Warmachine & Hordes League

Moderator: Moderators

FGSerbia

Warmachine & Hordes League

Post by FGSerbia »

I would like to put a call out to everyone currently playing Hordes and Warmachine in Belgrade and Novi Sad. By February 2008 I would like to have a fully up and running league for PIP miniatures.
How will that work?
Each player can register one or more armies as long as the armies are of different factions. Once registered you will be placed into a league with 3 other players. The length of the league is 3 months (so season 1 will be from 01/02/2008 - 30/04/2008). In that period each player must play each of his 3 opponents twice, once as the home player and once as the away player. As the home player the person is responsible for organising a time for the match to take place. They also get to choose the point size of the battle (upto their own or their opponents army limit) and they get to choose who goes first in the battle. It will be quite alright to play matches back to back (once as the home player and once as the away player). The results are marked down. If a player cannot attend a match or cancels an arranged match twice, his opponent can claim a 'walkover victory'. At the end of the league, the division winner moves up into the league above and the division loser moves down into a lower league while the middle two stay as they are. Once we have a settled league of 4 or more divisions (16 factions) then we can have a 'Premier League' where a prize can be given to the winner. This differs from a ladder as it should mean that the better players can get to play each other while new players
can start at the bottom with fellow poor players but get to have a crack at the better players as they improve. The results can be posted on-line and new leagues too. A win gets you 2 points a walkover 1 point and in the event of a draw at the end of a season we count the away wins. Kind of like a Champions League for Warmachine and Hordes.
How does it start?
Well first over the next 6 weeks I need players interested to register their armies with me. I will need an email with your name/nickname, faction and point total in your army. I think a 500 point minimum is fair though if people think a 350 point minimum would encourage people then we should go for that. As most players know each other a bit we will try and get the standards to a level early on. I have never played Hordes and so I expect to get my arse well and truly kicked but as each of the matches have a little bit riding on them I know I won't give up and I hope to learn fast. The idea of not only starting WM/H but automatically having some guarenteed games maybe a great way to grow the popularity of the hobby. Anyway, as always feedback, is appreciated. I ran a squash league in the UK based on the same concept so I know it can work, all it requires (like everything in life) is for people to buy into it.

If you are keen or want more information drop me a pm or an email.
Cheers,
Rick (Trollblood General & League Champion of the Future :wink:)
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

Count me in!!
mladjano bugarce

Post by mladjano bugarce »

Count me in(twice Khador/Everblight)
ImageImage
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

I'm in (Cygnar or Menoth/Circle)
Izgubio je sve ko nije razumeo da je pobeda bila nesto drugo
http://offgridttgamers.blogspot.rs/
stari blog http://waxerspasttime.wordpress.com/
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Maybe cygnar/circle as we already have 2 menoth?
R
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

I'm in!! Cryx of course :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Knight

Post by Knight »

Cygnar for me.

8)
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Me too (Khador)!
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
dublerius
Location: novi sad, vojvodina, srbija, balkan, europa, stari svet, zemlja, solarni sistem, mlecni put

Post by dublerius »

as one of ns players im in with PoM :D

go Flamebitch Feora :D
burn the infidels in the holy flames of menoth
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

I'll play Skorne, but when it comes to painting and assembling miniatures, I'm very slow... I don't know when my 500 army will be complete. Right now, I have 320 points. I would really like to play in the league, but it seems that I won't have enough time to assemble, paint and buy everything I need.

Miroslav (Painbringer) Skorne
xclub

Post by xclub »

Ja bih igrao neki turnir, Rick, napravi tamo nesto pa nas pozoves....

I'd like to play some tournament, so Rick, make one and call us... You own us from invitation to new shop...

I can play with Khador... maybe Cryx in not so distant future.. or maybe Merc if I can find money to buy a starter... Or maybe Legion if you can allow to prox one unit of blighted leggionares with dark elf executioners (they are just the same), and Forsaken with Deamonette (same thing, but Deamonnete is pretty, and The Forsaken isn't)...

SO KHADOR/LEGION certanly

CRYX/MERC maybe....
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

In a three month span players in a league should be able to organise a trip to Novi Sad or a trip to Belgrade from Novi Sad so I think it should work across the two towns even if there has to be some back-to-back matches played.
Glad there's some interest so early on. If people can email me the size of their armies so I can register it, I can start putting together some leagues. To begin with I'll try and make it different factions in each league for interests sake.
mladjano bugarce

Post by mladjano bugarce »

Mislim da za pocetak ne treba insistirati na ofarbanosti armija, a ideja proxija mi se principijelno ne svidja.( Za one starije: jos se najezim kada se setim nekih dark magic kartica...)
ImageImage
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Rick, what exactly do you need for licensing our armies? Army lists on 500, 350, 750, 1000, or just overall number of points and minis? How many army lists?
Cheers :wink:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Well for example if I have a 2000 point army and I know that you have a 2000 point army then on my home matches I can declare our match to be a 500 - 2000 point match. I can also plan it that if I want to avoid your best Helljacks I should run a smaller skirmish. Hence I have 'home advantage'. On the away match I may face a completely different battle and have to employ completely different tactics. If on the other hand I only have a 500 point army you know that the choices are somewhat limited. For the first season I will try and keep the players with the bigger armies together. I aim to publish the information on-line and update it if armies grow. Currently I have a 180 point Trollblood army (2 warbeasts :cry: ). Within a couple of weeks I'm going to add a warpack, another warbeast and 3 unit boxes, a couple of mercanaries etc etc and it will quickly be a 1000 point army. When you get know that I favour a tactical set up based on having my whole army out you can maybe try to upset this by running a 750 point game which would mean I would have to give up my scattergunners or long riders or something. I will try and do something similar to you on my home games.
Moving forward along side the league I would also like to run a cup. This will probably just be for a certain size of army. At the end of it we can know who is the best 750 point army player for example. But there's little point running a 2000 point tournament if Bojan is the only person that can field an army.
Basically it just helps to know for organisational purposes.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

PS A lot of my army planning depends on Shunka not having any hand or eyesight related injuries in the next few weeks.
Last edited by FGSerbia on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Ok. All clear. :wink:
You'll be having an email from me shortly.
:wink:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Please no more nude photo attachments - I told you before - that's right out!
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Damn, got me... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
joggy
Hronos
Hronos

Post by joggy »

AH, I would like to play that, but currently I only have 350pts army :(. So, no matter, I will play with 350 against 500 if you like, but I want to play that league, pleeeseee :lol: . Also, that idea of having a trip arranged for novi sad sounds like it could work once per 3 months
"Narod u demokratiji ne može da pogreši. Kakva god da je odluka naroda to je odluka Boga." Vulin.
"Potrebno je da vozilo koje vrši transport ima onu ruku napred, da prebacuje... Imaju proizvođači, ja sad ne znam ko su“ Velja.
„Na Beka su pucali amateri, jednom je čak spala kapuljača“ Nesa.
xclub

Post by xclub »

Svidja mi se totalno ideja... A ja cu igrati sa Legijom najverovatnije...

Odlicno ce biti ako bude na relaciji bg-ns... Bice nas tako mnogo vise... Nego u svakom pojedinacnom gradu...
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

@joggy
6 nedelja je prijavljivanje.
Do tada ces imati valjda 500 poena...
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
joggy
Hronos
Hronos

Post by joggy »

ah, mislio sam da pocinje 1. januara. Do februara bi trebao da skupim,da.
"Narod u demokratiji ne može da pogreši. Kakva god da je odluka naroda to je odluka Boga." Vulin.
"Potrebno je da vozilo koje vrši transport ima onu ruku napred, da prebacuje... Imaju proizvođači, ja sad ne znam ko su“ Velja.
warlord

Post by warlord »

@xclub:kontas da ne kontas... niko ne konstatuje...

Nista,NS igraci kontaju da je ok,mi cem ose organizovati i sigrati a to da bude na relaciji NS-BG ne znam kako ce i koliko da uspe.

Rik ce valjda uskoro objaviti svoje ideje i na nasem forumu pa ce nasi ljudi moci da procitaju i odluce sta i kako zele.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

The more the merrier!!
Thinking about it maybe we have a couple of mercanary/minions ready to boost a 350 to a 500 point army for the purposes of league matches.
We can sort those details out.
Good to have you on board.
dublerius
Location: novi sad, vojvodina, srbija, balkan, europa, stari svet, zemlja, solarni sistem, mlecni put

Post by dublerius »

imas dobrih merc dzekova u ponudi, nabavi jos i kastere i bice i u NS merc igraca
TheSerbianRaven

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

I'm in with a 750 Protectorate army.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Great well I think we're about there for a 4 division starting league. As there are quite a lot of menoth I think I am going to go for a merc army to do something different. I will be putting together the next order over the weekend. It will include wreck markers for the league games.
I will send out some mails asking for details soon and then we can start 1st of Feb.
Question should we post 3 scenerios that are eligible for the league and let the home player decide? Or just play Kill the warlock/warcaster? It might be fun to post 3 scenerios out of No Quarter per season that must be played to make the home advantage more telling...
R
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Question should we post 3 scenerios that are eligible for the league and let the home player decide? Or just play Kill the warlock/warcaster? It might be fun to post 3 scenerios out of No Quarter per season that must be played to make the home advantage more telling...
Well, we usually play 6 rounds till the last man standing. I think it's more fun that way, because kill warlock/warcaster is not very balanced, as warlocks are indefinitely more tougher thanx to the damage transfer ability. And Any warcaster who's been on the receiving end of my denny will tell you that it's not very pleasant to play 2-3 turn games. On the other hand, I managed to turn (miraculously) games where i lost my warcaster early on, and so did Bojan several times. That's the stuff legends are made of!!! And some of the most fun games of warmachine I ever had. On the other hand, we could try out several scenarios from No Quarter (Bojan and me are volunteering ), in order to test them and see... Probably this weekend ;-)
Just my 2 soul tokens ;-)
TheSerbianRaven

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

Yes, while the warmachine strategies are mainly "kill the caster, and clean up the rest", in Hordes it's Easier to pick of the beasts and then close in on a furry-less warlock.
dublerius

Post by dublerius »

there are some special rules for league at http://leagues.privateerpress.com/
mostly rules that say if you play one fraction against some other if you do some thing you get extra points :D
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

If Bathory and / or Zekina Banda are willing to share some of their miniatures, I'll be playing too, probably ;)
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

Dzone Vejne nema problema :lol:
PP objavljuje svake nedelje nova scenarija za njihove lige. Mislim da je igranje scenarija interesantnije od "ciscenja" table (po Bojanovom i mom iskustvu). WM i Horde su originalno disbalansirane igre, stoga scenariji, obicno, donesu malo balansa.
btw. 2000+ points games are whole day affair. We should stick to 500-750-1000 schemes.
Izgubio je sve ko nije razumeo da je pobeda bila nesto drugo
http://offgridttgamers.blogspot.rs/
stari blog http://waxerspasttime.wordpress.com/
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

btw. 2000+ points games are whole day affair. We should stick to 500-750-1000 schemes.
I agree - maybe have 1500-2000 point battles as premiership battles only and/or cup final battles.

There are certain scenerios published in No Quarter that seem really interesting. Where you have to have a number of Beasts/Jacks in an area of the field and your opponent none at the end of a round to win. These might make for a thrilling games and could really lend home advantage if one person has been mentally preparing tactics for that. My though was to have 3 different scenerios that were valid for each season and these could change as a new season began.

The leagues section on the Privateer Press section is interesting but is what I classify as a ladder rather than a league. In this set up the better players will rise to the top but as they get relegated the players below them get a crack at them and some new players can get promoted to play against better players (allbeit for 1 season probably) and get better for the 6 matches they will get to play. In a home match you can really put forward a strategy and your opponent would have to prepare 3 not knowing which game was to be played. If our leagues are to be 3 months long then during that time teams will evolve and your first away match could be very different to your last home match.

Sta Milis?
joggy
Hronos
Hronos

Post by joggy »

It's now completely obvious that I will have Orboros 500 pts till february 1st, so count me in :P
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Warning to everyone: Thanks to one of my brothers of coats, Mr Momcilo Markovic, I now have rulebook! Ha!!!! Now I'll go read who needs to be burn.... errrmmm... purifed!!!

Warning to brothers of coats: We would sooon be bigger for Severius, Avatar and Revenger.... as soon as that troolblood dealer supplies me with raw metal....
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

Brother Wayne, hopefully our army will grow stronger after january when our former brother, now Rick the Hordes Heretic :), brings the new believers from abroad!!!

Glory to Menoth!
Duc d' Elchingen

Post by Duc d' Elchingen »

Bathory wrote:Brother Wayne, hopefully our army will grow stronger after january when our former brother, now Rick the Hordes Heretic :), brings the new believers from abroad!!!

Glory to Menoth!
I am absolutely sure that you meant delivers...
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Duc d' Elchingen wrote:
Bathory wrote:Brother Wayne, hopefully our army will grow stronger after january when our former brother, now Rick the Hordes Heretic :), brings the new believers from abroad!!!

Glory to Menoth!
I am absolutely sure that you meant delivers...
errrmmm.... no??? read again?

Glory to Arstotzka!
Duc d' Elchingen

Post by Duc d' Elchingen »

Yes it is official I am stupid...

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”