring
4 Negate
1 Lorthos, The Tidemaker
1 Day Of Judgment

This one has been a blast to play. You use Harm’s Way, Path to Exile, and Day of Judgment to get past the early game, and from there in a counter-free environment I don’t think there are much better options than using the midgame Kicker spells that become super nutty thanks to Khalni Gem/Knight of the White Orchid combo to get up to the kicker zone. This one is still in its rough stages - I made it several hours before writing this article - but is definitely one I’m going to work on a little more to perfect the game plan. Rite of Replication is an absolute mauling, even if you’re just copying their Baneslayer or Woolly Thoctar. The ability to copy Captain of the Watch with kicker is crazy. It’s important to note that it’s safer to always copy their creature also to avoid running into a two-for-one if they kill your guy in response when they’ve got removal mana up.

I had 4 Honor of the Pure in here for the ten games before I realized the deck just doesn’t need it except to cancel out their Honor of the Pure, in which case Eldrazi Monument is just better.

Sphinx of Lost Truths is another critter I was thinking about, but he costs freaking seven mana… He combos very nicely with Khalni Gem if I’m mana flooded, and with Standard so depleted of good card drawing, that could be a worthwhile combo to pursue. Gem in particular opens the door to creative deck builders, since I could host a variety of powerful spells in here, from Iona to Bogardan Hellkite. It doesn’t seem too hard to combat the early rushes this format has, so late game strategies are going to become increasingly powerful. I haven’t looked too deeply at Grixis Control yet, but it was extremely hard to cast Cruel Ultimatum with the loss of Filter Lands, Vivids, and Reflecting Pool, so I don’t think we’re going to be seeing much from it unless it’s accompanied by the Gem. There could be a big mana Gem deck with Baneslayers, Broodmates, Bogardan Hellkites, and the option to max out for a Rite of Replication end game.
MTGO: portugalovic
turbo

Re: Big UW Suggested by Kyle Sanchez on 2009-10-04

Post by turbo »

mnogo mi se svidja sto si postavio sve ove dek liste, jedini problem je sto kyle ili kajli ili kako se god zove (kao i ostali mu drugari) izmislja dek liste kako bi mu clanci bili duzi i kako bi uzeo vise parice od honorara. ako odigra 5 partija svaka mu cast. sto je najgore, verovatno igra izmedju tih lista koje je izmislio. stvarno bi voleo da prodiskutujemo oko listi koje izgledaju dobro..

edit: slep kod oba oka
Galovic

Re: Big UW Suggested by Kyle Sanchez on 2009-10-04

Post by Galovic »

dodatni je problem sto taj kajl nikad nije nista uradio... :)
MTGO: portugalovic

Return to “MtG: Deck-ovi”