So What Happens after Legends?

Moderator: Moderators

FGSerbia

So What Happens after Legends?

Post by FGSerbia »

Fact 1. The Invasion of Lael story arc ends with Legends.
Fact 2. A Fifth Faction emerges in 2009.
Fact 3. Privateer Press aren't going to end an enterprise at its strongest.

So, I ask you, what happens next?
Dawngreeter

Re: So What Happens after Legends?

Post by Dawngreeter »

Second Edition!
Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed? Does it make you happy?
Rover

Post by Rover »

3d game....the combination of wm and hordes, with factions that are aliens and are half machines half robots...androids if you like
"I like my women like i like my cannons: Big, Loud and full of fire"
Ko, jel' ja?

Post by Ko, jel' ja? »

They change the rules and go prepainted plastic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

I exspect several other 'Forces of Warmachine' books. And I'd have to see Legends to form oppinion about continuation of the overall metaplot.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

What happens? Nothing, really. We get another book. We get some new units. That's the way it works.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I actually meant from a story arc mode.

My theory (100% wrong of course but....). The story moves to Rhul. Something big is happening and all 4 factions send units that way. To that campaign a number of Warcaster will also travel (let's say for example all the new casters from legends and the non epic ones from Apotheosis (who will of course go epic)) and with them certain units - but not all units and certain solos but not all solos. Once there we will get new Warcasters for that campaign and new units. Certain Rhul families ally with Cygnar to get Cygnar Dwarf Corps and so forth and obviously you'll get Bane ankle biters for Cryx, Ogruns join with Khador, Menoth will convert and/or burn some new units etc etc etc. This way the new fifth faction only needs to bring out 3 new Warcasters and 4-5 new sets of units to be with an equal footing with the other 4 factions at the beginning. With each new book from the new story arc a new warcaster is released for each faction - and let's say two new units - plus an existing unit from the first story arc becomes available and the new fifth faction get 3 new units to keep on par. By the end of the story arc the fifth faction has as many units and solos and warcasters as the other 4 and then they all return to Immoren in the 3rd story arc when the Ogoth attack Immoren again.
Superb!!
I'll be broke for years to come! Shunka - better get some more paint in!
xclub

Post by xclub »

I really hope that they'll put in some Chaos... Maybe Chaos Marines...
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

FGSerbia wrote:With each new book from the new story arc a new warcaster is released for each faction - and let's say two new units - plus an existing unit from the first story arc becomes available and the new fifth faction get 3 new units to keep on par. By the end of the story arc the fifth faction has as many units and solos and warcasters as the other 4
This actually makes a lot of sense. Plus, it's sort of going in the direction I also think it will - a second edition. Because, let's face it, Warmachine needs to shape up in order to be on par with the quality and balance of Hordes game design. This would allow them to slowly revise everything as a sort of a back door second edition, instead of hitting the reset butting which pisses people off.
Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed? Does it make you happy?
xclub

Post by xclub »

Imo the second edition will be bad. Because we will have to buy new books, new cards, after we bought Remix and mark II decks, so if there will be no radical change in rules, it'll be desaster for PP....
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

An outright 2nd Edition would be a bad idea. The other option would be to bring the story forward a 100 years which would mean new warcasters and improved Jacks and units (I suppose cryx could keep their warcasters). This too would annoy me - great a unit of Cygnar Long Gunners with scopes on their rifles for better accuracy - 3000 dinars please!!

With my idea all that happens is that a handful of Warcaster models become obsolete if you want to play the new story arc - all other models are useable. The only problem with this (from PiP's perspective) is that unless there are significant new units for existing factions they are gambling on a lot of people liking and buying the 5th faction.
I don't think they need to fix Warmachine - the only things that makes it broken are certain warcasters. Get rid of p & eVlad, pSorscha, pSkarre and half the battle is won.

On the broken front though - I would argue that Dule armed with a force of only solos, Banes Knights, pirate revenants and Bile Thralls and no warcaster could probably take down any list of Skorne or Trollbloods that was put before him. The Everblight Seraph and Raptors would keep him honest as would certain Orboros lists but I don't think the Trolls or Skorne could do much against that kind of list. The same is true of a force made entirely of Long Gunners and their UA's. I don't think either Skorne or Trollbloods could do much against that either.

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”