Tournament Saturday 24th Jan 2015 - "The Campaign"

Moderators: TheSerbianRaven, Rick, Dzon Vejn

Rick

Tournament Saturday 24th Jan 2015 - "The Campaign"

Post by Rick »

The Campaign is a 3/4 round escalation event where the players use a single list that grows after two rounds. The first round is a straight 25pt battle. In rounds 2 and 3 (and 4) Kill Box rules will be in effect. In round 3 (and 4) the same list and caster from the previous rounds must be added to in order to create a 36pt list. As several factions have a wide range of options in the 9pt jack/beast and 2pt solo arena this is a friendlier cross-faction increment than 35pts.

Round 1 – 25pts Balance of Power (pg 16 Steam Roller 2014).
Rules; Timed Turns (7 minutes per turn) maximum 5 turns per player

Round 2 – 25pts Close Quarters (pg 18 Steam Roller 2014).
Rules; Kill Box, Timed Turns (7 minutes per turn) maximum 5 turns per player

Round 3 – 36pts Supply and Demand (pg 15 Steam Roller 2014).
Rules; Kill Box, Timed Turns (10 minutes per turn) maximum 5 turns per player

Round 4 – 36pts Fire Support (pg 25 Steam Roller 2014).
Rules; Kill Box, Timed Turns (10 minutes per turn) maximum 5 turns per player
The fourth round will only be played in the event of greater than 8 participants.

There are NO turn extensions; each player has 2 and half minutes for deployment

Each round is decided as per the scenario rules. After 3(4) rounds a final standing based on game victories, SoS, number of assassinations, control points and finally casualties based on opponents army points destroyed will be determined (SR2014 pg5).

2014 Steamroller scenarios can be found here: http://files.privateerpress.com/op/sr20 ... er2014.pdf
A current list of the rules errata can be found here: http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MK ... 202014.pdf

Can everyone with an android phone/iOS please make sure that they download a stopwatch app for the event.

There is a 16 player limit baseline painting restriction and the entrance fee is 250 dinars per player.
Please bring a sheet of paper with the 25pt and 36pt version of your list to be submitted at registration (please be clear to mark down any tier levels and the extra models/discounts that this entails).

11:30 – 11:45 registration
11:55 – Round 1 Deployment
12:00 – Round 1
Lunch
13:55 – Round 2 Deployment
14:00 – Round 2
15:25 – Round 3 Deployment
15:30 – Round 3
(17:10 – Finish)
17:25 – Round 4 Deployment
17:30 – Round 4
19:10 – Finish

This is a long day and promptness and good time-keeping is requested from all players.

Top two players get a qualifier’s patch and automatically qualify for the December Master’s event.

Entrants;
1. Deka (Khador)
2. Kleop (Khador)
3. Petar (Cygnar)
4. Miroslav (Trollbloods)
5. Dejan (Menoth)
6. Stef (Khador)
7. Ratgod (Khador)
8. Uros (Everblight)
9. Ota (Orboros)
10. Shunka (Mercs)
11. Nemanja (Cryx)
12. Serbian Raven (Menoth)
13. Petar Kalmar (Menoth)
14. Nikica (Cryx)
15. Nenad (Orboros)
16. Arborsomniorum (Cryx)

Reserve list:
1. Bathory (Menoth)
2. Rick (Mercs - too many Menites!!)
Last edited by Rick on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:14 am, edited 21 times in total.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
Rick

Re: Tournament Saturday 24th Jan 2015 - "The Campaign"

Post by Rick »

Reserved for Questions & Answers
Q. Pitanje: koji je painting restriction?

A. Pg 9 SR2014 Rules
BASELINE – Painted armies are not required.
Q. Can we change jacks bound with casters? For example in first two games Defender is bound with Haley and in game 3 its Minuteman?
A. Yes eHaley (or any other caster) can be bonded to a different jack in each of the four games as long as the jacks are in the list as per the list building requirement.
Last edited by Rick on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
deka
Medved ili Jeti? Odlučite sami.

Post by deka »

Prijava - Khador
Image Image
kleop

Post by kleop »

Prijava - Khador
kleop
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

Post by Histericni Istoricar »

Prijava Cygnar
U jednog Bocu, mi verujemo!
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

Prijava:
Miroslav - Trollbloods
Dejan - Protectorate of Menoth
Rick

Post by Rick »

First Hordes army - hurrah!
stefaz

Post by stefaz »

Prijava - Kador

Pitanje: koji je painting restriction?
RatGod
Strvinar

Post by RatGod »

Prijava Khador :D
1000 year-old lords of the walking dead? Chosen avatars of the dark gods leading horrible creatures from another dimension? Ancient members of the civilization who created the very world upon which we wage our wars? Bah! We're skittish mutant rats. We've got a bell. And we're going to ring it till your ears hurt bleed. Bitches.
Rick

Post by Rick »

It seems we're having this tournament in Lael as there is a massive invasion of Khador.
BoltaFodda

Post by BoltaFodda »

Prijava Everblight
I myself am a self-proclaimed expert, if I do say so myself.
Ota

Post by Ota »

Prijava Circle Orboros
Djenrale uzalud te traze,
cuvaju te sve bozije straze.
TheSerbianRaven

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

Signing up myself (Menoth) and Petar Kalmar (also Menoth). Since we're from Novi Sad, we are literally the Northern Crusade! :D
Eiryss, Eiryss, Eiryss kako to zvuci, covece! Ali najbolje je sto ce Kreos ubiti tu Eiryss. Ubice je nezno, ali snazno! Da, to nije onaj Kreos sto je sebe proglasio za jadnika, ne ovo je novi Kreos, epski Kreos, super-grand-exemplar Kreos, kralj zena.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Great to have more believers in the true faith coming along. If you need to borrow any models please let me know as Menoth is my main faction.
milosh

Post by milosh »

Prijava Thornfall Alliance (ali neka budem pod znakom pitanja jer jos uvek ne znam raspored na poslu za subote u januaru)
Rick

Post by Rick »

No problem.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Sta je tacno "baseline painting restriction"?

Ja cu u narednom periodu biti malo manje gospodar svog vremena, tako da ne mogu nista da garantujem, ali sam zainteresovan da se pojavim, ukoliko budem mogao.
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
stefaz

Post by stefaz »

Dzon Vejn wrote:Sta je tacno "baseline painting restriction"?
A. Pg 9 SR2014 Rules
BASELINE – Painted armies are not required.
arborsomniorum

Post by arborsomniorum »

Prijavljuje se i četvrti čovek iz Gilde igrača. Ako nije problem, još ne znam šta ću igrati, pa ću naknadno napisati. Novi Sad se tek polako vraća u igranje WMa, prvi put smo pre neku nedelju probali MKII, pa ćemo videti šta radi za nas i šta imam od figura. Biće ovo poučno iskustvo, vidimo se na igranju!
Stefan
Rick

Post by Rick »

Opening up the reserve list now. With regards to those that don't know - don't worry - I am sure at least 3 or 4 of you probably won't be able to make it and therefore if anyone really does want to play I am sure that any on the reserve list will get a game. Things get in the way. The only thing I ask is that if you know you definitely can't make it please let us know as soon as possible. As long as at least 8 show up on the day the event will go ahead and if there is an uneven number then I'll be there to fill out the numbers.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Prijava, Mercenaries.

Neka sam za sada u rezervi, siguran sam da će se osloboditi mesta :)
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Nikica - Cryx
Rick

Post by Rick »

Guys,

Just a quick reminder - as we are all wonderful sportsmen and this is a timed turns game please prepare appropriately:
- please remember to bring a tape measure and marker as swapping them between yourself and your opponent is going to slow both you and them down.
- The following app is nice and warmachiney and available on android - http://www.tikiitorch.com/battle-timer/

Another great app for tracking results for the 2015 year is Iron Grudge (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... udge&hl=en). A great way to track how you do with your casters and see where your strengths and weaknesses lie with regards to opponents, casters and factions.

Cheers,
Rick
Rick

On Timing and Sportsmanship

Post by Rick »

Ok,
I have managed to play several 7 minute games and even at 25pts the timing is very tight. There are a few things that can be done to help with this and to make it a better experience for your opponents and ultimately yourselves too.

1. Out of activation moves/effects
If you have a model with Hyper-aggressive or counter-charge or admonition or something - don't take too long to play the move. If you feel that you need to think about it - pause the clock. Try to be very quick about your tough rolls and if passed have a token ready or turn the model through 90 degrees so it is clear he is knocked down. Have the dice ready for continuous effects and play them quickly.

2. Damage marking, target numbers and card sorting
One of the worst things is when an opponent asks a player for a DEF/ARM stat and then has to wait 30 seconds while the player looks through an entire deck to find the card. Have all the cards you are using out nd so you can track damage and pass on information as quickly as possible. Know your own models DEF/ARM and so you can pass on those details to other players quickly. Maybe track damage on multi-wound models with dice and only mark the damage on the cards for warjacks and warbeasts.

3. Tokens.
Mistakes made by not knowing an effect can be annoying and are unnecessary. If you don't have faction tokens you can print these out and use them or maybe make you own.
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... es-Project

4. Rules & Etiquette. If there is a question of how a rule plays out or whether a charge succeeds or anything and it cannot be resolved straight away - pause the clock and call over a judge. Anyone watching a game (including a judge) must not interrupt a game to correct rules mistakes unless asked. The only exception to this is you will be interrupted by a judge if the clock has expired or has not been set. If you and your opponent are beginners or unsure of some rules and both players agree - you can ask a judge to stand over your game and advise on rule matters.

To add incentive I think we will also add a sportsmanship award and the winner will get a box of chocolates.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Samo jedno, pomalo, off-topic pitanje:

Ja sam pocetnik, koji nema dovoljno slobodnog vremena (i / ili volje) da zakazuje redovne partije i tako uci WM/H (/jos jedan) sistem. Ipak, mogao bih kuci povremeno da odvojim neko vreme za igranje protiv kompjutera / nekog random online igraca. Da li kompjuterska verzija igre moze u tome da pomogne (na steamu ima WM/H)? Da li je kompjuterska verzija vredna svoje cene?
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Vassal is your best bet

http://z7.invisionfree.com/vassalwmh/in ... pic=2&st=0

The links for the engine and latest modules are here. Warmachine Tactics won't help your table-top game.

Nikica is very knowledgeable on the subject - pm him.
Last edited by Rick on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

OK, thx.

Glory to Arstotzka!
arborsomniorum

Post by arborsomniorum »

Stefan - Cryx. See you soon guys!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Just for clarification;
The new Steamroller 2015 rules are out. One noticeable change is that now FLAGS as well as OBJECTIVES are friendly or enemy faction models. Please note that this is NOT IN EFFECT for this event and all flags are neutral. All objectives remain friendly or enemy faction models for the purpose of spells and feats for this event.
milosh

Post by milosh »

Ipak moram da se odjavim. Radim u tu subotu :(
Rick

Post by Rick »

milosh wrote:Ipak moram da se odjavim. Radim u tu subotu :(
No worries - come down on Thursday evening (22nd) for a game or two.
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

Povlacim se u korist drugog Cygnarskog saborca. Rick we made some zones markes for last turnaments and if you need some help with logistics Im there.
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

Ima li slobodnih mesta za ucesce na turniru,moze i kao zamena?

Ukoliko ima, prijavljujem se. Menoth.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Bathory wrote:Ima li slobodnih mesta za ucesce na turniru,moze i kao zamena?

Ukoliko ima, prijavljujem se. Menoth.
Man - I have not heard from you in an age - how are you doing? At the moment we are at the limit but I will put you down for a reserve spot. I will be contacting people next week to get confirmation of attendance and you will know. Believe me - there is a precedence.
Histericni Istoricar wrote:Povlacim se u korist drugog Cygnarskog saborca. Rick we made some zones markes for last turnaments and if you need some help with logistics Im there.
Can we meet on Thursday to see what you have? I will have the 8 zones but of the 16 objective markers and flags - I probably have about 10-12 of each at the moment.
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

Yes, Im almost live in club.
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

I think about getting a bit more active with WM, playing a bit more. If there is no room, no problem, I'll stop by the club on Saturday anyway. Who knows, maybe I come on thursday as well to play a game if you re there :)

Cheerz,
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

I'm going to play a game with Bathory tomorrow, starting from 18h. I will be in club before 16h. I guess there is enough time for at least 1 game, and maybe even for 2 before 18h. Anyone willing to come and teach young padawan (that's me) is more than welcome. Also, I'm open for games after the game with Bathory.

I've tried using my telepathy skills today and contact Joggy too, for tomorrow. We still have to see if I should move from telepathy to telekinesis :D.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Bathory wrote:Who knows, maybe I come on thursday as well to play a game if you re there :)

Cheerz,
You truly are an international man of mystery. I'll bring my Mercs on Thursday so there is no mirror match-up.
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

Dzon Vejn wrote:I'm going to play a game with Bathory tomorrow, starting from 18h. I will be in club before 16h. I guess there is enough time for at least 1 game, and maybe even for 2 before 18h. Anyone willing to come and teach young padawan (that's me) is more than welcome. Also, I'm open for games after the game with Bathory.

I've tried using my telepathy skills today and contact Joggy too, for tomorrow. We still have to see if I should move from telepathy to telekinesis :D.
If you can move Joggy with telekinesis you are a full master Jedi.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

We tried today to play in 7 minutes hard limit, and it proved to be impossible for us newbies. Is there an option to decrease a number of games in order to increase turn limit?

7 minutes would probably be ok for anyone who knows ALL his models IN DETAIL, as well as ALL opponent's models IN DETAIL.

I can't play half of my models in 7 minutes, especially if someone starts asking questions (and that will happen because we have a lot of inexperienced players). Personally I would rather come that day and play 2 or 3 slower games from which I would learn something, than 4 games of god-knows-what :D.

Glory to Arstotzka!

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”