7th June - WM/Hordes Tournament & Promo

Moderator: Moderators

FGSerbia

7th June - WM/Hordes Tournament & Promo

Post by FGSerbia »

RULES & REGS
The idea is to have fun - hopefully a few ground rules will help ensure that everyone does. While there are prizes at stake this is a light hearted tournament between friends (God help us #-o ).
- Each entrant may bring only one 500 point list. Please bring with you and submit your list on paper prior to the start of the tournament. Due to space please DO NOT BRING ALL YOUR MODELS. NOTE Any models lost or stolen can be bought/ransomed back from the shop at a reasonable price, depending on how well they were painted etc.
- At the end of player 2's 6th round the player with the most Victory Points is declared the winner. If a player's Warlock or Warcaster is killed they also lose the match. In the event of a tie I have no idea what happens and will try to blag it.
- Each player gets 45 mins for 6 turns (90 mins altogether) that's 7.5 mins per turn. Please play fair. Players blatantly ignoring these timescales may forfeit the match. Also please be prompt in setting up and packing away your armies. Have your cards prepared.
- Unpainted models and proxies are allowed to the point of not taking the p*ss. Anyone turning up with a can of Guarana and claiming it's the Lich Lord Terminus will meet with a frosty reception. Remember a load of people all fighting over copies of the rulebooks will not make for a smooth well run tournament.
- Please do not offer advice, tips and/or sexual favours whilst a match is going on. All 3 can be given freely after the match has finished. Games can be refereed and rules can be clarified during the match. If a ref is asked to make judgement please respect that judgement even if it is against you. Please note my signature at the bottom on the pointlessness of violence.
- There are awards in the following 4 categories;
* Overall Tournament Winner
* Fastest Caster/Lock kill
* will add here
* will add here
All entrants will receive an entrant's pack with a free drink, pen and sew on patch and the top 3 players will also be awarded prizes. There will also be a prize from a choice of blisters for the best Battle Report posted on this forum.
- PLEASE ONLY ENTER IF YOU ARE SURE THAT YOU CAN TAKE PART. Tournament times will be posted a week before the the 7th. Ensure that you arrive on time otherwise your place may be given to someone else.

Current Entrants;
1. Painbringer
2. Dejan
3. Shunka
4. Dawngreeter
5. Pedja
6. Shukaku
7. Resurrection
8. Damjan

Reserves
1. Pendargon
2. Bojan D.
3. Rick

Yes, these rules have been delivered in flippant fashion - as I hope to impart the tone of the weekend. Come along and have some fun - yes there are some free minis at stake but the best way to look at it is to have some good games and if you win anything it's a bonus.
xclub

Re: 7th June - WM/Hordes Tournament & Promo

Post by xclub »

You forgot Novi Sad...

Four of thee will come, and claim all four awards...

Be sure not to rest in peace, even when we'll kill all your warcasters/warlocks in round one...

Forgotten realm of Novi Sad....

1. Nikola Ivkovic - TSR - Protectorate of Menoth - Crazy menite inquisition...
2. Petar Kalmar - Malkovian - Protectorate of Menoth - Umber guard
3. Aleks Nolastname - Stormbringer - Misterious army maybe he'll bring new unreleased faction of elves... But probably Cygnar
4. Me - Xclub - Well, i'm not sure, i'm just good old Samaritan... Or maybe I'll bring radovan karadzic... Upssss.. Magnus, I mean Magnus...
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Wow...
No Pendargon and no Bojan (probably). Almost anyone might win!!!
Hmm... And I can bring in Sorscha.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

I would like to take part in the Tournament, but it seems that it's a tournament for the 'new players' so you can put me in the reserve list with the 'veterans' if you think it's better.

edit: just saw the post on the other topic. So it's definitively a tournament for the 'choir boys :wink: ''.

I'll gladly be on the reserves bench and in the function of the High priest of Menoth.
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

I ask... nay, demand that one of the prises go for "the most suicidal player" accomplishment. I'd win that in a heartbeat.
Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed? Does it make you happy?
xclub

Post by xclub »

Imo there will be really lot of players for Warmachine, so why not eight tables...

I mean it could be heavy, but we can provide four tables with our terrain...
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

xclub wrote:Imo there will be really lot of players for Warmachine, so why not eight tables...

I mean it could be heavy, but we can provide four tables with our terrain...
And I guess you will cast some spell to increase space in shop, so that it gets enough space for 8 tables :?:
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
xclub

Post by xclub »

Actually I found Smurf's spellbook so I could make some space... OR we can always play warmachine on the bridge...

Joke on the side, if so many people are coming then it would be great to have enough tables so everyone can play...

But it was just a friendly advice, and you could asks us for any help we can provide, and we'll gladly do that...
mladjano bugarce

Post by mladjano bugarce »

Ja sam trenutno na brodu :x tako da sigurno necu ucestvovati, nadam se da cu naci vremena da pomognem oko sudjenja.
ImageImage
dublerius
Location: novi sad, vojvodina, srbija, balkan, europa, stari svet, zemlja, solarni sistem, mlecni put

Post by dublerius »

2. Petar Kalmar - Malkovian - Protectorate of Menoth - Umber guard
i'm not playing umber guard i'm bringing drazas boys :D
burn the infidels in the holy flames of menoth
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Current Entrants Updated;
1. Painbringer
2. Dejan
3. Shunka
4. Dawngreeter
5. Pedja
6. Shukaku
7. Resurrection
8. Damjan
9. Serbian Raven
10. Dublerious
11. Aleks
12. Stefan Xclub
13. Bathory
14. VACANT
15. RESERVE Pendargon
16. RESERVE Rick

Playing arrangements;
We don't really have room for 8 tables. The plan is to have 8 on and 8 off and we'll lay on boardgames for when people aren't playing. I have 6 table thus that is not a problem. I am formulating a cunning plan to speed the process along. I am still working on the ratio that for every 75 players that say they'll turn up only 1 does - leave this with me.
xclub

Post by xclub »

Ok, your ratio is great....

We'll come and we'll come to see, have fun, so I'm volontiring for reserve...

I'll talk with Dule, cuz I'm bringing Cryx to Sigil, to spread Guarana all over 8)

Anyway, I don't need a table, just a chair to sit on.... :)
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Usualy 80% of the people do turn up for tournaments. Sometimes even more.
rekurzivno glupilo
xclub

Post by xclub »

And sometimes even 200 %... I gained weight since you last saw me, and not only me, all NS gang is fatty wm fans, except Aleks, who is in the army.(Sex burns lot of calories, and he says that the last main topic there was whose breasts are larger) ... :)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Usualy 80% of the people do turn up for tournaments. Sometimes even more.
I know that most people will turn up - I'm only doing my cynical teasing/moaning thing.
And sometimes even 200 %... I gained weight since you last saw me
Good man!! Everybody's on a bloody diet nowadays - and it always makes them mean.

Given that the majority of people will be from BG we can maybe play some matches on the Friday evening and then have a start time for some at 9am on staurday and others at 10.45am. This should mean that we can finish within the realms of normal hours on Saturday.

What thinks everyone?

- There are awards in the following 4 categories;
* Overall Tournament Winner
* Fastest Caster/Lock kill
* Best Painted Warbeast or Warjack (to be voted on by all attendees)
* Most stupid single maneouvre (whether successful or not)
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

FGSerbia wrote:* Most stupid single maneouvre (whether successful or not)
I see no possible way of anyone taking this one away from me. 8)
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Koliko nas igra na kraju?
8?
12?
16?
Rick wrote:Given that the majority of people will be from BG we can maybe play some matches on the Friday evening and then have a start time for some at 9am on staurday and others at 10.45am. This should mean that we can finish within the realms of normal hours on Saturday.
Ne odgovara mi ali ako bude bilo bas potrebno iscimacu se.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Dawngreeter wrote:
FGSerbia wrote:* Most stupid single maneouvre (whether successful or not)
I see no possible way of anyone taking this one away from me. 8)
There are many pretenders to the throne.
Koliko nas igra na kraju?
We're still accepting entrants. We have space for 1 more, but if 2 come in I will drop out, if 3 come in Dule has said that he will stand aside, 4 then Momcilo etc. We will make up reserves that can come back in if people then drop out closer to the time. It's best if I don't play - not because of experience (which is not that much) but then I can check army lists and help keep everything running without p*ssing off my opponents for interruptions. This will take up a FULL day so I know certain people won't be able to make that kind of commitment.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

If you need someone else to drop out you can count on me. I guess Dawny wouldn't mind the two of us playing together (we'd just need to play a few training mathces to make sure we would complement each other and make things go faster, not wasting time on pointless tactic consultations mid-turn).
rekurzivno glupilo
TheSerbianRaven

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

It might also bee a good idea to have a copy of the Canon of True Law (also known as the FAQ/Errata) on the computer.
Eiryss, Eiryss, Eiryss kako to zvuci, covece! Ali najbolje je sto ce Kreos ubiti tu Eiryss. Ubice je nezno, ali snazno! Da, to nije onaj Kreos sto je sebe proglasio za jadnika, ne ovo je novi Kreos, epski Kreos, super-grand-exemplar Kreos, kralj zena.
xclub

Post by xclub »

Ok, I'm announcing that I'll be there, but I won't play, except there'll be less than 8 people for play...

But still will be there to see people, get promo stuff, and chit-chat with old enemies from the old league...
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Before everyone throws in the towel - we still DO NEED 16 competitors. :!:
Currently we have 15 so everyone's still playing I hope. When we have 25 people wanting to join in then we can all do the noble thing. Stefan I thought you were going to play Gorton?
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

I would like to point out that I am totally free only on 7th... On 8th I cannot dedicate a complete day to WM (probably just morning and afternoon, up to say, 6-7 pm).
ImageImageImageImageImage
xclub

Post by xclub »

Rick, NO, now you've spoiled my element of surprise...

Anyway, if somebody would drop the tournament, because we will play long time with so many opponents, then I'll gladly drop out, so new players can play...

Ili bolje na srpskom, ja sam odusevljen da vidim ljude u tolikom broju da igraju wm/hordes... I ako ce morati da se igra u petak, a to bude znacilo da neki ljudi nece moci da dodju, jer im je to predugacko, onda cu ja da dodjem da se druzimo (i da Vas posmatram 8O ), kako bi se sto vise novih igraca igralo...

Rick, imo is that only the Saturday should be the tournament, and please do not make that on friday, if that would mean that new players won't come...
shukaku

Post by shukaku »

Yeah Rick please keep it on saturday,eventually on sunday,but not on friday,I first cannot come because I have some exams on faculty :x
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Mislim da je ideja bila da se samo prva tura (prvi mec, prva smena) igra u petak popodne. Dakle da ne dolaze svi igraci, vec ako njih 8 moze da dodje... Preostali igraci bi poceli u subotu ujutru.
rekurzivno glupilo
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Shunka wrote:I guess Dawny wouldn't mind the two of us playing together (we'd just need to play a few training mathces to make sure we would complement each other and make things go faster, not wasting time on pointless tactic consultations mid-turn).
A-yep. Though I suspect I'm still at least a year away from knowing what I'm doing for the entire length of the game.
shukaku

Post by shukaku »

E ako je petak popodne recimo od 16.00 pa nadalje onda moze :)
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

I would gladly play with Shunka and Dawny.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Hmmm... Maybe we should try that one out sometime. But I'm positive that it's not a good solution for a tournament which is supposed to be played fast.
rekurzivno glupilo
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

We can play just a few test - games against each other, so we can practice a bit.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Mislim da je ideja bila da se samo prva tura (prvi mec, prva smena) igra u petak popodne.
Yes basically. Belgrade players that are playing Belgrade players can play their first game on Friday night under tournament conditions.
On the Saturday we can have 8 players turn upat 9am for their match and the second at 10.45am so there is little waiting round in the morning. It will be easier when I know final numbers and can make a draw.
Knight

Post by Knight »

This sounds really intresting :)
I would love to take part - after a long break i wanna use my minnis :geek:
Duc d' Elchingen

Post by Duc d' Elchingen »

I have to delete myself from the event.
There is one wedding that I have to attend.
Not mine.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

That's a shame.

Can I borrow your long gunners? :oops:
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think there is a problem with Friday matches... there is a Pirates tournament that day!!
"I like my women like i like my cannons: Big, Loud and full of fire"
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

It won't be a problem - it will be a saturday only Tournament.
xclub

Post by xclub »

Ok, testirali smo u par partija na 7,5 min jedan igrac turn, i samo cu reci mission impossible...

No u svakom slucaju, bar 10 min, ili malko vise, 12,5 ,,,,

Ja jednostavno ne mogu da izvedem da pomerim 25 figura, i igram sa njima za 7,5 min...
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

xclub wrote:Ok, testirali smo u par partija na 7,5 min jedan igrac turn, i samo cu reci mission impossible...

No u svakom slucaju, bar 10 min, ili malko vise, 12,5 ,,,,

Ja jednostavno ne mogu da izvedem da pomerim 25 figura, i igram sa njima za 7,5 min...
Samo 25?
Ja imam 33 :)

Da se poveca na 10min je mozda izvodivo ali sve preko 2 sata znaci da ce turnir trajati predugo.
8 sati za igranje (4 runde) +
3x10min izmadju svake runde +
sat za hranu +
30 min za prijavljianja i kasnjenja svake vrste=
10 sati sto moze da se strpa u radno vreme bez problema.
xclub

Post by xclub »

Ili cu jednostavno doci na tur, sa cryxom od jackova i vestica, i sa pet figura odigrati u 2,5 min...

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”