The Belgrade Open - Warmachine/Hordes Tournament - Sept 2008

Moderator: Moderators

arborsomniorum

Re: The Belgrade Open - Warmachine/Hordes Tournament - Sept 2008

Post by arborsomniorum »

It's not Rick's fault, because I sent RIck e-mail with army list from my old e-mail. Or maybe he doesn't know that I'm not Xclub anymore.

Rick, there is a great chance that Sale will be on the tournament also. So put him in too, Sale Cryx.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Updated.
No one tells me anthing. :cry:
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

I'm baaaaaack!!!
(and you had your hopes up... :twisted: ).
Coming to get the cryx medal... :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImage
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

The list on page 6 is fully updated. Even with last minute cancellations we should have at least 16 players. The entrance needs to be completed by Thursday. Currently Sale (Novi Sad), Dzon Vejn (BG), Knight (BG), Nikica and Dawngreeter (BG) are all pending for the Saturday tournament - please confirm by Thursday if you can make it.

Entrants for Friday. Starting time is 18:00.
Please bring your models and 100 dinars to Sigil. Please remember this is a knockout tournament. If you do lose please do not spoil later rounds by offering adviced or delaying games.

Entrants for Saturday. Starting time is 10:00
Please bring your models, your list with complete points cost and VPs and 300 dinars to Sigil. Though there will be pauses - you should expect this to last all day. Sandwiches, snacks and drinks will be available.

Entrants for Sunday. Starting time is 16:00
Please bring your models to Sigil. This is a seeded knockout tournament.

Let the games commence.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

I'm going to have bussy weekend, so I'm surely off. It MIGHT be MAYBE possible to work something out for sunday, but I'm not 100% painted, so I'm off that one too. And it's always better to cancel than don't show up ;). Besides, it would be a lot of "if"-s, anyway.... :(

Don't blame me - blame obligatory military service that's waiting for me in november...
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Knight

Post by Knight »

I’m terribly sorry to announce my absence on Saturday; I’m needed at work ‘till 2pm, no chance of making it whatsoever.

This means I’m coming on Sunday with 750pts of Cygnar goodies to get my warmachine fix! :)

And regarding Friday, it is possible I will be late some 10 minutes or so – wait for me please.
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

I'm definitely confirming that I won't be able to make it on Saturday. It's just Friday for me, unfortunately.
Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed? Does it make you happy?
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Last day for entries.
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

Unfortunately, I won't show up on Friday. But, I'm there on Saturday.
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Rik, jel ti bolje da se prijavim pa mozda otkazem ili da se iznenada pojavim (za mangled mjetal)?
U svakom slucaju sutra u 3 cu znati definitivno.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

For the Mangled Metal and Hardcore it is not so important - we can be a bit flexible, but for the Steamroller I need to know by today as I have to arrange tables etc.
Knight

Post by Knight »

See you all tomorrow ;)
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Sure.
The one-armed Behemoth is getting ready.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

FGSerbia wrote:For the Mangled Metal and Hardcore it is not so important - we can be a bit flexible, but for the Steamroller I need to know by today as I have to arrange tables etc.
Znas onaj visoki lik sa dogom kosom sto nije Damjan i odaziva se na Nikica -e pa pricali smo u sredu i rakoh ti da za subotu sam siguran :)
Danas it javim za mengld mjetal.
dublerius
Location: novi sad, vojvodina, srbija, balkan, europa, stari svet, zemlja, solarni sistem, mlecni put

Post by dublerius »

i will play with stefans list because he has to study for exam on monday and as for sale we dont know if he will be on the tournament he is in croatia now so dont count on him but maybe he will come :D
burn the infidels in the holy flames of menoth
arborsomniorum

Post by arborsomniorum »

Bolje ti malo boje nauci i prouci tu listu, i da napamet znas sta treba da radis... a ne tu da bacas los engleski... Na nasem cu ti Forumu baciti taktike...
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Just an aside. One of the players thought that proxy models were not allowed tomorrow. This rule is only for the 750 point Hardcore event on Sunday. For tonight and tomorrow proxy models are allowed.
shukaku

Post by shukaku »

Ehm,da li ima neko da mi udeli kartu eyriss za sutra-subota?(posto treba original)
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

1. Cryx
2. Cryx
3. Cryx
arborsomniorum

Post by arborsomniorum »

E ovo je lejm...
FGSerbia

RESULTS

Post by FGSerbia »

Friday - Mangled Metal/Tooth & Claw
1st Nikica (Cryx)
2nd Dawngreeter (Orboros)
3rd/4th Steva (Cygnar), Rick (Cygnar)

Saturday - 500pt Steam Roller
1st Dule (Cryx) - Legendary Champion, Highest Cryx
2nd Nikica (Cryx)
3rd Stef (Cryx) - Legendary Assassin for fastest caster kill
4th Kruna (Cygnar) - Highest Cygnar
5th Momcilo (Menoth) - Highest Menoth
=6th Hvoje (Khador) - Highest Khador
=6th Damjan (Privateers) - Highest Mercenaries
8th Rick (Trollbloods)
9th Dalibor (Orboros)
10th Shunka (Skorne)
11th Gorgej (Khador)
12th Petar (Mercenaries)
13th Miroslav (Everblight)
14th Marko (Khador)

Sunday - 750pts Hardcore
1st Bojan (Khador) - Legendary Strategist
2nd Rick (Trollbloods)
3rd Dule (Cryx)
4th Steva (Cygnar)
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

Evo i mog kratkog izvestaja i utisaka sa turnira od 500 poena:

1. Prva partija Vs Shunka -Skorne (+zooloski vrt): Shunkin slon, naljutivsi se na warlocka koji ga je konstantno bockao u dupe, mu zalepi samarcinu nanevsi mu 11 damage-a. Deda Severius kroz arc node zavrsava nesrecnog skornovskog mucitelja slonova... Pobeda Menotha casterkillom.

2. Partija Vs Resurrection (Nikica)- Cryx (bane/mech thrall spam). Deda -''imolira'' rogatu sisatu zenu i potom je spaljuje, a sve to uspeva zahvaljujuci cinjenici da je star i da moze da vraca poteze kako mu se prohte :wink: . Pobeda Menotha casterkillom

3. Partija Vs Rover (Damjan)-Pirati sa kariba. Deda przi i posipa pepeo, i przi.... i posipa pepeo.... i przi i posipa pepeo i pobija sve gusare sem topa koji je postavljen na granici Batajnice i Zemuna.... Ali posto su upokojeni pirati drzali strateski vazno brdo vise od Menotha dobijaju (2-0, ili 2-1). Pirates win (glupi scenario :evil: :) ). Da dodam da sam odusevljen gusarskom kategorijom pod imenom ''brdska koza'' (ne mogu biti knockdownovani) i cinjenicom da njihove majicice na bretele i oklop od morske soli cine da je 99% armije ''tough''. Oh, Menothe gde smo to pogresili.... :(

4. Partija Vs Dule (Cryx dominator)-Cinjenica da je i Dedin rukovodilac (tj-ja) stariji covek, kao i da je poslednja partija, kao i da protiv Duleta treba maximalna koncentracija, kao i to da sam ja u prvom potezu zaboravio bitnu stvar dovela je da je Deneghra poslala Severiusa kod Krkobabica na oporavak vec u 3. krugu. Cryx wins-casterkill

Sve u svemu 5. mesto za matorca i prijatan turnir, uz napomenu da je vecina armija bila friendly. (nema Vlada, Harbingera,Krugera...). Ocekujem sledeci turnir, a licna zelja mi je da sve figurice svih ucesnika budu ofarbane....
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Bathory wrote:Da dodam da sam odusevljen gusarskom kategorijom pod imenom ''brdska koza'' (ne mogu biti knockdownovani) i cinjenicom da njihove majicice na bretele i oklop od morske soli cine da je 99% armije ''tough''.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Duc d' Elchingen

Post by Duc d' Elchingen »

Bathory wrote: Da dodam da sam odusevljen gusarskom kategorijom pod imenom ''brdska koza'' (ne mogu biti knockdownovani) i cinjenicom da njihove majicice na bretele i oklop od morske soli cine da je 99% armije ''tough''.
Probaj ti konstantno da živiš na brodu i moru. Šibaju te vetrovi, kiša, sunce, ribaj palubu, nosi burad, zadovolji šefa smene...
Mind Uploader

Post by Mind Uploader »

Bathory wrote: Sve u svemu 5. mesto za matorca i prijatan turnir, uz napomenu da je vecina armija bila friendly. (nema Vlada, Harbingera,Krugera...).
Sta ti smeta Vlad na 500 pts? :) :)
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

So, here's my report... Just one warning: this is the tragedy of epic proportions, story about broken dreams and suffering of the innocent, so prepare a box of Kleenex. I was playing Everblight and this was the list:
- Saeryn
- Carnivean
- Angelius
- Seraph
- Rapotrs (4)
- Swamp gobbers

GAME 1: My opponent was playing Khador. During the first turn, Widowmakers, with the help of Signs and Portents spell, kill two of my Raptors. Luckily, the remaining two pass their command checks. In return, my Raptors kill two of the Widowmakers, who fail their command checks. Both armies move toward the center of the board, and the bloodshed is about to begin. This results in carnage on both sides: I destroyed all of the Widowmakers, some of the Iron fang pikemen, Destroyer warjack, Drakhun (both mounted and unmounted) and Eyriss, Mage hunter of Ios. He destroys the Raptors, Carnivean and one of the Goblins. From that moment on, my opponent retreats, and positions in a such a way that my ranged attack cannot kill more than one model. Seraph destroys one member of the Mortar crew. Game is coming to an end and the result is 10:7 for me. It started fine.

GAME 2: This time, Rick and his Trollbloods. I am not pleased with what I see: Champions, KSB, Madrak. Going through that brick will be very hard. To make things worse, he fields those little bastards who dig tunnels, so I also have to worry about them. But, from the very beginning, the dice gods decide to turn their back at me. My rolls are so bad, that I miss EVERY SINGLE attack, no matter what number I needed to get. Finally, I strike one of the Champs, but he passes his tough check and is under the influence of Sure foot spell, so nothing happens. I got my ass kicked all over the board, and suddenly, the enemy caster leaves himself open. Saeryn hits him with her dagger, so he cannot transfer. Angelius hit him for a lot of damage, but he uses talisman. Seraph charges at him and does just enough damage to leave him with two or three wounds, thanks to my abysmally bad rolling. I give up.

GAME 3: The opponent is playing Cygnar, with Dominic Darius as a caster. For some strange reason, I decide not to worry about scenario objectives and go straight for the caster kill. It starts fine, but unfortunately, I realize that his armor value is so high, that I will have hard time hitting him. Of course, in the critical moment, dices fail me again and my opponent wins by taking the scenario objective. He is a nice guy, a good player and his list is very interesting. I'm starting to realize that I'm making more and more mistakes every game. I can't help it - it just happens.

GAME 4: This was the ultimate horror. This is the culmination of every tragedy, where screams and shrieks are echoing through the town and the main characters are knee-deep in tears, half - deaf from constant cries of pain and sorrow and after all bad things that happened to them, they just think about killing themselves. In a horrible way.
So, my opponent plays Circle Orboros. Fine. I've never faced that army before. Because this is my fourth game, my concentration is not so great and my positioning during the first few turns is... very sucky. Same goes for my play style. I'm making even more mistakes. Stupid Raptors fail their command checks and flee from the table. His Cromac attacks my Carnivean and kills him, but that leaves him open for all kinds of bad things. That's it - caster kill served on a silver plate! First, Saeryn hits him with Breath stealer, then hits him three times with her daggers and rolls surprisingly good - she takes out almost half of Cromac's wounds. Angelius moves, decides to use his armor piercing attack, and boosts to hit. He needs 7 on three dice, and he rolls 1,1,4. And than he misses again, in a same way.
Oh dice gods, why do you hate me?
After all this misfortune, I end up 13th. Does this tells you something? It's a sign, I know it.
I realized that if there was competition in lousy dice rolling, I would have probably take the first place. I would break any record. The number of 1's and 2's I got defies statistics, logic and reason.
Anyway, I had a great time. I just love these tournaments. But I think that I'll stop playing lottery and everything that involves luck for a while. Or I'll just have to play with 20 - sided dices (but even then, lousy rolls are possible!).
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I actually felt really bad for you in the game with me. My army just stood around scratching their heads and couldn't believe their luck - a charging Carnivean missing all boosted attacks! A Seraph rolling 1 on strafe and both that shot and the initial shot doing no damage! An Angelius missing a lone Kriel Stone Bearer that was stood on a control point! Charging Weaponmaster Raptors missing everything....! It was good to be a Troll that game.
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Miroslave, vrlo je moguce da sam ti oteo svu dobru karmu kad smo se rukovali pre turnira :)

6 puta sam dobio 6 na Sacrifitial lamb roll (d6 na fokus) i jednom 5icu.
Samo jednom kec :)

Ludi dmg rollovi:
Bane knight na cardzu: 11+6+6+6+5=34 na Repenterovih 19 armora
McThral pod Skarinim fitom na cardzu, kombo strajk: 20+6+6+5 = 37 na Earthborn trollovih 20 armora
Strasne stvari.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Wow!!! Kakav vikend... i u subotu i u ndelju bilo je spektakularno...
Dacu kratak presek partija iz subote :
GAme 1: Protiv naseg gosta iz hrvatske, mislim da se zove Hrvoje. Decko ocito nema iskustva igranja warmachinea, i ima mixed blessing listu, sa Vladom i 2 velika jacka, widowmakerima, mortarom, i statijaznam... widowmakeri i manhuner su pojeli deathrageovanog bile thralla u 2-gom potezu, sa druge strane, yuri je bio heroj ruske nacije jer je trebalo cak 5 bile thrallova da bi umro.. (moji rolovi su bili abismalni). U 3cem krugu Vlad je zagrizao mamac, i pojurio napred da spali pistol wraitha na brdu. Na njego ocaj promasio je, i mislio da je siguran sa blood of kingsom. Onda je isao klasican denny assasin : feat, scourge, parasit bang!bang!bang! mrtav vladimir. Caster kill, turn 3.
onda sam se smarao sat i po, pio guaranu, i kibicovao, sto mi i nije lose doslo...
Game 2: Damjan... Ovo sam mislio da ce biti los i tezak mec za mene, jer fiona ne moze biti knockdownovana, svi koji se drze za jacke isto tako, sigil of nivaara daje +3 a def od magije... Denny je krenula da rastavlja armiju deo po deo, zrtvovao sam pile da bih navukao sea dogse u purge range bileova (sto ih je i pobilo), damjan se zeznuo i lose pozicionirao Ayanu i Holta, koje je sredio venom, zajedno sa kuvarom. Pile je pojelo Bosuna, a hawk je stradala od magije. Poceo sam da vodim na control poenima, i damjan, sada vec videvsi da pocinje da gubi, pokusava caster kill bacanjem fione, ne uspeva i fiona je na poljancetu... ide feat, grasp bang!bang!bang! mrtva fiona, caster kill turn 5, win by scenario...
Game 3 : Rick. Troll brick, sampioni, pigmeji, nosaci kamenja, madrak, impaleri.... king of the hill je u pitanju, i ja igram prvi, sto mi je bilo ekstremno vazno. moji pilici brzo istrce na brdo, denny zauzme pozicije. Celi trolovi krecu napred, ali su kratkonogi i ne mogu do brda. Ja povedem u control poenima. Ide grasp na sampione, deathrage na bilea. U drugom krugu sampioni, i madrak i veliki troll dolaze na brdo. Moj treci krug, ide feat, grasp, 6 bile thrall purgeva, koji su ocistili sampione, a pile boostovanom pitom ubija Madraka. Caster kill, turn 3, win by scenario...
Game 4 : Veliko finale protiv mome... mislio sam da cu imati velikih problema protiv starca severiusa, pretezno zbog ashes to ashes i njegovog feata, da ne spominjem zelote sa isusom. Medjutim, moma je ocit vec bio umoran, i u prvom turnu namestio mi je na venom jednog zealota, leadera zealota, i isusa. Naravno denny ih je onda spalila, i graspovala zealote da ne mogu da rade svoj zli stuff. Njegova konjica ulece u bileove, i sve ih ubije sem 2, zeloti bacaju bombe, ali sada, bez svih tih cool bonusa, nista bitno. Mechanithrallovi pobijaju zealote, a ostatak moje armije ubija jednog konja. Konji bivaju graspovani. Severius se malo zaglupi, izleti malo previse napred da bi doveo svoju engageovanu konjicu u eye of menoth, a za to mora da uchargeuje jednog svog horistu. Ashes to ashes spali 5 mechanithrallova. Denny vidi priliku, jedan Nightwrech ima severiusa u rangeu topa, boostuje to hit i to damage, nanosi 9-10 damagea, denny chargeuje jednog mechanithralla da bi usla u 14 severiusu, feat, i 2 venoma kroz severiusa (gadjao horiste koji su bili u blizini) su ga ubili (ipak je on jedan star covek...). caster kill, turn 3, i moma shvata da vise ne moze da pobedi na scenario, te predaje...
jos jednom, turnir je bio sjajan, imali smo i pristojan procenat ofarbanosti (negde oko 40%), sa 5 potpuno ofrbanih armija (od 14).
Super smo se zezali, ali hardcore u nedelju je bio najbolji dogadjaj, boo and hiss za sve koji su ga propustili.. :-)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Krunkova

Post by Krunkova »

Dakle eto i mene.
Super turnir,sjajno organiziran i vrlo zabavan.Ako nije problem,mozete li ispraviti tipfeler(ime mi je Kruno a ne kruna :D )
Ispalo je bolje za mene nego ocekivano.Uzeo sam najotpornijeg castera(Dariusa) kojeg imam,pa ako nema caster killa za protivnika bit ces valjda ok.
Kratak presek:
1.partija
Circle...hm...ma bila bi u princiu jako interesantna partja da meni nije trebao toliko vremena da se upoznam s unitima koje protivnik ima.On je bio pun razumijevenja,a nakon kratke analiza smo obojica svatili da ima samo par modela koji mogu napraviti caster-kill,sto je bio scenario.Lovili smo se 3 kruga,on me proba flankat,ja se nedam.To nije bila partija "za publiku" ali jako interesantna u smislu psihologije.Tko ce prvi jurnuti,tko ce se prvi otvoriti.
E pa taj prvi sam bio ja,nasao sam nacn da uchardam sa Ironcladom njegevog velikog vucica i dobro ga nalupao...no to je bila greska... :? ....mislio sam da ok ja cu ga malo nalupati,pa ce on ubiti 'jacka pa cu ja uletit s ostatkom ekipe i imat cemo stari dobri balkanski vašar.U toj kombinaciji cu ja imati prednost(zbog feata i to). Zasto je to bila greska? Jer je dosao sudac i reko da ce to biti zadnji krug.
Igra je zavrsila sa time da sam ja ubio dva jahaca vucica(ili kako se zovu) ,a on jednog ironclada. To je zivot. :mrgreen:
Na poslu ovo pisem pa nastavak sledi...
Zivjeli smo u oblacima a onda se razvedrilo
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Krunkova wrote:(ime mi je Kruno a ne kruna :D )
To Rick brljavi sa imenima... Sto mi je cudno, jer on obicno kaze 'Stevo' pa se tek onda ispravi na 'Steva'...
rekurzivno glupilo
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I don't do cases.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

What are cases?
If you conclude that I'm illiterate, you're probably right.
rekurzivno glupilo

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”