Ideja za scenario - Goreshade's great escape!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Ideja za scenario - Goreshade's great escape!!!

Post by Pendargon »

Right.
I had a terrific session of brainstorming last evening (will do anything not to study :D ), and i came up with something which i believe to be excellent scenario, which we could playtest soon. I will be needing a help from trolls and skorne (Rick, Miroslav, Shunka... I'm looking at you :D :D ).

So, the basic idea is this : Thargosh has finally been persuaded by Goreshade to join forces with the greater Dragon, at least for the time being. Goreshade is now moving, along with his small retinue of warriors, towards the Atremendous (Rengrave's ghost ship), which is waiting him to take the news to the Lord Terminus. The time is of great essence, so that the joint forces of two dragons could coordinate attacks and wreak havoc throughout Immoren. However, Skorne spies have heard the news, and fearing that that would mess with their invasion plans, sent forth a contingent of troops to stop Goreshade reaching Atremendous. At the same time, king Leto of Cygnar, fearing the new founded union, sends massage to his allies Trollblods, demanding that they try to stop Goreshade at all cost. The trollbloods and Skorne armies meet at an appropriate ambush site, several miles from the shore where Atremendous awaits, and decide to cast aside their differences in the face of the greater evil, and to use their numerical superiority to crush this great threat once-and-for-all.

.... Gorehade stood still on top of a rocky cliff, his eyes steadily glowing dark, green flame. He gazed at campfires burning red in the distance, twisting and dancing against the deep black of night.
"It's the Skorne and Trolls, Master..." whispered Tartarus in a coarse voice. "They've got us outnumbered. I would suggest to retreat and try to cross the mountains to the east, and then..."
" Silence!!!!" hissed the eldrich. " I have no time to deal with such trifles... they are maggots, nothing more. I need to deliver this massage quickly, and then, I've got me an appointment with Nyssor... and I will NOT be late..."
Goreshade turned and strolled towards his camp.
"Send a crow to Rengrave, and tell him to be ready to set sail as soon as I'm there. We leave with morning tide..."
Underneath his rusty visor, Tartarus grinned. He could already smell the sweet stench of blood...

OK boys them are the rules :
Skorne army 500 pts
Trollbloods army 500 pts (just please no grim angus)
Cryx army : 750 pts, must include goreshade and tartarus, as well as Rengrave and undead pirates. Rengrave and undead pirates do not start on the table (so basically Goreshade starts with around 600 pts), but for this scenario only they may enter the table since turn 2, per rules of ambushers (like kossite woodsmen), and just like woodsmen, they gain +2 to their attack and damage rolls (because of the surprise). This is to represent the crew of Atremendous coming to aid Goreshade to escape.

Game lenght :
7 turns for goreshade, 6 for defenders (so basically, goreshade stars first, because he needs to, and has the last round to escape).
defenders set up first (goreshade knows where they are, since he saw them last night from a cliff).
No advance deployers
Goreshade gets the first turn

Winning the game :
Goreshade wins if in due time he manages to exit the table on the defenders side
Defenders win if Goreshade dies
Draw if Goreshade is alive but unable to exit (this foils his plans, and he needs to withdraw and consider another strategy)

Obviously, the defenders have the advantage of 250 pts and another wwarlock, but Goreshade gets first turn and deploys last, as well as ambushers. It's tough, but I think it's realistic.

I would also consider writing a battle report, maybe with some pictures if somebody brings a camera, and maybe posting it on PP forums, as a form of promoting our tournament in September.

So, who's' with me????!!!!! 8) 8)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Skorne-Trollblood alliance makes little sence fluffwise.
Basicaly, I'm in, but I'm not that amazed with the scenario.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Skorne-Trollblood alliance makes little sence fluffwise.
i know, but, i devised it in order for more of us to play... it might as well go aginst 1000 pts of trolls or skorne alone, but i don't think that there is a single player with that much points of hordes. And why not, alliance in order to avoid greater evil, it's not that unbelievable... :D :D
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Trollbloods really hate Skorne.

Hmmm...

Maybe someone who read lots of fluff should write up a list of least unlikely alliances.
rekurzivno glupilo
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

But i would imagine that trollbloods REALLY hate the legion, and also, king leto said : "NO MORE THUMPERS IF YOU DO NOT BRING ME GORESHADE'S HEAD", so, they kinda forgot about enmity :-)
I'll admit, i'm not that big on horde's fluff, so, feel free to add to the scenario. I'm there for the thrill of the outnumbered and outgunned warlock breaking through the enemy lines against all odds.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Trollbloods really hate Skorne.
More than Everblight I think. It would be a 3 way battle with all against each other. For teaming up maybe Cygnar/Trollbloods (though the fluff says no) and obviously Mercs with a lot of teams BUT remember the two ultimate enemies are Toruk and Everblight. They totally hate each other!

Cryx may have a better chance of allying with Skorne (a hate everyone theme going through there) and have cygnar & trollbloods or Khador and mercs or even khador/menoth form an uneasy alliance. It may be more feasible when metamorphosis comes out and there is a minion warlock (if there is of course). My Trollbloods will happily eat (er I mean beat) Cryx alone and I'm sure Shunka's Skorne would do the same.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

BUT remember the two ultimate enemies are Toruk and Everblight. They totally hate each other!
Yeah, though right now, Goreshade is babysitting Thargosh, and trying to trick him and steal alaintoc (as far as i get it). So everblight-cryx - not so unbelievable, especially considering goreshade.
Also, it is rumored that new epic Goreshade will be a minion caster for Everblight (like eMagnus is for Skorne).
My Trollbloods will happily eat (er I mean beat) Cryx alone and I'm sure Shunka's Skorne would do the same.
Bold words... :D :D :D But can you or sshunka field 1000??
TheSerbianRaven

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

For teaming up maybe Cygnar/Trollbloods (though the fluff says no)
I thought that Mandrak and Leto were friends for life, ever since Leto saved him from a Tharn ambush?
Besides, blues stick together... ;)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Bold words... But can you or sshunka field 1000??
I can field 1500 pts of Trollbloods at a push but it wouldn't be a great army. At 1000 pts I have a lot of choices.

I am not sure that Goreshade's trip to Everblight was with Toruk's blessing. There are cracks in the cryx unity....
I thought that Mandrak and Leto were friends for life, ever since Leto saved him from a Tharn ambush?
Besides, blues stick together...
Madrak and Prince Leto were good friends but since becoming King he has dumped on the Trollbloods a lot. The last straw was steering the Khador Warjacks through the Thornwood where they massacred Kreils so that they would be delayed in attacking Cygnar cities. In the beginning of Primal Doomshaper and Madrak basically declare an alliance that states that Cygnar are scum and that the Trollbloods stand alone from now on.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

am not sure that Goreshade's trip to Everblight was with Toruk's blessing. There are cracks in the cryx unity....
Weeelllll...yeeaaaah.... but terminus knew about it.... :D :D Can we say that goreshade then rushes back to claim that he has successfully fooled stupid blight into an alliance, and there is an opportunity to crush the lesser dragon?
n the beginning of Primal Doomshaper and Madrak basically declare an alliance that states that Cygnar are scum and that the Trollbloods stand alone from now on.
Ok... then we change that into "well, trolls really hate cryx and everblighrt, and are there to punish the undead who threw rotten tomatoes on their pretty woods and seashore... :D :D
So, does this now seem more in-line? Fancy the scenario?
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

NO GRIM!?!?!?

Ok then...

Army: Trollblood 2 Warlock List
Faction: Trollbloods
Army Points: 988/1000
Victory Points: 34

Grissel Bloodsong
Hoarluk Doomshaper
Dire Troll Mauler
Earthborn Dire Troll
Troll Axer
Troll Axer
Troll Impaler
Troll Impaler
Fell Caller
Krielstone Bearer and Stone Scribes (6)
Thumper Crew
Trollkin Champions
Trollkin Long Riders (4)

And anticipating your line up...

Army: Dule's Deadmen
Faction: Cryx
Army Points: 750/750
Victory Points: 21

Goreshade the Bastard
Deathripper
Deathripper
Defiler
Skarlock
Bane Lord Tartarus
Captain Rengrave
Bane Knights 8
Bane Thralls 8
Bane Thralls 8
Mechanithralls 8
Revenant Crew of the Atramentous 8

It is kind of strange that considering I have 250 more points than you I can only field half the units. Infantrymachine is definitely a lot stronger than Hordes.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Nah, nothing like that. Arcnodes are tough to maintain in the woods, therefore only one. And less banes...

Dule's deadman:

Goreshade
Deathjack
Nightwrech
Skarlock
Banelord tartarus
Captain rengrave
Bane Knights 8
Bane Knights 8
Mechanithralls 8
Revenant crew 8
Gorman di Wulfe

747/750, 23 vp's
:D :D

So, when do you fancy the showdown?
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Can we do next week (Maybe a wed or Thurs) so I can maybe include a unit of scattergunners into the mix? Nothing says 'I love you' like buckshot and I need more missile weapons against those Bane Knights, the 2 axers won't really help me, I'll just keep 1 for the animus.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

scattergunners, ditto. Though i'll have to come back to you on the date, ' cause of the exams. Maybe i'll fit a bloat into the mix, I love the fatty :D :D
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

So next week it's Longriders and Scattergunners?
rekurzivno glupilo
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

This sounds interesting.
I think we should stop worrying about the fluff, and just have fun. My Skorne would gladly team up with anyone. Heck, I have both Skorne and TrollBloods, so I can bring them together!!!
WAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

So next week it's Longriders and Scattergunners?
And don't forget the burrowers.... :oops:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I was reading up on Cryx last night. You're actually playing one of the most widely feared lists out there. I think I will have to come up with some planning - not only how to stop you killing me but on how to actually hurt you.

If anyone wants in I'm fine - I'd like to watch Shunka and Paingiver have a first crack at the Cryx so I can see some of the moves.
I don't think Skorne can stand upto a Cryx infantrymachine army (no Hexeris feat remember), though actually with Xersis, Makeda, Cetrati and lots of Venators it would be interesting. Does the Cyclops animus work on whole units?

I love the fatty
My girlfriend says the same thing :(
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

FGSerbia wrote:
I love the fatty
My girlfriend says the same thing :(
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

I was reading up on Cryx last night. You're actually playing one of the most widely feared lists out there. I think I will have to come up with some planning - not only how to stop you killing me but on how to actually hurt you.
Yeah, i know... Just kick out revenants and add more banes, and you have my serious tournament list for 750. But, therefore I'm giving a 250 pts head start... that's a quarter of my army. It will be tight. Also, remember last time how much banes it took to munch trough only ONE units of champions, and they were under parasite and black oil. Goreshade has no such tricks up his sleeve.
If anyone wants in I'm fine - I'd like to watch Shunka and Paingiver have a first crack at the Cryx so I can see some of the moves.
Maybe we could try that before our mach, maybe this weekend?
Does the Cyclops animus work on whole units?
I believe it says "a model...", but not positive on it.
My girlfriend says the same thing Sad
:lol: :lol: :lol:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

It's the thought of having the Death Jack AND Tartarus to deal with. I actually think I have a plan regarding both but like all plans it requires me determining where and when we clash and therein lies the problem. I will have a long thought on it.

I am playing Miroslav at 12pm on Sunday (return leg league match) and Shunka later (Khador vs Mercs).

I am actually free tonight for a match if anybody wants one. I'd like to give the Mercs another run out (I'm 0 for 2 with them so far).

Rick
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

You don't need to sweat a lot about Tartarus. Think of him somewhat of a bokur without a client. He's really not that tough to handle. In my experience, he usually curses once, or charges once, and then he is toast. Deathjack , however, is a different set of noodles. He's tough and mean. But he is only one model, and the good thing is you are ignoring one of his advantages (being immune to charges from a non-reach -one wound infantry).
Would like to come and play this evening, but i'm really tight on time these days :cry: :cry: . Just remember, ashlyn is a frontline caster, and has great statline. Space out yur steelheads. Remember combined melle attac (you didn't use it against me). remember forefend.
Give bokur to gorman. A well placed black oil can win games. Feint nomad and push him ahead of army. Look for critical with mule. Pray to the dice gods. See... victory :D :D :D
xclub

Post by xclub »

Ne znam da li sam vec rekao ali scenario je potpuno ok...

Rick, what do you have in your merc army...

I have a lot of mercs, and I was wandering maybe to start playing with ashlynn, but I don't have a mule... Is the mule necessary in that army...
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I have a lot of mercs, and I was wandering maybe to start playing with ashlynn, but I don't have a mule... Is the mule necessary in that army...
Not necessary but fun!! It has Critical Devastation which IS as much fun as it sounds. Can really mess up Warcasters and tightly packed formations.

imo Ashlynn is rubbish. She has some good spells but I think she is a good 2nd Warcaster for Cygnar at best. Fully loaded she couldn't have touched Terminus - and I think Khador warcasters would have equally little to fear. I'll still play her - you don't take mercs to win tournaments, you take them to cause upsets. You have Magnus and soon Gorten - they are much better.

OH AND
You don't need to sweat a lot about Tartarus.
Cheers Dule - he's practically another Warcaster when paired with Bane Knights. But I have cunning plans for all of your undead.... maybe, just maybe....
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

imo Ashlynn is rubbish.
I'm still biased... I would like to try her out...
Fully loaded she couldn't have touched Terminus -
A lot of warcasters can't punch through arm 24. That is not uncommon. People will testify that Sorsha has repeatedly hit him for 4 turns and failed to inflict any damage. Very few casters can, actually, put a hurt on big T. Butcher, Vlad, Iron Leach, Magnus, Estryker... well, that's about it, really. Possibly skarre...
he's practically another Warcaster when paired with Bane Knights. But I have cunning plans for all of your undead.... maybe, just maybe....
Then I must be doing something wrong with him, because he is yet to remain alive in my games. He's very low on def (12), 8 dmg boxes with less arm than your champion, and needs to be within 9 inches of enemy to work. To me, He's a one-hit-than-goodbye type of solo. If it bugs you, i can take him out, and substitute him with a bokur, or some pistol wraiths?
. But I have cunning plans for all of your undead.... maybe, just maybe....
Is it as cunning as one devised by a fox who has just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university? :D :D :D
TheSerbianRaven

Pendargon wrote:
Fully loaded she couldn't have touched Terminus -
A lot of warcasters can't punch through arm 24. That is not uncommon. People will testify that Sorsha has repeatedly hit him for 4 turns and failed to inflict any damage. Very few casters can, actually, put a hurt on big T. Butcher, Vlad, Iron Leach, Magnus, Estryker... well, that's about it, really. Possibly skarre...
As long as Siege is there to do his feat, a one-legged gobber could punch out Mr. T. :D
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Actually, no...
Siege's feat only halves armor BEFORE modifications. As Terminus is armor 18, so that would be armor 9 + 6 foc = arm 15. That's like respectable armor of some warcaster without focus camping.
xclub

Post by xclub »

FGSerbia wrote: You have Magnus and soon Gorten - they are much better.
Actually, I have Ashlynn, but I never tried her before....

I think that full power of Mercs is to be explored in legends and so on, but soon I'll have all the mercs so I can be prepared to rock :wink:
TheSerbianRaven

Pendargon wrote:Actually, no...
Siege's feat only halves armor BEFORE modifications. As Terminus is armor 18, so that would be armor 9 + 6 foc = arm 15. That's like respectable armor of some warcaster without focus camping.
Yeah, but then he'll really wish he was on a smaller base. :roll:
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Anybody want to play out this scenario tomorrow early, like 12 ? At sigil? Rick?
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

If needed, Long Riders, Scattergunners and Burrowers arriving on time.
Or, if Paingiver agrees, 1000 points Skorne it is.

Edit:
Though, come to think of it, I need just a little bit for reaching the 1000 point mark myself.
rekurzivno glupilo
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

^It's PainBringer, not PainGiver.

And yes, I agree. I want to play this.
By the way, when are we going tho play this?
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

You and shunka, vs me, tomorrow at 12, at sigil...?
Then you'll give Rick ideas and tips how to punish me when we reenact the scenario :-)
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

PainBringer wrote:^It's PainBringer, not PainGiver.
Oh, sorry! Too much Skorne on my mind lately :)
rekurzivno glupilo
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Miroslav and I have a 12 booked but I don't mind bowing out. Can you set up at the back because from recent experience your game will take over 4 hours and FoW people will take the alcove from 5 pm so we'll need at least 2 other tables free for regular club players. I'll ask Marko to make up some room.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

No probs. We'll set up in the rear. See you tomorrow.
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

Just one more thing: should I bring the Trolls? Or just the Skorne? Or we are playing only Skorne against the Cryx?
I'm afraid that I won't have enough time (I can stay until 15 or 15:30). Maybe it's better to play this next Sunday.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

OK, I'll be standing with a 1000 (or almost) point Skorne army on my own. I'll probably have to borrow a couple of Minions from Rick.

Or we can just do this some other time.
rekurzivno glupilo
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Goreshade se uspesno probio do atremendeusa kroz 1000 poena skorne. I to glavom kroz centar. Kada mi Miroslav posalje slike, napisacu veliki battle report, so stay tuned :-)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

But lets be fair an asmatic bog trog ambusher with a poor sense of direction and a strong suicidal streak could fight past 1000 points of Skorne. When you've done it to Trollbloods then you've done it. And I'm not allowed my best warcaster. Nor any advance deploy units. It matters not. I'll take em.

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”