Moderators: TheSerbianRaven, Rick, Dzon Vejn

Rick

WMH Masters Qualifier IV - The Quickening - 7th Nov 2015

Post by Rick »

The Quickening
(Serbian Masters Qualifier IV)
November 7th 2015 @ Klub Zmaj, Belgrade
Image Image

This is a 4 round event where the players must use two 42pt lists (D&C1). In this event we are using the Theme Force variant for list building and one list must be tier 2 or higher. We are also playing the Death Clock variation with each player having 50 minutes per round including for deployment. Base line painting restriction applies.
Round 1 – Two Fronts (pg 14 Steam Roller 2015).
Round 2 – Incursion (pg 18 Steam Roller 2015).
Round 3 – Destruction (pg 13 Steam Roller 2015).
Round 4 – Recon (pg 20 Steam Roller 2015).
Please remember to print out a copy of each objective you wish to use for each list.
2015 Steamroller scenarios can be found here: http://files.privateerpress.com/op/sr20 ... iendly.pdf

A current list of the rules errata can be found here:
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MK ... 202015.pdf

Can everyone with an android phone/iOS please make sure that they download a CHESS CLOCK application for the event please? Most of these applications are for two players and so only one person per table needs to have the app running.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Free&hl=en

Entry;
This is a 4 round event with a maximum of 16 entrants. Players that have qualified in previous qualifiers should please only sign up as reserves and those that have qualified 2nd will be given priority over the previous event winners. Lists need to be submitted electronically to [email protected] by 08:00 on Thursday, the 29th of October. Please remember to include your objectives for each list and clearly define which list is the tier.
Please note the entrance fee for this is 250 dinars for Zmaj club members and 450 dinars for non-members.

I know it's still very early but I don't want to have people signing up on the wrong thread.
Entrants;
1. Nemanja K - Minions
2. Boris Dj - Khador
3. Luka - Khador
4. Milos - Mercs
5. Nenad - Cygnar
6. Nemanja J - Cryx
7. Nikola - Menoth
8. Shunka - Mercs
9. Nenad N. - Orboros
10. Rick - Everblight
11. Uros - Everblight
12. Dule K - Skorne
13. Zerglord - Everblight
14. Nikica - Cryx
15. Dalibor - Convergence
16. Djordje B - Retribution
Last edited by Rick on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:51 am, edited 26 times in total.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
bjelajac

Re: WMH Masters Qualifier IV - The Quickening - 7th Nov 2015

Post by bjelajac »

Apply - reserve.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Prijava za rezervu! Mercenaries naravno!
Last edited by Shunka on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Nemanja

Post by Nemanja »

Minions please, all my Crocs are ready
BoltaFodda

Post by BoltaFodda »

Prijava, Everblight.

Al smo rano poceli...
I myself am a self-proclaimed expert, if I do say so myself.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I know - but I wanted to confirm the dates for the end of year event so that the qualifiers could get them into their diaries and then people started applying on that thread and so I just posted it. Besides maybe it's better so players can start practising and getting used to 42pts.
It is an interesting format - playing Everblight - I always feel I am a beast short at 35pts - my preliminary lists look a lot better at 42.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
ZergLord

Post by ZergLord »

Prijava, Everblight.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

prijava... ne znam koja armija
ImageImageImageImageImage
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

Post by Histericni Istoricar »

Prijava Cygnar.
U jednog Bocu, mi verujemo!
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

Convergence
Izgubio je sve ko nije razumeo da je pobeda bila nesto drugo
http://offgridttgamers.blogspot.rs/
stari blog http://waxerspasttime.wordpress.com/
sharpshooter

Post by sharpshooter »

Khador
Rick

Post by Rick »

Unfortunately, try as I might, I cannot insert a picture into the post - so no graph sorry. :cry:
BoltaFodda

Post by BoltaFodda »

Ljudi, mozda necu doci, sad mi sef kaze da idem u Berlin na 2-3 nedelje na usavrsavanje negde kraj oktobra pocetak novembra.

'Bem ga gradis karijeru, propustis hobi. Mozda treba da se bogato ozenim ili nesto.
I myself am a self-proclaimed expert, if I do say so myself.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Work is work. Just confirm when you know. There's a couple of dirty cryx players waiting in the wings. :evil:
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hey guys just to confirm. I have spoken with 3 or 4 players that didn't realise this;
2 lists D&C 1 means that you MUST play both lists at least once and one of your 2 lists MUST be tier 2 or higher
Please also remember to choose your objective when creating your lists.
Rick

Qualifier Etiquette

Post by Rick »

Here is a post from a January thread with some additions

Tournament Etiquette;

Death clock makes events very tense and in order to minimise wins/losses on the clock and 'negative play experiences' please read the following;

1. Out of activation moves/effects
If you have a model with Hyper-aggressive or counter-charge or admonition or something - don't take too long to play the move. Try to be very quick about your tough rolls and if passed have a token ready or turn the model through 90 degrees so it is clear he is knocked down. Have the dice ready for continuous effects and play them quickly. If your opponent is slow with these things bring it to his attention and if you feel that it is not resolved pause the clock and call the judge. Tournaments do allow 'shipping the clock' so the opponent makes damage or makes tough rolls on their time but this leads to uncomfortable games - please treat your opponent with the same respect that you would like to be treated with.

2. Damage marking, target numbers and card sorting
One of the worst things is when an opponent asks a player for a DEF/ARM stat and then has to wait 30 seconds while the player looks through an entire deck to find the card or has the app hang on their tablet. Have all the cards you are using out nd so you can track damage and pass on information as quickly as possible. Know your own models DEF/ARM and so you can pass on those details to other players quickly. Maybe track damage on multi-wound models with dice and only mark the damage on the cards for warjacks and warbeasts.

3. Tokens
Mistakes made by not knowing an effect can be annoying and are unnecessary. If you don't have faction tokens you can print these out and use them or maybe make you own. If you forget that you have an effect on your model there is no taking back to take that into account.
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... es-Project

4. Pausing the clock
Though I hope this doesn't happen - you can pause the clock to call a judge over to bring attention to bad sportsmanship or suspected cheating. In all other cases you should call the judge over and THEY pause the clock. If you are unsure of your rules you cannot pause the clock while you read your cards. If you are unsure of game rules you must let the judge come over and he can pause the clock while he describes how the rules interactions work.

5. Winning & forfeiting the game
I personally am a believer in the fact that players here want to win fairly and will play to the rules. I also think that if players shake hands and one player is declared the winner that this results stands. At the same time it must be acknowledged that this game is complicated and full of difficult rule interactions which can be superseded in certain situations. In the last 3 qualifiers there have been masses of basic rules mistakes which have hugely affected the outcome of the game and as there are still inexperienced players attending minimising this is important.
Examples;
1. Harbinger player forgets that martyrdom is command area ability and not control area and keeps models alive incorrectly. This leads to an ineffective round from the other player and a significant advantage for the Harbinger player.
2. A Cryx player forgets that his Bane Knights have ghostly and can charge the caster. Over the next rounds they lose the attrition battle
3. An Orboros player Primals a warbeast and in the next round clears a charge lane for that same warbeast and charges and kills the caster
4. Both players forget that defenders ward is on unit and hit and damage rolls are applied without the bonus
5. A player charges a caster and uses a hit effect to cause stationary and then proceeds to kill the caster. Later it is discovered that the effect is critical stationary and neither player can remember if the first attack roll was a critical.

In all the cases above the tournament judge should be the adjudicator in finding a correct solution. In example 1 & 3 I would argue that the Martyrdom and auto-frenzy part of the Primal animus are ubiquitous enough so that the opponent should know of them. If the move can be taken back, then I would suggest that (especially in case 3) and in case 1 the Harbinger player could remove the models that were matyrdomed and keep the damage taken on the Harbinger as part of a pay-off for gaining that advantage. If the game has heavily gone in favour of the Harbinger player as a result of this then the judge would have to make a decision on what to do but I personally would not make the Harbinger forfeit the game.

In the examples of 2 & 4 I would say tough. The cryx player is obliged to know there own rules and if a token had been placed then the defenders ward bonuses would be applied.

The 5 example is perhaps the toughest - especially as it is similar to examples 1 & 3. If the crit stationary is on fringe caster or the ability that gives that caster kill is an unusual one. What if it isn't a pure caster kill but a key model that the opponent can never recover from losing? If I was the winning player I would ask myself 'should my opponent reasonably have known this rule?' If the answer is 'yes' then while the victory would lose all merit I would probably not offer to forfeit. If the answer is 'no' then I would feel it necessary to forfeit the game. I am to blame and my opponent cannot be expected to know better therefore I must take responsibility.

As a judge I would not overturn a result unless I strongly believed that the player that benefited did so knowingly. I must also point out that I won't be the judge in this event and if the judge does overturn results it is with his discretion and he is entitled to do that.
sharpshooter

Post by sharpshooter »

Ja se izvinjavam, ali ipak necu moci da dodjem. Tog dana imam kolokvijum, tako da nikako necu moci.
Rick

More info for the 7th and a question

Post by Rick »

Guys,
we have raised so far 9000 dinars for the prize fund and with an expected 4000 dinars for the 4th round makes it up to 13,000 dinars. To increase this I will be selling resin scenic bases that have been donated on the 7th of November. Given the shift to round bases - maybe they are OK for Age of Sigmar too (forgive me if I am wrong). I was thinking somewhere in the region of 100 dinars for 3 small or 2 medium or 1 large base and 300 dinars for huge bases. Remember this is just to bump up the prize fund and these bases can be use for models or to create your own objective markers.

On a secondary note I was going to use the prize fund to buy KR cases for the winner/2nd/3rd places and templates/wound markers for fastest caster kill best painted etc. Is anybody opposed to this? Does anybody have a better idea for the prize fund? I could order con-exlusive models, mercs & minion units, PP t-shirts or whatever else players think would be welcomed.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Just a quick reminder - it is 10 days until list submission deadline. I will be away from my PC from Saturday and only available late and so I won't be chasing anyone. I need two 42 pt lists with the tier list clearly marked (listing tier benefits would also be helpful) and your choice of objective too. Failure to submit lists by the deadline will result in a first round loss (or draw if your opponent is equally irresponsible) and the default objective marker is arcane wonder if you forget to list that too.

I have written my lists and they are fixed and won't change them regardless of the anti-Everblight tech anyone brings. Pairings will be made on the morning of the tournament.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

KR cases are worthless for some of us that already have better cases ;).

So where are you lists, I want to make some anti-legion stuff (not) :) ?
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
stefaz

Post by stefaz »

Na zalost, moracu da se odjavim.
Lepo se igrajte.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I think 'worthless' is a strong word but OK. The reason why I threw it out there was to get ideas and feedback. As someone who organises quite a lot of things you, for one, must understand how annoying it is when people shoot down ideas without offering an alternative.
My lists are in the list envelope - although Orboros making anti-Legion stuff is an interesting thought - play something that makes lots of clouds and forest-making and stealth - that'll put me in trouble.

Stef - another Butcher 3 Khador player gone.... :commissar:
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

From my experience it's always better to get something that you wouldn't be getting otherwise as a reward. Whoever wants case or this or that model - he'll just buy it anyway.

Maybe some limited edition models, accessories (like those patches, medals, bases and stuff like that), or some cyber-punk hand-made stuff or something like that. For example, WHFB tournament rewards were usully swords, 40k had hand-made chainsword, bolters, etc., for Blood Bowl we've ordered hand-made gauntlet (though we never finished championship, so nobody got that reward yet). Those are nice things for rewards. Giving money / models usually results in "oh, look, just another miniature". So I would propose something hand-made cyber-punk-ish that could be related to warmahordes.

Don't worry, you know that I don't bother with making competitive lists for warmahordes :). I'll just throw in what's painted... wait, everything is painted :) (always wanted to say that) :). Will send my lists tonight.
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Limited edition models are fine to get a hold of but with no discount we are getting 3 or 4 of them whereas I know a lot of providers from my Sigil days and they would give us discounts for goods as "sponsorship" and then 13,000 buys 26,000 dinars worth of goods. An engraved medal for the winner is already included as are participation patches.
What about model trays? T-Shirts? Template sets? Porn? Chocolate? Narcotics?
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Well, as I already said - model trays, T-shirts, template sets, pr0n, chocolate, narcotics or anything else warmahordes related is something that you are going to buy anyway if you need/want to. And I doubt that anyone plays "for money" (or double the worth of them). At least I hope so. That's why I believe it's always better to get some really cool stuff that you wouldn't buy otherwise (steam punk clock comes to mind, but I guess that Shunka or some other steam punk fan could provide way better ideas).

Buy hey, that's just my opinion ;). You are organizer, so you should do as you see fit ;). It's bad idea to ask for opinions anyway :), because 100 men has 100 opinions (and 100 women has 200 tits, but that's quite another theme...).

Glory to Arstotzka!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Dzon Vejn wrote:You are organizer, so you should do as you see fit.
PORN IT IS!!
Đura_Samurajac

Post by Đura_Samurajac »

Rick wrote:
PORN IT IS!!
Dzon Vejn, you were saying something about 100 men and 200 tits? \:D/ :grin:
Dzon Vejn wrote:
This advanced bot stole my avatar!
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Đura_Samurajac wrote:
Rick wrote:
PORN IT IS!!

Glory to Arstotzka!
Đura_Samurajac

Post by Đura_Samurajac »

Dzon Vejn wrote:
Đura_Samurajac wrote:
Ovo ću u potpis da stavim :grin: :grin: :grin:
Dzon Vejn wrote:
Rick

Post by Rick »

OK,
I have ordered the prizes!!

"Zerkova does Dallas". A young journeygirl warcaster's trip to Dallas to become a fully fledged warcaster. She will do whatever it takes to get her stripes and see how the Rod of Whispers became the Rod of Screams.

"Naughty Nyss girls". Special appearance by Thagrosh, the Shaft of Everblight. He'll put more than a piece of Anthanc into the Saeryn and Rhyas - ammarite?

"Bone that Horny Witch Senseless" vol. 1-3. BDSM features from an independent studio. Not much in the way of story but the actresses certainly give 100% in the dungeon scene. The lead male could have done with putting on a few kilos. And some skin.

Grissel and Janissa webcam shows. To be honest this is a little too much 'special interest' for my tastes.

"Brokeback Menoth". Thought I'd put in a 'vegetarian option'. Not judging anyone.
Mikaan

Post by Mikaan »

Rick wrote:OK,

"Zerkova does Dallas". A young journeygirl warcaster's trip to Dallas to become a fully fledged warcaster. She will do whatever it takes to get her stripes and see how the Rod of Whispers became the Rod of Screams.

"Naughty Nyss girls". Special appearance by Thagrosh, the Shaft of Everblight. He'll put more than a piece of Anthanc into the Saeryn and Rhyas - ammarite?

"Bone that Horny Witch Senseless" vol. 1-3. BDSM features from an independent studio. Not much in the way of story but the actresses certainly give 100% in the dungeon scene. The lead male could have done with putting on a few kilos. And some skin.

Grissel and Janissa webcam shows. To be honest this is a little too much 'special interest' for my tastes.

"Brokeback Menoth". Thought I'd put in a 'vegetarian option'. Not judging anyone.
:mrgreen: :grin: :mrgreen:
Đura_Samurajac

Post by Đura_Samurajac »

Is that the one where Devourer Wurm says:"I wish I knew how to quit you" ?
Dzon Vejn wrote:
TheSerbianRaven

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

Rick wrote:OK,

What about "Helga - She-pig of the Thornwood Alliance"?

And is it to late to order pornographic versions of limited edition miniatures with chocolate trays and carry-bags with hidden compartments for narcotics?
Eiryss, Eiryss, Eiryss kako to zvuci, covece! Ali najbolje je sto ce Kreos ubiti tu Eiryss. Ubice je nezno, ali snazno! Da, to nije onaj Kreos sto je sebe proglasio za jadnika, ne ovo je novi Kreos, epski Kreos, super-grand-exemplar Kreos, kralj zena.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Please note 14 more lists to be submitted by Thursday otherwise there's going to be a lot of sad pandas.
:effort:
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Ja sam upravo provalio da ne mogu da sastavim tier 2 listu od modela koje imam.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Send me the warlocks you want to play and the models you are missing in a pm or by email and I will see if I can source them for you.
But the tier 2 requirement has been up for a while, Ota, a mate of yours, plays circle and has almost all the models. Do I really need to draw you a diagram?
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Either Wolf Lord Morraig, not more than 2 Gallows Groves, Mohsar the Desertwalker or alternatively Kaya the Moonhunter & Laris, not more than 2 Gallows Groves.

Anyone?

Glory to Arstotzka!
Histericni Istoricar
Kапитан Рубинщайн

Post by Histericni Istoricar »

Porodicne obaveze su iskrsle 7. novembra. Moracu da odustanem.
U jednog Bocu, mi verujemo!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Nenad - I'll bring 2 gallows groves to the event. Can you borrow the rest from Ota or Dalibor?

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”