Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

sa virtuelnim prijateljima

Moderator: Megabaja

lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Post by lord warrior »

Imadosmo na ante-siptarskom forumu temu u kojoj smo postovali razne bizarnosti iz nae okoline, i koja je mnogima posluzila kao inspitacija za Call ofCthulhu, Delta Green, Conspiracy X, Cult... E, pa, red je da opet imamo takvu temu.

U svakom slucaju:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7518049.stm
Deception is a Right · Truth is a Privilege · Innocence is a Luxury
Kirgan
Ser

Re: Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Post by Kirgan »

Bas kada sam citao u novinama pre koji dan ( da znam da citam i sam se tome cudim ) pomislih na masku :roll: 8) :twisted:
Josef Quartjin (Enemy Within):

"Zbogom Wittgendorf-e na k...c te nabijem" Sommerzeit 13. 2512.
lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Art of deception: Crystal skulls in British, US museums were fakes
by Richard Ingham
Tue Jul 8, 8:20 PM ET

How about this for the next instalment of the Indy franchise: "Indiana Jones and the Dodgy Antiques Dealer"?

Less than three months after the Quai Branly Museum in Paris discovered that a crystal skull once proclaimed as a mystical Aztec masterpiece was a fake, it is now the turn of the British Museum and the Smithsonian Institution to find they were victims of skull-duggery.

Scientists from those two prestigious institutions on Wednesday said their crystal skulls were cut, honed and polished by tools of the industrial age, not by Mesoamerican craftsmen of yore.

"The skulls under consideration are not pre-Columbian. They must surely be regarded as of relatively modern manufacture," they say.

"Each skull was probably worked not more than a decade before it was first offered for sale."

The skulls became star exhibits in all three museums long before the Indiana Jones movie, "The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," hit the movie screens this year.

The superstitious deemed them part of a collection of 12 skulls, endowed with healing or mystical powers, that dated back to the ancient culture of Central America.

Reuniting all 12 skulls, together with a putative 13th, would conjure up a massive power that would prevent the Earth from tipping over on December 21 2012, the "doomsday" in the Mayan calendar, according to one fable.

Legend-lovers had a bad day on April 18 when the Quai Branly said it had found grooves and perforations in its 11-centimetre (4.4-inch) -high quartz skull revealing the use of "jewellery burrs and other modern tools."

Doubts had also surfaced about the skulls in London and Washington, with art experts noting they were unusually large and with teeth markings that were exceptionally linear.

Seeking the verdict of science, researchers from those two museums examined the skulls with electron microscopes, looking at tiny scratches and marks left by the carving implements.

These were then compared with the surfaces of a crystal goblet, rock crystal beads and dozens of greenstone jewels known to be of genuine Aztec or Mixtec origin.

The study appears in the Journal of Archaeological Science, published by the Elsevier group.

The skull in the British Museum, purchased in 1897, is made of transparent rock crystal and is 15 centimetres (six inches) high. The Smithsonian skull, acquired by the museum in 1992, is of white quartz and measures 25.5 cms (10 inches) in height.

The investigators found that rotary wheels gave the British skull its sharp definition, a drill had dug out the nostrils and eyes, and diamond or corondum had been applied with iron or steel tools to smooth its upper surfaces.

As for the US skull, "faint traces" of tool marks remain, but these too are consistent with rotary wheels or grinding pads, the authors say.

No evidence has ever been found that rotary wheels were used to cut stones in Central America before the arrival of Europeans.

The investigators also found a black-and-red deposit in a tiny cavity of the Smithsonian skull. X-ray diffraction showed it to be silicon carbide -- a tough compound that only exists naturally in meteorites but is widespread in modern industrial abrasives.

Tiny irregularities in the quartz suggest the mineral for the London skull came from the European Alps, Brazil or Madagascar, while the quartz for the Washington skull had "many potential sources," including Mexico and the United States.

The sleuths pored over the archives of both museums, the Museum of Mankind in Paris, the French National Library, the Hispanic Society of America and newspaper records in a bid to find where the skulls came from.

The only documentation existing for the Smithsonian skull indicates it had been purchased in Mexico City in 1960. The scientists believe the skull was "probably manufactured shortly before it was purchased" there.

As for the British Museum and Quai Branly skulls, the paper trail leads to a French antiques collector by the name of Eugene Boban Duverge.

Boban had a shop in Mexico City and parlayed his way to the salons of Paris thanks to the 1863-67 "French Intervention," when troops of France's Second Empire invaded Mexico.

He built up a collection of 2,000 pre-Columbian artefacts, the biggest in Europe at the time. It included several crystal skulls, including the newly-unmasked fakes in London and Paris.

The skull that would eventually be bought by the British Museum was acquired by Boban between 1878 and 1881, possibly in Europe, the study says. In 1885, he tried to sell it to the National Museum of Mexico, but was turned down.

A year later, Boban sold it an auction to the New York jeweller's Tiffany's.

Two years later, Tiffany's sold the skull to a Californian businessman who nearly a decade later went bust and asked the jeweller to hunt for a new buyer.

So it was that Tiffany's vice president, George Kunz, made a pitch to the British Museum.

He recommended the purchase of "this remarkable object," sketched a past of colourful ownership, beginning with a Spanish soldier who had brought it back from Mexico, and quoting the opinion of others that the skull was of ancient Mexican origin but no-one knew for sure.

The rest, as they say, belongs to history... and human gullibility.

Crystal skulls deemed fake
bojan
WH rulesmaster

Post by bojan »

CYNIC, n.
A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7535840.stm

Ovo je totalno postavka za session bar desetak razlicitih RPG-ova.
Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed? Does it make you happy?
lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Stara vest, ali i dalje vredna citanja:

[
b]Men jailed for using teen's head as a bowling ball[/b]
April 04, 2007 06:20pm

TWO men have been jailed for life for the brutal slaying of a homeless teenager who was stabbed 133 times and decapitated before his head was used as a bowling ball.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21502796-2,00.html
Megabaja
Baja

Post by Megabaja »

hahaha... taj veseli ludi svet. :D

Ovo je bio sarkazam.
Pamti, pa vrati...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

Pazi, vidi, kockica ima 6 strana, a terminator gine samo na 1... by Chomie
CirKhan

Post by CirKhan »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7535840.stm
Ovu vest sam i ja skinuo pre neki dan.Brilijantno.Moglo bi se upotrebiti i za WoD,i za CoC,i za Kult ali mi ipak najvise smrdi na Unknown Armies 8)
I one albinose sam svojevremeno skidao,ima ih citav serijal na bbc-u.Oni su pak definitivno Cthulu! :evil:
Star Trek, Star Wars, and basically every other science fiction series uses hyperspace. 40K, however, uses the Warp, which is the gay pink-purple alternate-reality that explains both interstellar travel and why there are ugly demons running around in sci-fi land. Comparing the two, hyperspace is like DSL, while the Warp is like trying to connect to the internet on dial-up with a frayed wire in the small town of Atalaxupalpatinowahasibixo, Mexico.

Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Natavak na seckanje u basu. Izgleda da je lik nozem i makazama otkidao komade sa coveka i jeo ih.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/02/can ... pstoryview
Rat with a tool

Post by Rat with a tool »

Kul ( i zaista jeziv ) topic.
lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Knights Templar heirs in legal battle with the Pope

The heirs of the Knights Templar have launched a legal battle in Spain to force the Pope to restore the reputation of the disgraced order which was accused of heresy and dissolved seven centuries ago.
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Jebeni VRH! :D :D :D

Nadam se da ce dobiti spor :D
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Za sve nas koji smo citali Umberta Eka :

" Ziveces ponovo, Jacques de Molei!!! Dole kralj Filip!!!! Dole Papa!!!"
ImageImageImageImageImage
Rover

Post by Rover »

Neko u press-u je skoro igrao uzas u homolju :D

2 dana za redom: italijan shvercovao prepelice preko granice, i chlanak o vlashkoj magiji...
"I like my women like i like my cannons: Big, Loud and full of fire"
lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Kada se setimo cinjenice da Nesa kostic radi u Press-u, i ne zvuci tako cudno.
arborsomniorum

Post by arborsomniorum »

Rover wrote:Neko u press-u je skoro igrao uzas u homolju :D

2 dana za redom: italijan shvercovao prepelice preko granice, i chlanak o vlashkoj magiji...
Ljudi ali istina je da je jedan italijan, zakupio ovde zemlje, i placao lovcima dobre pare za ptice pevacice i njihova jaja... Mislim ko bi jeo jaja ptica pevacica, i njihovo meso... Italijan pobegao, a ostavio mnogo zemlje koju je kupio... Ko zna samo kada ce se vratiti, jer su izgleda i vlasti tamo potplacene... A kada ptice izumru, onda ce biti kukanja...
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
bojan
WH rulesmaster

Post by bojan »

arborsomniorum wrote:...A kada ptice izumru, onda ce biti kukanja...
Ispravka - kada ptice kukafice izumru prestace i kukanje.
CYNIC, n.
A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Gorbash

Post by Gorbash »

FUDBALER POJEDEN U NALETU BIJESA NAVIJACA

Port Moresbi - Da je Vojvoda od Edinburga, princ Filip, rodjeni Krfljanin i muz kraljice Elizabete imao pravo, kada je tokom jedne posjete britsanske studente u Port Moresbiju upitao 'kako to da ste vec toliko dugo u Novoj Gvineji, a da nijedan od vas nije pojeden' potvrdjuje i jucerasnje zbivanje na utakmici tamosnje druge lige, izmedju Vevak Rendzersa i Maunt Hagen Vonderersa, na kojoj su gnijevni navijaci Rendzersa napali, a nesto kasnije i pojeli gostujuceg igraca Ksmer Eberea. Sve to dogodilo se u 89. minutu utakmice, pri vodjstvu domacih od 5:1, kada je pokojni Ebere (43) dobio zuti karton.

Navijaci na Papui i Novoj Gvineji, jednostavno, ne tolerisu kartone, pa cak ni u protivnickom taboru, a da je doista tako, osjetile su Ebereve ruke, noge, trup, oci, usi i penis, koji su zavrsili u ustima krvolocnih fanova Rendzersa.
Gfure Obumen (74), ocevidac cjelokupnog dogadjaja kratko je prokomentarisao - 'nesportsko ponasanje ne tolerisem. Ipak, momak nije zasluzio da bude pojeden... No, sto reci - penis je bio jako ukusan', istakao je Gfure. Ovo je vec peti put tokom proteklih 6 godina, da navijaci na fudbalskom terenu jedu jednog od aktera susreta.
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
ifke

Post by ifke »

Pisalo je u Vecernjim novostima pre neki dan:

... sve bebe, medjutim bile pljunuti "doktor"

Krajem proslog meseca u beogradskom Drugom opstinskom sudu na cetiri godine zatvora osudjen je Dragan Jovanovic (34), iz sela nadomak Beograda, zbog laznog predstavljanja i nadrilekarstva.

Sud je tokom dokaznog postupka utvrdio da je lazni doktor u periodu od marta 1997. do juna 1999. godine "lecio i izlecio" blizu dvadesetak nerotkinja, od kojih je svaka donela na svet zdravu bebu. Sve bi bilo u najboljem redu da trojica muzeva i novopecenih roditelja nisu posumnjali u Jovanovicev metod lecenja...

- Od malih nogu baba me je ucila cemu koja travka sluzi i sta leci. Kad sam odrastao poceo sam da lecim narod cajevima i u tome sam bio uspesan. Onda su, jedna po jedna, u moju kucu pocele da pristizu i da traze pomoc mlade zene koje u svojim brakovima nisu imale decu. U pocetku sam i njima davao cajeve, a onda sam se dosetio da im pomognem - rekao je pred sudskim vecem Dragan Jovanovic.

Glas o coveku koji uspesno leci nerotkinje i na taj naćin spasava i njihove uzdrmane brakove brzo se procuo. Pred Jovanovicevim malim kucerkom u selu produzavali su se redovi pacijentkinja, ne samo iz okoline Beograda, nego i iz Nisa, Kragujevca, Valjeva, Novog Sada...

- Dolazile su mi zene iz svih krajeva Srbije i trazile isto: da im omogucim da rode dete. Bilo je mladih i lepih, ali i ruznih zena. Svakoj sam, bez obzira na izgled i godine, pomogao i udovoljio joj. I bar svaka druga je rodila bebu - tvrdi Jovanovic.

Lazni vidar i doktor otkriven je slucajno. Trojica oceva iz susednih sela nasli su se s porodicama u letnje popodne da popiju pivo i malo se provedu. Dok su se oni "ladili", njihova deca su se igrala u basti. Tada je jedan od njih primetio da svo troje dece lice jedno na drugo. Odmah su posumnjali u svoje zene, ali i u "doktora" Jovanovica, cije su bile pacijentkinje.

- Upali su pijani u moju kucu, kasno uvece, i poceli da vicu na mene i da me samaraju. Trazili su da im priznam kako sam i cime lecio njihove zene. Uplasio sam se i u besu rekao: Nisu vase zene jalovice, nego vi. Da nije bilo mene i moje injekcije, nikada ne biste dobili decu!

Gnevni ocevi pretukli su nadrilekara i prijavili ga policiji. Ubrzo je uhapsen. Jovanovic pred policijom i sudom nijednog trenutka nije priznavao delo koje mu se stavlja na teret, tvrdeci da je "samo pomagao" i da nikoga ni na sta "nije prisilio".

Upitan od strane suda da malo pojasni kakvu je to injekciju davao zenama i da li se kaje za ono sto je radio, okrivljeni Jovanovic je izjavio:

- Zasto bi se kajao? Nisam nikoga ubijao, nego sam darivao zivot! A injekcija? Kako cija i kakva? Pa moja, brate. Ne moze se zatrudneti od nekakvih cajeva i trava, nego samo od dobre injekcije!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na sudu pacijentkinja LJ.K. izjavila:

REKAO MI JE DA SE SVUCEM...

Jovanoviceve reci potvrdili su i brojni svedoci, od kojih su vecina bile zene.

- U braku sam sa Zivotom celih deset godina. Nismo imali dece. Obisla sam sve moguce lekare i uvek isto: "Dzabe, snajka, ti pijes lekove, problem je kod tvog muza". Kad sam to saopstila Zivoti i njegovoj majci, nastao je haos u kuci. Onda sam cula za doktora Jovanovica i otisla sam kod njega da trazim pomoc - ispricala je pred sudom lepuskasta Lj.K., jedna od pacijentkinja laznog doktora.

Prema njenim tvrdnjama, doktor ju je ljubazno primio, saslusao i obecao joj "sigurno izlecenje":

- Rekao mi je da ako hocu dete moram da budem spremna na rizik i moguce posledice. Pristala sam. A onda mi je rekao da se svucem, sto sam i uradila, misleci da hoce da me pregleda. Meðutim, svukao se i on... Shvatila sam o cemu se tu radi, ali mi je vec svega bilo dosta i pristala sam. Onda se desilo ono... Posle sat vremena, obukla sam se i onako, malo posramljena, posla kuci. Doktor mi je rekao da cu bebu roditi i da ne treba da se stidim. Samo, ako me neko u selu pita na koji me je naćin lecio, da kazem da mi je dao injekciju.

Posle devet meseci Lj.K. je zaista rodila devojcicu, koja je, kako ona kaze, bila "pljunuti doktor".

Na sudijino pitanje da li ju je doktor prisilio ili bio grub prema njoj kada su bili intimni, Lj.K. je kao iz topa odgovorila:

- Taman posla! Bio je nezniji i bolji od mog Zivote!
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Simpaticno, ali ne vidim gde je tu Cthulhu.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
ifke

Post by ifke »

Mislio sam da sam postovao na 'da se malo nasmejete'. Stodvaes' otvorenih prozora pa ne znam vise gde sta kucam. :)
lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Expedition set for 'ghost peaks'

It is perhaps the last great Antarctic expedition - to find an explanation for why there is a great mountain range buried under the White Continent.

The Gamburtsevs match the Alps in scale but no-one has ever seen them because they are covered by up to 4km of ice.

Geologists struggle to understand how such a massif could have formed and persisted in the middle of Antarctica.

Now, an international team is setting out on a deep-field survey to try to get some answers.

The group comprises scientists, engineers, pilots and support staff from the UK, the US, Germany, Australia, China and Japan. The ambitious nature of the project - working in Antarctica's far interior - has required an exceptional level of co-ordination and co-operation.

"You can almost think about it as exploring another planet - but on Earth," said Dr Fausto Ferraccioli from the British Antarctic Survey.

"This region is a complete enigma. It's in the middle of the continent. Most mountain ranges are on the edges of continents, and we really can't understand what these mountains are doing in the centre."

The AGAP (Antarctica's Gamburtsev Province) project will establish two camps from where the team will map the subglacial range using surface and airborne instruments.

The Gamburtsevs were discovered by a Soviet team making a traverse across the ice in the late 1950s. The rocky prominence was totally unexpected; scientists thought the interior of the continent would be relatively flat.

"There are two easy ways to make mountains," explained Dr Robin Bell, from the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, who is a lead US researcher on the expedition.

"One is colliding continents, but after they collide they tend to erode; and the last collision was 500-million-plus years ago. They shouldn't be there.

"The other way is a hotspot, [with volcanoes punching through the crust] like in Hawaii; but there's no good evidence for underneath the ice sheet being that hot.

"I like to say it's rather like being an archaeologist and opening up a tomb in a pyramid and finding an astronaut sitting inside. It shouldn't be there."

The mountains are believed to have been a key nucleation point for the vast East Antarctic Ice Sheet. It is thought that as Earth's climate cooled just over 30 million years ago, the snows that fell on the mountains produced mighty glaciers, which then merged to form one giant spreading ice-mass. A better understanding of these events could give clues as to how Antarctica might evolve in the coming centuries if, as expected, the Earth continues its current warming trend.

The aerogeophysical survey of Antarctica's Gamburtsev Province (AGAP) is a flagship endeavour of International Polar Year - the global science community's concerted push to try to answer the big questions about the Earth's northern and southern extremes. The challenging nature of the expedition has required that expertise be drawn from across polar community. Supplying such remote camps is a major logistical exercise; working in them - at temperatures 30-40 degrees below zero Celsius - is bound to be physically demanding.

Two survey aircraft will sweep back and forth across the ice to map the shape of the mountains. The planes will be equipped with ice-penetrating radar and instruments to measure the local gravitational and magnetic fields. Information on the deeper structure of the Gamburtsevs will come from a network of seismometers that will listen to earthquake signals passing through the rock from the other side of the globe.

"We'll map everything from the detailed ripples on the surface of the ice sheet down to the temperature structure hundreds of kilometres in the Earth, so we'll have everything from the layering in the ice to what the nature of the rocks are," said Dr Bell.

Another important aim of the project is to find a place to drill for ancient ices. By examining bubbles of air trapped in compacted snow, it is possible for researchers to glean details about past environmental conditions. Not only can they see concentrations of carbon dioxide and methane - the two principal human-produced gases now blamed for global warming - but they can also gauge past temperatures from the samples.

Somewhere in the Gamburtsev region there could be a location were it is possible to drill down to ices that are more than a million years old. This is at least 200,000 years older than the most ancient ices currently in the possession of scientists.

The expedition gets under way in the next few weeks and will take some two-and-a-half months to complete.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'd say that they'd have to be an inspiration for Lovecraft's original story...apart from that they were first discovered in 1958 - 21 years after his death.

This from a mission team member, Dr Fausto Ferraccioli:

"This is both an exciting and challenging project. It is a bit like preparing to go to Mars. For two and a half months, our international teams will pool their resources and expertise to survey mountains the size of the Alps buried under the ice sheet, that currently defy any reasonable geological explanation. At the same time, we will hunt for ice that is more than 1.2 million years old. Locked in this ancient ice is a detailed record of past climate change that may assist in making better predictions for our future."

This from the original Lovecraft story:

"I am forced into speech because men of science have refused to follow my advice without knowing why. It is altogether against my will that I tell my reasons for opposing this contemplated invasion of the Antarctic - with its vast fossil hunt and its wholesale boring and melting of the ancient ice caps. And I am the more reluctant because my warning may be in vain."

This, from another team member, Dr Robin Bell:

"We don’t really even know how old it is. We don’t know whether it was formed in the last 10 million years or the last billion years."

Drilling down 4 kilometres to a possibly billion-year old mountain range that shouldn't be there...what could possibly go wrong?

In other news, despite the recent economic crisis, green soapstone futures are booming.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Original article link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7668070.stm

Antarctica's hidden world: Gamburtsev Province Project (complete mission overview)

http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/press/featu ... _world.php

The cold, hard facts behind Antarctica's frozen peaks

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 49992.html

Mountainous Mystery

http://antarcticsun.usap.gov/science/co ... fm?id=1278

Mystery of Antarctica's huge, ghostly mountain range

http://www.earthsky.org/radioshows/5191 ... antarctica
bojan
WH rulesmaster

Post by bojan »

A man who became trapped beneath his own sofa for two days, says he survived by
sipping from a whisky bottle.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/e ... 853328.stm
CYNIC, n.
lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Dugo nije postovano na ovoj temi, ali ova vest vredi. Ko je igrao Maske Nijarlatotepa, shvatice.

Cave complex may lie beneath Giza Pyramids
British explorer claims to have found the lost underworld of the pharaohs

By Rossella Lorenzi
updated 11:37 a.m. ET Aug. 14, 2009

An enormous system of caves, chambers and tunnels lies hidden beneath the Pyramids of Giza, according to a British explorer who claims to have found the lost underworld of the pharaohs.

Populated by bats and venomous spiders, the underground complex was found in the limestone bedrock beneath the pyramid field at Giza.

"There is untouched archaeology down there, as well as a delicate ecosystem that includes colonies of bats and a species of spider which we have tentatively identified as the white widow," British explorer Andrew Collins said.

Collins, who will detail his findings in the book "Beneath the Pyramids" to be published in September, tracked down the entrance to the mysterious underworld after reading the forgotten memoirs of a 19th century diplomat and explorer.

"In his memoirs, British consul general Henry Salt recounts how he investigated an underground system of 'catacombs' at Giza in 1817 in the company of Italian explorer Giovanni Caviglia," Collins said.

The document records that the two explored the caves for a distance of "several hundred yards," coming upon four large chambers from which stretched further cave passageways.

With the help of British Egyptologist Nigel Skinner-Simpson, Collins reconstructed Salt's exploration on the plateau, eventually locating the entrance to the lost catacombs in an apparently unrecorded tomb west of the Great Pyramid.

Indeed, the tomb featured a crack in the rock, which led into a massive natural cave.

"We explored the caves before the air became too thin to continue. They are highly dangerous, with unseen pits and hollows, colonies of bats and venomous spiders," said Collins.

According to Collins, the caves — which are tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years old — may have both inspired the development of the pyramid field and the ancient Egyptian's belief in an underworld.

"Ancient funerary texts clearly allude to the existence of a subterranean world in the vicinity of the Giza pyramids," Collins told Discovery News.

Indeed, Giza was known anciently as Rostau, meaning the "mouth of the passages."

This is the same name as a region of the ancient Egyptian underworld known as the Duat.

"The 'mouth of the passages' is unquestionably a reference to the entrance to a subterranean cave world, one long rumored to exist beneath the plateau," Collins told Discovery News.

Collins' claim is expected to cause a stir in the Egyptological world.

Click for related content
Study: Fire used to make tools 75,000 years ago
Timber structure older than Stonehenge found
9,000-year-old house reveals Stone Age lifestyle

Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, has dismissed the discovery.

"There are no new discoveries to be made at Giza. We know everything about the plateau," he stated.

But Collins remarks that after extensive research, he found no mention of the caves in modern times.

"To the best of our knowledge nothing has ever been written or recorded about these caves since Salt's explorations. If Hawass does have any report related to these caves, we have yet to see it," Collins said.
© 2009 Discovery Channel

Originalni clanak:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32417238/ns ... e-science/

Edit:
Jos zanimljivosti: http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/news/ ... eneath.htm
CirKhan

Post by CirKhan »

A svi znamo sta lezi skriveno u tom podzemnom kompleksu. =P~
Secam se da sam pre par godina citao kako su u temeljima piramida u Gizi pronasli uklesan do tada nepoznat hireoglif koji je piktografski predstavljao kravu probodenu macem. Posto je doticni hireoglif bio elte nepoznat, egiptolozi koji su ga otkrili nisu bili sasvim sigurni za njegovo znacenje, ali su tvrdili da je definitvno simbol malevolencije.
Star Trek, Star Wars, and basically every other science fiction series uses hyperspace. 40K, however, uses the Warp, which is the gay pink-purple alternate-reality that explains both interstellar travel and why there are ugly demons running around in sci-fi land. Comparing the two, hyperspace is like DSL, while the Warp is like trying to connect to the internet on dial-up with a frayed wire in the small town of Atalaxupalpatinowahasibixo, Mexico.

opsidiannight
Чика Дринки

Post by opsidiannight »

Ajmo bre ljudi da kandidujemo Ktulua kao nezavisnog kandidata na sledećim izborima.
"This time, next year, we'll be millionaires!"
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

opsidiannight wrote:Ajmo bre ljudi da kandidujemo Ktulua kao nezavisnog kandidata na sledećim izborima.
Bolje ne, mozda i pobedi...
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
Image Image :badger: :badger: :badger:
CirKhan

Post by CirKhan »

Bolje ne, mozda i pobedi...
AHA!!!
Oduvek sam sumnjao da je Boca sluga Shub-Niggurath-a, ali sada se i javno demaskirao.

Megabaja
Baja

Post by Megabaja »

[-X

NE!
Boca je poznat kao najruznije od sto lica Nyarlathotepha. Tako da ne sluzi Shub Nigguratha...
Pamti, pa vrati...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

Pazi, vidi, kockica ima 6 strana, a terminator gine samo na 1... by Chomie
bojan
WH rulesmaster

Post by bojan »

Megabaja wrote:[-X

NE!
Boca je poznat kao najruznije od 999 lica Nyarlathotepha. Tako da ne sluzi Shub Nigguratha...
CYNIC, n.
opsidiannight
Чика Дринки

Post by opsidiannight »

Pa i treba da pobedi. Slogan je ''Uz Ktulua Evropa će moliti da nam se pridruži''!

Boca može da bude ministar za međuvrsna pitanja, pitalice i infrastrukturu (Nešto između Velje ilića i Mrkonjića ali sa više šarma).
Beta dobija resor Paramentalne komunikacije i ljubavi.
Alfa Istraživanje ruda, gubljenje vremena i hedonizma.
Megabaja misnistarstvo za uzdizanje Srpskog naroda na zaslužene istorijske visine ako ne i više.
Ćira će biti ministar za Rešavanje problema tela intelektualki.

Nagradno pitanje je da li ću ja prvi u kazan ili dobiti ministarsku fotelju, i ako da koju?

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Homer

Post by Homer »

Tja, od tebe i nema nesto posebno (mesa) da bi zavrsio u kazanu. Izuzev ako si se lepo osuncao i ako je more bilo dovoljno slano, a ti se nisi tusirao, pa onda imamo usoljene kosti, sto se da iskoristiti da da smek kazanu, tj. jelu u njemu.

Naravucenije, s obzirom da se u kompletnoj Cthulhu mitologiji nigde ne spominju problemi koji nastaju od masne hrane, licno smatram da ce Boca prvi u kazan, a ti na njegovo mesto.

Ovo je samo moje misljenje, ali mislim da pravi sud treba da da starac Odliver, buduci da on zna Ktulua dok je jos jaje bio.
opsidiannight
Чика Дринки

Post by opsidiannight »

Ko dok je bio jaje, Oliver ili Ktulu?
Awakened

Post by Awakened »

Pa Ktulu naravno, ipak je on samo Great Old One.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Bas tako.
CirKhan

Post by CirKhan »

Nagradno pitanje je da li ću ja prvi u kazan ili dobiti ministarsku fotelju, i ako da koju?
Nisi ti za kazan sinko, ne bi se od tebe najeli a potrosili bi drva za potpalu.
Boca vec jeste ali bi bila greota, jer dobro zgotivljuje hranu. A ako bi skuvao samoga sebe, onda ne bi mogao da nam kuva za ubuduce. Tako da ja predlazem Bocu za ministra prehrane,robnih rezervi i ugostiteljstva. Ali da nam garantuje za zateceno stanje inace da ide na prisilnu dijetu.
A ti Slovicu, posto vec neko vreme zabusavas sa svojom rubrikom "Pitajte Ciku", da bi se izvadio-moraces da prihvatis mesto ministra informisanja. Eno ti RTS, pa izvolte-emisija svako vece pred dnevnik (posle crtaca).
Alternativno, mogao bi i u ministarstvo prosvete ako ti se bas ne svidja da sedis pred kamerama i pijancis sa Tijanicem.

Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

CirKhan wrote:... Ali da nam garantuje za zateceno stanje inace da ide na prisilnu dijetu...
Poerd Kirgana the Great Devoeura ne garantujem ja ni na sta! Sem ako nemate nista protiv da svu hranu pravim od kokosa ^_^
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
Image Image :badger: :badger: :badger:
CirKhan

Post by CirKhan »

Evo malo vise informacija o kandidatu:
http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/index.html

lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Return to “Druženje”