The Belgrade Open - Warmachine/Hordes Tournament - Sept 2008

Moderator: Moderators

FGSerbia

The Belgrade Open - Warmachine/Hordes Tournament - Sept 2008

Post by FGSerbia »

Hopefully we've got enough people to have another Warmachine/Hordes tournament. If nothing else it should be a lot of fun.
Details at http://www.fantasygamesserbia.com/ikcarnage.pdf
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Great idea, Rick!
I like it all, 'cept for one thing :
in 350 mangled metal, you allow one solo. This defies the whole idea of warcaster+ warjacks, and in such environment, imagine somebody (if not all), brings Eyriss to the table? Or Alexia Ciannor? Or MOW Drakhun?
the list goes on...
I think that mangled metal should be just that... mangled metal. Apart from that little "hickup", excellent work! Can't wait for september... :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

You can field anything upto 350pts including 1 solo. If you take the Man of War Solo you are losing a warjack. I do expect a lot of Eyriss' and Bokurs just like I expect Alten Ashley to be popular in the Tooth and Claw lists. Alexia will receive no new units so I don't think she'll be that popular in a mangled metal list.
From what I understand this is standard rule though? You just don't want Eyriss knocking out the Iron Liche's focus every round and turning your 6 chickens into elaborate paperweights!!
:P
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

FGSerbia wrote:If you take the Man of War Solo you are losing a warjack.
The Drakhun is much better than any warjack.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

No, you are not...
Butcher
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Drakhun
349 pts.
and, no, it is not a standard rule, Mangled metal format does not include solos. There is , however, another format that it does... it is called 1-1-1-1, and that means that in 350 you can take 1 warcaster, 1 unit , 1 warjack, and one solo. Each unit attachment counts as a solo. Quite fun to start and introduce new players, unlike Mangled metal, where they only see giant robots and warcasters.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Butcher
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Drakhun
Yes but you are only fielding 2 Warjacks. The archetypal list that I've seen is the cygnar starter + a solo

Commander Stryker
Charger
Lancer
Iron Clad
Gun Mage Adept
= 350 points

or the similar menoth equivalent
High Exemplar Kreoss
Crusader
Repenter
Revenger
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon
= 347 points etc

Both of these lists have an arc node, missile attack and a decent solo to go for the caster kill against the butcher who has no ranged weapons.

I can of course change the list but the idea of;
Iron Lich Asphyxious
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Pistol Wraith

versus

Captain E. Dominic Darius
Centurion
Centurion
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios

is very exciting...

but maybe you're right....?
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Yes but you are only fielding 2 Warjacks.
True, but khador generaly cannot field more than 2 warjacks in MM, as they have only heavies. This way, they can field 3 heavies, (drakhun being the third), witch no one else can.
and :
I can of course change the list but the idea of;
Iron Lich Asphyxious
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Deathripper
Pistol Wraith

versus

Captain E. Dominic Darius
Centurion
Centurion
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios

is very exciting...

but maybe you're right....?
No... Darius wins that by a mile... but not because of eyriss (lich can kill little elf whenever he feels like it, and she will have tough time disrupting it with all that nodes to shield him), but because of darius's feat.
however :
Warwitch Deneghra:
Deathripper x 2
Nightwrech
Stalker x 2
skarlock
Ruin his day :twisted: :twisted:

Or :
Goreshade
Deathjack
Nightwrech x 2
Skarlock...

Dunno... maybe the 1-1-1-1 format would be better for this type of tourney, as it shows more balance, and colorful builds. And you cannot go wild on arcnodes :twisted: :twisted:
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

a decent solo to go for the caster kill against the butcher who has no ranged weapons.
Just spotted this...
That would be the day when a solo kills a butcher :lol: :lol: :lol:
And butcher's got a Cannon!!!
A variant :
Butcher :
Destroyer
Berserker
Drakhun

Feel free to swap butcher with vlad,or Irusk, or Destroyer with devastator or kodiak :twisted:
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

1-1-1-1 also seems better to me.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

I had another idea... what about Machine wraiths....?
They are usually crappy solos that could, in 350 MM wreak havoc if allowed

:D :D

Mhm...

Maybe I should have kept this for myself... :cry: :cry:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

The 1-1-1-1 is only OK for Warmachine, for Hordes 1 Warbeast is pooey. I'll drop the solo rule and run them in parallel as intended. And I posted the link on the Privateer Press too :x

(wanders off in a random direction with tail between legs)
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

The 1-1-1-1 is only OK for Warmachine, for Hordes 1 Warbeast is pooey.
yeah, i agree.... i did not realize that it is mixed Metal/tooth event at 350.
(wanders off in a random direction with tail between legs)
*pat on the back*...
Shark

Post by Shark »

sooo... what's mangled metal?
on a side note, you might even see me at that tournament :P
The mark of my divinity shalt scar thy DNA!
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Mangled metal is a tournament format of warmachine, and a counterpart of it in hordes is called tooth and claw. Basically, you have 350 points which you can spend exclusively on Warcaster and his jacks. No troops, no solos.
xclub

Post by xclub »

Mangled metal a ja imam magnusa... Savrseno...
Shark

Post by Shark »

niice, my kinda play :)
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Mangled metal a ja imam magnusa... Savrseno...
[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Pravi izraz je... Mangled metal a ja imam Goreshadea i Denny :twisted: :twisted:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Shark

Mangled Metal/Tooth & Claw are quick fun games where the luck of the dice can make a massive impact. I hope most people will enter but the 500pt steam roller is the main event.

You have 6 months to paint your figures.

PS By that time I will have Seige Brisbane - (half armour vs a defender with AOE boosted shots).
Goreshade the Bastard my ass!! More like Goreshade the Carry Home in an Ashtray.
Last edited by FGSerbia on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shark

Post by Shark »

sounds like i have 6 months to get more figures and look my best at the tournament :)

anyway, what's the catch? is there an entrance fee or what?
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

follow the yellow brick road dorothy
(in this case at http://www.fantasygamesserbia.com/ikcarnage.pdf)
there is an entrance fee but with 13 prizes up for grabs in the main event alone there's all to play for.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

PS By that time I will have Seige Brisbane - (half armour vs a defender with AOE boosted shots).
Goreshade the Bastard my ass!! More like Goreshade the Carry Home in an Ashtray.
*sticks a finger towards a goreshade mini and his card*
Please note two spells on goreshade. One is called Mageblight *khm* and the other cloak of shadows (or cloak of absolute brokennesssss :D :D )

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BTW, Rick, would you please copy your battle report vs Miroslav over on this forum also. I have read it, and it's great!!!! :wink: :wink:
Shark

Post by Shark »

well then, i've got 6 months to get decent at this game :)
count me in, anyways...
joggy
Hronos
Hronos

Post by joggy »

akhm, just one technical note

"Steamroller 2.0 rules" link does not work in you pdf document rick

There is also no way of navigating your way to the rules if you connect to fantasygamesserbia directly

And can someone link me those rules to steamroller 2.0
"Narod u demokratiji ne može da pogreši. Kakva god da je odluka naroda to je odluka Boga." Vulin.
"Potrebno je da vozilo koje vrši transport ima onu ruku napred, da prebacuje... Imaju proizvođači, ja sad ne znam ko su“ Velja.
„Na Beka su pucali amateri, jednom je čak spala kapuljača“ Nesa.
joggy
Hronos
Hronos

Post by joggy »

And there are some rules which I dont like:

- It says that 750pts will be just for Warmachine. Why not for Horde?
- Since it is closed I figure that it will be just 4 players in that category, and there are 4 awards for them
- Most ridiculous is Best painted army award which will be given to someone of that 4 players (since it is closed you're sorta fixing who will get that reward). If someone competing in 500 pts tournament has far better painted figures, why he wont be allowed to grab that prize? My proposal is that you put painting in each category, or that you have separate rules for that (for example: if you wanna compete in best painted army, you must bring 750 pts army for that purpose (even if you're competing in 500 pts battles))
"Narod u demokratiji ne može da pogreši. Kakva god da je odluka naroda to je odluka Boga." Vulin.
"Potrebno je da vozilo koje vrši transport ima onu ruku napred, da prebacuje... Imaju proizvođači, ja sad ne znam ko su“ Velja.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

well then, i've got 6 months to get decent at this game
With the exception of one or two - that goes for all of us!!
And can someone link me those rules to steamroller 2.0
Your wish is my command http://www.gfmailorder.nl/events/Steamr ... 47ccb11e28
And there are some rules which I dont like:
Basically the 750pt tournament is a 4 player photo op with fully painted armies. The players will also be the judges and it will be more of a demo than a tournament. The reason why it's Warmachine only is that it follows the Hardcore rules and that is only open for Warmachine currently. The Steamroller is the main event - but I think you're right, there should be a best painted prize for that event too. But do we have that for the best painted army or model?? A lot of players will be fielding only part painted armies in that one. What do you think?
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

I'm sure I will be placing fully painted army... right now, of all miniatures I bought, only paladin and exemplar are not painted (last 2 I bought)... and if I can do it, then everyone else can, too (if they stop being lazy :!: ).
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Sheet amended to exclude solos and (thanks Joggy!!) now I have to come up with another 2 prizes.
For some reason when I convert to pdf the hyperlink stops working.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Some dodgy programmer did updates and is now waiting for Rick to put them online ;)

Expect results for league and event page updates... soon TM
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
xclub

Post by xclub »

Bez soloa,... Kako cu sada da pobedim (pita se Magnus Mladic u planinama)...

Opet sam sa renegadeima...
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

BTW, Rick, would you please copy your battle report vs Miroslav over on this forum also. I have read it, and it's great!!!!
I'm just the milk of human kindness today :D
http://www.klubzmaj.org.yu/forum/viewto ... 4786#64786
joggy
Hronos
Hronos

Post by joggy »

Yes, thanks for accepting my proposal

And everyone here knows that I can paint incredible number of models in very short time when I have motivation (who sad tournamet :)), so my army will be fully painted by then
Bathory

Post by Bathory »

Because you paint at work, you lucky git!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Resurrection

Re: The Belgrade Open - Warmachine/Hordes Tournament - Sept 2008

Post by Resurrection »

Jel turnir ostaje sa steamroller 2.0 ili ce se promeniti u najnoviju verziju (3.0 beta? 4.0?)
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Po kojim pravilima ce biti turnir (steamroller 3? 4?) i kad ce biti spremni tereni da malo kao vezbamo scenarija?
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Good point well made.
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

FGSerbia wrote:Good point well made.
Go me!
Some kind of more specific answer...?
Knight

Post by Knight »

Sveze informacije: Gotovo je sigurno da cemo jos ovaj put koristiti Steamroller 2, kako ne bi smo rizikovali da ne bude dovoljno potrebnog terena za sve ucesnike. Ovo su naravno samo glasine dok organizatori ne potvrde! :)
Mind Uploader

Post by Mind Uploader »

So...
Kada je turnir na kraju?? Koje su propozicije, sta, gde, ko, kada, kako... Zasto?

I kada stize nova porudzbina, jel' na vreme za turnir?
shukaku

Post by shukaku »

Porudzbina je dosla,samo knjiga legends treba da dodje u septembru pre turnira
FGSerbia

Please note the following amendments to the Belgrade Open

Post by FGSerbia »

[center]IRON KINGDOMS’ CARNAGE
The Belgrade Open 2008
Belgrade 26th – 28th September 2008
Sigil, Pop Lukina 6, 11000 Beograd, Srbije[/center]

Categories

Friday 26th September at 18:00 until 00:00
Entry Fee 100 dinars
350 point Mangled Metal & Tooth Claw Knock-Out Tournament
• Any Faction (incl. Mercs) or Horde
• A Warcaster/Warlock and Warjacks/Warbeasts only
• Assembled Models with Original Cards
Prizes awarded for the following categories;
• Overall winner (Warjack/Warbeast Unit Box)
• Runner-up (Warcaster/Warlock Blister)
Please note; This is a knock-out tournament

Saturday 27th September at 10:00 until 00:00
Entry Fee 300 dinars
500 point Steamroller Tournament (Open)
• Any faction (incl. Mercs) or Horde
• Assembled Models with Original Cards
• Steamroller 2.0 Tournament Rules
• Legendary Champion - Overall Winner
• Runner-up
• 3rd Place
• 4th Place
• Master Craftsman – Best Painted Army
• Legendary Assassin – Fastest Caster Kill
• Highest Finishing Cygnar
• Highest Finishing Menoth
• Highest Finishing Cryx
• Highest Finishing Khador
• Highest Finishing Mercenaries
• Highest Finishing Trollbloods
• Highest Finishing Orboros
• Highest Finishing Skorne
• Highest Finishing Everblight

Sunday 28th September at 16:00 until 22:00
Free Entry
750 point Hardcore Tournament (Open)
• Any Faction or Horde
• Total Annihilation Rules
• 7 minutes per turn
• Assembled Painted Models with Original Cards
No proxy models
• Legendary Strategist - Overall winner

Entry Rules and Conditions

• Entry applicant can only field one entry in each tournament category (therefore there is a maximum of 3 entries per applicant).
• The deadline for entry is Thurday 25th September 2008..
• Players must be available to play all their matches. If they are absent or late they may forfeit that match.
• Players that are ‘borrowing’ models must also be able to field the model at the time of playing. Failure to do so will mean that the player must continue without the model.
• Players must adhere fully to the Steamroller 2.0 format tournament rules. You can submit tournament lists in writing or by email. Each player can only submit a single list. Any contested decisions can be referred to a judge. The judges’ ruling is final.
• Entrants needing accommodation should try to apply as early as possible so we can help with the organization.
• Any questions please email [email protected]

Please note Sigil bears no responsibility for models lost or damaged on its premises and asks entrants to bring only the models they intend to field.

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”