VASSAL - Warmachine on-line

Moderator: Moderators

FGSerbia

VASSAL - Warmachine on-line

Post by FGSerbia »

Last night I played Vassal for the first time. 750pts Zaal vs eKruegar. And kicked his Druidic ass with Ancestral Guardian to mouth!!!!

It's really good, the latest version has all the icons to represent all the models. You have all the cloud effects, terrain, markers, damage grids etc. I was suprised how good it was and how well thought out it is. Someone really spent a lot of time on it.

It is no where near the same as the real version but as all the models are present it does allow you to build armies and play models you don't own. Anyhow I will probably take my laptop to England and if anyone wants a game in the evening just let me know.
Dzon Vejn

Re: VASSAL - Warmachine on-line

Post by Dzon Vejn »

How did they regulate movement?
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Shark

Post by Shark »

FGSerbia wrote: It is no where near the same as the real version but as all the models are present it does allow you to build armies and play models you don't own. Anyhow I will probably take my laptop to England and if anyone wants a game in the evening just let me know.
Considering i'll be in Novi Sad - totally.

EDIT: Links?
The mark of my divinity shalt scar thy DNA!
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Dzon Vejn wrote:How did they regulate movement?
Very simply. You can drag and drop, which is typical if you simply want to adjust position and it is close by. By using the left and right keys you adjust the facing of your model and by forwards and backwards you advance or retreat (in the case of Djordje) and inch. once you have moved your model, even a millimeter, the model becomes highlighted to show that it has been moved. There is also a ruler than measures in 1/10ths of an inch when measuring distance. As I said before - really well thought out and done. In fact some players could use this rather than buy the models. 8O Hang on..... Moderator delete this topic!!!

The Vassal game engine is located here http://vassalwmh.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=60
and the warmachine model here http://uploading.com/files/GD87T07L/War ... .vmod.html
meloras

Post by meloras »

I tried vassal for wh40k but it didn't work.Too bad...perhaps the mod was broken.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

This really wasn't a walk in the park to get working and it certainly isn't intuitive but once you kind of get the hang of it, it's a great way to have a game. Everything is exact. You can measure your control area. Leave AOE templates down for smoke etc. They even have wreck markers. For someone that's recently become a dad it's a great way to indulge in your hobby whilst being at home with the bambino.
arborsomniorum

Post by arborsomniorum »

Када смо се ми играли Вазала, нису биле све слике урађене. То ми је био највећи проблем, поред оног што можеш да радиш шта год хоћеш, од дирања противникових фигура, а и веома је било компликовано док сам научио све кораке. НИсам се дуго играо, па сам га и загасио. Мада видео сам скоро да су супер одрађене фигуре, и да све постоје. Можда се прикључим, стварно лепо изгледа. Поз свима.
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Hm, I'll have to check it out when I get some free time (especially other modes I'm interested in)...
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

arborsomniorum wrote:..То ми је био највећи проблем, поред оног што можеш да радиш шта год хоћеш, од дирања противникових фигура, а и веома је било компликовано док сам научио све кораке. ...
Za razliku od pravog igranja gde je izmedju igraca force field pa ne mozes ni prici tudjoj figuri?
Kakve to veze ima?

Nema naznake gde se sta nalazi ni kako radi pa moras sam da se zajebajes pogotovo u pokusaju da se zapravo konektujes i odigras neku pariju.
I ne mozes da vidis protivnikove kartice pa moras znati sve ili imati sve knjige ili zapitkivati preko chata sto je umarajuce.
Ali sve je pregledno i lako i precizno merljivo i ne moras da pakujes nista posle partije :)
arborsomniorum

Post by arborsomniorum »

Рес, немам апсолутно ништа против тога, али бих волео да свако може да дира само оно што сам и постави :wink:

Ма сада сте ме наложили, одох да га инсталирам, па ћу се сам са собом "дирати". Уздравље.
Mladizmaj

Post by Mladizmaj »

jel igra neko od nasih preko ovog programa warmachine ili horde ? ja sam se par puta logovao ali ima bas malo ljudi
"You'll bend to my will - with or without your precious sanity."
Album sa mojim hordes figurama
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Upravo gledam (na VASSAL) kako Rik igra Skornu VS Tau (2xtrencheri, 2x longganeri+1UA, 2x cannon, 2x chaingun) Jel treba da kazem koji kaster? :lol:

EDIT: partija je upravo zavrsena (13:00)
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Posto sam trenutno u procesu skidanja modula, engine sam vec instalirao, da ne bih jurio po helpovima - ako moze neki guide kako se pokrece igra i kako nalazis protivnike, to bi bilo odlicno.

edit: igra - ne warmachine, nego generalno. Warmachine verovatno necu ni skidati.

edit2: uh, mislim da cu za 40k ipak morati da procitam manual :D... sacu da probam nesto drugo :D.

edit3: ah divote, sada sam video da ne mogu svi moduli da rade sa svim verzijama vazala... da li je neko spomenuo da, naravno, nigde ne pise koji modul je za koju verziju?
P.S.: Cenio bih ako neko moze da mi izbunari za koju verziju su moduli za 7 ages i age of steam (bitniji)...

Glory to Arstotzka!
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Resurrection wrote:Upravo gledam (na VASSAL) kako Rik igra Skornu VS Tau (2xtrencheri, 2x longganeri+1UA, 2x cannon, 2x chaingun) Jel treba da kazem koji kaster? :lol:

EDIT: partija je upravo zavrsena (13:00)
Man that was a horrible match. Half movement and no charging or running against 22 trenchers, 22 long gunners and 4 weapon crews. And at the end he had the cheek to say he found the game a bit dull. Oh well, a win's a win.
Mladizmaj

Post by Mladizmaj »

igrao sam se malo na vassal-u i primetio sam da u battlebox nivou retko kad izgubim (tacnije nisam izgubio ni jednu) sa boxom legije ali na 350p jednostavno nije moguce pobediti dobru wm listu. Jel to generalno vazi ili samo ja nisam imao srece?
Shark

Post by Shark »

Mozhda zato shto legija ima najbolji battlebox?
Mladizmaj

Post by Mladizmaj »

Moguce ali sve jedno cim zaigram partiju oko 350p protiv warmachina pocnu da mi iskacu jedinice nekih medveda koji su nenormalno dobri i imaju def 17 ili jekova koji imaju armor po 23 i protiv toga jednostavno neznam kako da igram. Stvarno imam utisak da je warmachine mnogo jaci od horde. (partije protiv hordes lista uglavnom dobijam)
Shark

Post by Shark »

Pa Warjack ne mozhe biti jachi od Warbeasta nikako... Mada po novim pravilima su blizhi no ranije, i dalje je Fury sistem >>> Focus sistem.

Prosto, ako te proda kocka sa furyjem, ne morash da nastavish. Ako si dzheku vetj dao dva fokusa i hteo da bustujesh i to hit i damage i promashish, onaj drugi fokus je najverovatnije propao dzhabe :)

Warmachine@VASSAL je i dalje mark 1, right?
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Prva partija i prva pobeda na Vassalu.
Sve je kul kad naucis na kontrole ali malo je zajebano sto ne mozes da procenis udaljenost nikako (mislim na odokativne procene).
Sigurno i to ide vremenom ali za sad se meri kontrola stalno.
Napred Grobljanska Gvozdja!
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Pobedio sam i drugu.
Lik je igrao pMorgula ali rolovi ga nisu isli, a mene je sralo najstrasnije.

Jedan izvadak iz transkripta (tako je manje vise izgledala cela partija:

* JS * 2d6 (1,1)
<JS> - awesome
<JS> - continues the theme
<ResurrectioN> - left
* ResurrectioN * 2d6 (6,6)
<ResurrectioN> - oh it does

<JS> - alrighty
<JS> - checks
<JS> - paingivers then ferox
* JS * 2d6 (1,3)
* JS * 2d6 (1,4)