Proposal: WM/H 2015

Moderators: TheSerbianRaven, Rick, Dzon Vejn

Rick

Proposal: WM/H 2015

Post by Rick »

Given that agreement can be reached with the Hobby Store for the dates;

I have organised more than my share of WM/H in Belgrade and fully appreciate (to Histericni Istoricar) that it is a thankless task and players can be difficult. That said most players playing war games in Serbia are older and organising a free day is not easy – cancelling an event a day before when most players were still up for it was poor.

Moving on and to not have a repeat I would like to propose a plan for next year which I am happy to organise – please read and comment if you are up for it.
4 events next year (the first Jan 24th): Each automatically qualifies the top two players to an 8 man masters knock out event in December 2015. The entrance fee is 250 dinars for all 4 events and the entire fund is used as prize support for the 8 man masters final. Once a player has qualified any further wins don’t count for qualification. If 10 or so players attend each tournament it means a prize fund of 10,000 dinars which could break down as a battle engine for the winner, a jack/beast kit for the runner up and a solo/caster blister for the 3rd place. Worth going for.
Each tournament will have a different format (based on 2014/2015 steamroller) with the finals being a two list 50pt Divide & Conquer SR2015 event. Events run with a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 players - first come first served. If an event doesn’t run then 2 wild card places are added to the Master’s event in Dec. One month before the event rules packs are published with all the details and so players can choose to sign up. Players winning an event will be asked to be the referee at the next event.

My logic is this; Warmachine is a competitive game and right now any faction can beat any other. Players are incentivised to practice and then play competitively and have many chances to qualify into a full event at the end of the year. As some of the tournaments will have unusual formats it also means that good players rather than good lists will get a chance to shine. For new players 250 dinars is no money whatsoever so losing is hardly a big deal and having the chance to play 3 games of players playing their A games is far better than players bringing dopey lists to be all nice and friendly. Giving a decent prize for the winners is far better to encourage new players than having a safe and nurturing and ultimately boring environment for them and others to play in.

If players are interested please respond.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
Mrzimsvee

Re: Proposal: WM/H 2015

Post by Mrzimsvee »

Odlična ideja Rick. Imaš podršku kluba što se tice termina.
"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."
Emperor of mankind – on the Creation of the Space Marines.

"By reason. By truth. I have learned how your hearts and minds function. With that lore, I brought peace to this culture."
"--At the cost of freedom."
"Peace reigns, as I reign. I wouldn't expect your to understand. You are a little man, with little dreams."
"--You've ushered in the peace of the graveyard. Peace, at the cost of surrendering all choice, all freedom. The city lies in terror, forced to live by the standards you place upon our shoulder."
"Yes...yes."
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."
"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"
- Night Haunter addressing a gathering of Nostraman nobles

"Your presence does not surprise me, Assassin. I have known of you ever since your craft entered the Eastern Fringes. Why did I not have you killed? Because your mission and the act you are about to commit proves the truth of all I have ever said or done. I merely punished those who had wronged, just as your False Emperor now seeks to punish me. Death is nothing compared to vindication."
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Podrzavam predlog.
Koja je pentaza kvalifikacionih turnira?
Po dogovoru pre svakog turnira?
BoltaFodda

Post by BoltaFodda »

Ja sam za.
I myself am a self-proclaimed expert, if I do say so myself.
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

Post by Histericni Istoricar »

Go Rick, thank you very much. I jos jednom se izvinjavam zbog otkazivanja turnira.

P.S.
There is no more Hobby Store. :D
U jednog Bocu, mi verujemo!
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

To sto se izvinjava ne pomaze (citaj- jos uvek necu da ti donesem tvoje letece robote :) ).
Sto se turnira tice, trudicu se da pomognem oko organizacije (nadam se da cu dobiti svoj zivot nazad do sledece godine :( ).
Izgubio je sve ko nije razumeo da je pobeda bila nesto drugo
http://offgridttgamers.blogspot.rs/
stari blog http://waxerspasttime.wordpress.com/
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

Letece robote? Kakve letece robote?
deka
Medved ili Jeti? Odlučite sami.

Post by deka »

Ja sam uvek za igranje, bilo organizovano ili ne...
Image Image
kleop

Post by kleop »

Ja sam za. Stim da ako u Novom Sadu bude bar 4-5 igraca napravimo jedan turnir i kod nas.
kleop
stefaz

Post by stefaz »

+1
Rick

Post by Rick »

Resurrection wrote:Podrzavam predlog.
Koja je pentaza kvalifikacionih turnira?
Po dogovoru pre svakog turnira?
As I said, a month before each event a rules pack can be released. My initial thoughts are that each event is more mainstream than the last with the 4th being the straightest (a 42pt SR with reinforcements for example) whereas the 2nd could be a Commander's Crucible style event. I have an idea for the first event (which would be pre SR2015 anyway) which would actually make it quite a level playing field but after that it depends on what variations come out in the new SR rules pack.

Also - I am happy to play any week day after 21h at my place for anybody looking to practice or get into the game. I have a board, terrain and SR templates and 3 armies to choose from.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Histericni Istoricar wrote:Letece robote? Kakve letece robote?
Mark 1 hangover now only eIrusk.
Mikaan

Post by Mikaan »

+1
takasunmc

Post by takasunmc »

Ja sam za.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Confirmed with Dule that on the 24th of January we will be able to run our first 2015 event.
I will be releasing a rules pack in about 3 weeks - please put the date in your diaries.
kleop

Post by kleop »

Pitanje. Da li bi mogli koristiti razumno proksovane figure ukoliko nemamo orginalne. Npr. obicna Sorscha da bude Epic Sorscha. Ili Widowmakeri da budu neki riflemeni iz Warhammera?
kleop
Rick

Post by Rick »

When I read the PP stance on proxying I felt that this was due to them protecting their sales and felt that it was unnecessary. However there has to be a limit so that players cannot use any model to represent any other model. It is unfair to expect an opponent to remember several proxies during a game especially with key pieces.

With regards to warcasters/warlocks and warbeasts and warjacks and solos I would say no proxying. Within 5 or 6 players collections we have the vast majority of warlocks and warcasters and jacks and beasts and solos and so it should be easy to get hold of models for the day. Dalibor alone has most models for most armies. I will happily bring eSorscha for you on tournament day so practice with her knowing you can use her on the day.
With regards to units I would say that as long as the unit is clearly similar then they can be allowed. I see 4 riflemen when I am playing khador I know it's a unit of widowmakers but I would want the widowmarker marksman to be clearly recognisable. Just so you know - I can bring you widowmakers too.
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

kleop wrote:Pitanje. Da li bi mogli koristiti razumno proksovane figure ukoliko nemamo orginalne. Npr. obicna Sorscha da bude Epic Sorscha. Ili Widowmakeri da budu neki riflemeni iz Warhammera?
Mislim da ne bi trebalo da imas problema da trzis sta ti treba i neko ce vec doneti.
Na prosla 2 turnira meni je bar 50% modela bilo pozajmljeno.
kleop

Post by kleop »

Sjajno, hvala.
kleop
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

+1
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
тајнисвет

Post by тајнисвет »

As Boris said, there are currently 4 of us interested in WMII in Novi Sad, and started playing from scratch few weeks ago. That all could be changed soon, so if Novi Sad were to have more players, we will be more than happy to host one of the tours. Gilda igrača will gather some more people to play Warmachine, as we have space, minis and terrain needed to play the game.

But that topic is too soon for considering right now. We are excited to take part of this tournament, to see some old friend gamers and play with you guys. See you all in January!
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

RIck can we change jacks bound with casters? For example in first two games Defender is bound with Haley and in game 3 its Minuteman?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Last edited by Rick on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

тајнисвет wrote: we will be more than happy to host one of the tours
I don't know.... has Novi Sad had recent experience running tournaments.....? :wink:
TheSerbianRaven

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

Rick wrote:
тајнисвет wrote: we will be more than happy to host one of the tours
I don't know.... has Novi Sad had recent experience running tournaments.....? :wink:
Depends on how flexible your definition of the word "recent" is... :roll:
Eiryss, Eiryss, Eiryss kako to zvuci, covece! Ali najbolje je sto ce Kreos ubiti tu Eiryss. Ubice je nezno, ali snazno! Da, to nije onaj Kreos sto je sebe proglasio za jadnika, ne ovo je novi Kreos, epski Kreos, super-grand-exemplar Kreos, kralj zena.

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”