The 500 point scenerio event
29%
The 3 match masters event
35%

Total votes: 17

FGSerbia

August Event

Post by FGSerbia »

It seems I am going to around Belgrade over the summer so I was wondering if we should run an event in August as practice to the September event? There are a couple options that I'd like to put forward;
-Firstly a simple 500 point caster kill event for new players to try out their armies.
-Secondly a 500 point steamroller event with scenerios so all players can practice for September.
-Thirdly a masters event where players play 3 matches - a 500 pt, 750 pt and 1000 pt match and players cannot use the same warcaster/warlock.

I was going to suggest Sunday, August 9th as a date for this event.
Shark

Re: August Event

Post by Shark »

That simple tournament sounds like something even I might show up for :D
The mark of my divinity shalt scar thy DNA!
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Then vote for it!!
BoltaFodda

Post by BoltaFodda »

Tough choice.

I want to roll out my Ethag real bad, so it's option three... now I have to speed up my painting so that I have enough models to play with.
I myself am a self-proclaimed expert, if I do say so myself.
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Kakvog ce tipa biti taj ivent u Septembru?
Kakvog god da je tipa nek takav bude i ovaj turnir koji treba da bude pripema.
Glasao sam za opciju 2 jer me mrzi da igram kaster kill i mrzi me da igram 1000 poena.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Resurrection wrote:Kakvog ce tipa biti taj ivent u Septembru?
Kakvog god da je tipa nek takav bude i ovaj turnir koji treba da bude pripema.
Glasao sam za opciju 2 jer me mrzi da igram kaster kill i mrzi me da igram 1000 poena.
I am just finishing the final details for the September event. The only problem I have is that my UK supplier has stopped doing the flash steamroller trophies and I'm trying to get them from the US. If I can't get them I need to think of something else sharpish.

I understand that 1000 pts isn't everyone's cup of tea - hence the voting.
BoltaFodda wrote:I want to roll out my Ethag real bad, so it's option three... now I have to speed up my painting so that I have enough models to play with.
Tough choice.
Maybe go for the 500 with a different warlock and unleash eThaggy in September. Remember you can only play him once in the 3 matches.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

no ethaggy's in 500 8)
ImageImageImageImageImage
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

erm MK2 = eThaggy at 15 pts.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

erm MK2 = eThaggy at 15 pts.
Suuuure, but mk2 for hordes ain't out 'till January 2011 8) 8) 8)
And his chicken wing are awfull :lol: :lol:
BoltaFodda

Post by BoltaFodda »

mmm... chicken wings...

I know, I'm just a beginner, and would probably get rolled over in the 500/750/1000 event, but hey, it's ethag in one of them. So my vote is cast.
I myself am a self-proclaimed expert, if I do say so myself.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Well I would like to see some scenarios played during the tournament. It would be nice to see something different.
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Ne bi bilo zgoreg da oni koji glasaju malo i obrazloze svoju odluku.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Tu si, Nikice, u pravu. Zato poll-ovi i nisu idealno resenje za ovakve stvari. Ljudi glasaju i odu.

Elem, ja sam glasao za 500 poena sa scenarijima. 500 poena zarad jednostavnosti, scenariji zato sto je caster kill dojadio. I turniri treba da budu sto raznovrsniji!!!
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

Ja sam glasao za trecu opciju, ali bi najradije igrao 500-750-750 sa tri raizlicita kastera i scenarijima
Izgubio je sve ko nije razumeo da je pobeda bila nesto drugo
http://offgridttgamers.blogspot.rs/
stari blog http://waxerspasttime.wordpress.com/
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

option 3 would also be scenerios. The idea of the 3rd option is like the masters tournament at gencon. See about using 4 warcasters so that you can show that your not all about a single list win.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

750 je OK, kao i menjaje castera (mada bi to moglo da odagna pocetnike), ali ne igra mi se bas 1000 poena na turniru. I to ovom koji bi trebalo da bude mali i opusten.
rekurzivno glupilo
mladjano bugarce

Post by mladjano bugarce »

1000 poena ce ili biti prekinuto u 2 potezu ili ce trajati najmanje 3-4h. I napolju to igraju samo 4 prvoplasirana i to traje ceo dan.(dve partije)

3 partije, 750p.(da bi igrali svi warcasteri+warloci) 10 min. po potezu+10min jednom po partiji(npr. kada igras fit pa ti znaci jos vremena) 3 razlicita carobnjaka, vorloka.
Scenariji isti kao na velikom eventu.
ImageImage
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Whichever we play it'll probably only be a 3 round affair as I'm not expecting big numbers in August because of holidays.
FGSerbia wrote:I understand that 1000 pts isn't everyone's cup of tea - hence the voting.
I know that the 1000 pts could be off putting but some people like larger games. The best games I've ever had are the 1000 point games and maybe this sentiment is shared. I certainly have had only 1 vote so I can't be the only advocate.

The way I look at it - the rules are going to change and a lot of units and models I currently play are no longer going to be viable or as much fun. So this is one of the last opportunities to play 1000 pts I'll have. After that it'll be 50 pts with vanilla sword knights and stormguard and while I think it'll still be good and maybe even better it won't be the same. The actual difference in size after you alter from 750pts to 1000pts is a Warcaster and one heavy jack. Play your 750 pt list and add Goreshade and the Deathjack or eNemo and the Thunderhead or the Old Witch and the Behemoth or Reznik and the Avatar. I also feel that it has a lot to do with the difference between Warmachine and Hordes. A 1000 pt army in Hordes may still only have 3 or so units as for each Warlock 2-3 beasts are necessary.
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

Meni malo 10 min u 750 poena. Sto kaze Sunka, ovo treba da bude opusteno, a ne da se znojimo (realno, za 10 min ne mogu smisleno da pomerim sve svoje pesadince bilo sa Krigerom bilo sa Morvanom). Ako se ogranicava, nek bude 15min.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

2 sata za partiju je dovoljno. Niko nece da ti meri 10 minuta.

Rick, cuo si dovoljno misljenja, odluci se, proglasi turnir, pa da krenemo sa prijavom igraca.
rekurzivno glupilo
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Well to be fair the poll has another 10 days to run.

If we changed option 3 to;
Match 1 500 pts
Match 2 625 pts
Match 3 750 pts
A different Warcaster/Warlock each match - would this appease the moaning masses?
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

Why not 350, 500, 750?
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

That's too much like an Escalation tournament where you use 1 caster for the entire tournament and just add to each list. Whilst that format working really well I thought we could do something different.

Yet again I am losing the will to live.
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

We can always play 350/500/750 with different caster each round. You cannot play the same caster twice. I would like to stick with the "normal" army sizes and change something else.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I honestly and genuinely can't see the difference in playing 600 pts to 500 pts and why anyone would have a preference.
Shunka wrote:Rick, cuo si dovoljno misljenja, odluci se, proglasi turnir, pa da krenemo sa prijavom igraca.
I am struggling to make a decision. I say "this is what we're doing" and no-one shows up (aka 1-1-1-1 tournament), I offer options and an open forum and everyone has a different idea. So the easiest thing to do is just say "phucket, just turn up whenever you want and play whatever you want" which is pretty much a standard Sunday anyway. So let's call it "The tournament with no format and no time constraint and no organisation".
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

500-625-750, 3 W is OK with me.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

fine with me
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Da mnogo ne odugovlacimo, igramo 500-625-750 poena, menjamo warcastera/warlocka izmedju rundi i igramo neke scenarije.
Hajde sada da se napravi spisak prijava.
2. VIII je za nedelju dana, valjda ljudi imaju uvid da li ce moci/hteti da dodju da se igraju.
Turnir ce biti u Sigilu, stoga broj igraca ogranicen.
Takodjer bi mogli da odredimo scenarije koje cemo igrati. Ko zna ista o scenarijima? Dule?
rekurzivno glupilo
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

Oce li se Rik vratiti do 2.08.?
Ja sam ZA (IN) kad-god.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I won't be there but don't let that stop anything. New customer orders arrive on the 3rd though, including Squires.
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

Aj sacekamo Rika (a i Moshara :twisted: ).
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

I'm IN.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Just checked off the new arrivals and Calandra, Mordikaar, Moshar and Abysolonia will all be available to make an appearance at the event if it's on the 8th or 9th.
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

Then PLEASE, let the event take place on 8th-9th!!!!!
I want Calandra.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I know - I'm in 4 minds

Cygnar: Haley, Stryker, eCaine
Menoth: Severius, Reznik, Kreoss
Trollbloods: Madrak, Calandra, eDoomy
Skorne: Mordikaar, Zaal, eMorghoul

So many options so few opportunities to commit carnage.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

I sto se mene tice moze da se igra 9. VIII.

Predlozi za scenarije:

Scenario 1 – Mosh Pit
Description
Mosh Pit is a bitter, disorganized brawl in the center of the battlefield in which the only rule is to stay your ground.
Special Rules
Mark a 14” diameter circle centered on the table. This is the Mosh Pit.
Victory Conditions
Starting on the first player’s third turn, a player wins when he ends his turn in control of the Mosh Pit.
A player controls the Mosh Pit if he has one or more models completely within the Mosh Pit and his opponent has no
models completely in the Mosh Pit. For a unit to control the Mosh Pit, all models in the unit still in play must be
completely in the Mosh Pit. A warrior model must have a CMD greater than 1 to control the Mosh Pit. Ignore wrecked or
inert warjacks, wild warbeast, and fleeing models when checking for control.
If time runs out before one player has won, the player with the most VPs completely in the Mosh Pit Wins.

Scenario 6 – Break the Line
Description
Bold advances are required on this battlefield as each army drives forward to break the enemy line and claim enemy
territories without losing regions formerly under their control.
Special Rules
Divide the table between the deployment zones into six 14” x 16” territories (see map).
A player controls a Territory if he has one or more models completely in the Territory and his opponent has no models in
the Territory. For a unit to control a Territory all models in the unit still in play must be completely in the Territory. A
warrior model must have a CMD greater than 1 to control a Territory. Ignore wrecked or inert warjacks, wild warbeast,
and fleeing models when checking for control.
Victory Conditions
Starting on the first player’s third turn, a player wins when he holds two Territories on his half of the table and one
Territory on his opponent’s half of the table.
If there is no winner when time runs out, the player who controls the most of his opponent’s Territories wins. If both
players control the same number of their opponents’ Territories, then the player who controls the most Territories wins.

Scenario 7 – Process of Elimination
Description
The battlefield is a constant sea of activity. Once one strategic victory is achieved, it must sometimes be left behind to
pursue the next objective.
Special Rules
Divide the battlefield between the deployment zones into four 12” wide Territories running north to south (see map).
A player controls a Territory if he has one or more models completely within the Territory and his opponent has no
models completely in the Territory. For a unit to control a Territory all models in the unit still in play must be completely
in the Territory. A warrior model must have a CMD greater than 1 to control a Territory. Ignore wrecked or inert
warjacks, wild warbeast, and fleeing models when checking for control.
A player scores one Control Point for each Territory he controls at the end of each of his turns. A player cannot score a
Control Point for the same Territory more than once. Control Points cannot be scored during the first round of the game.
Victory Conditions
Starting on the first players third turn, A player wins when he when he has three or more Control Points.
If time runs out before one player has won, the player with the most Control Points wins. If both players have the same
number of control points than the player who currently controls the most Territories wins.

Pri cemu da se igra prvo Process of Elimination, pa Mosh Pit, i na kraju Break the Line.
rekurzivno glupilo
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Don't pre-determine the scenerios. Just roll randomly on the day.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Better to predetermine. That will give players time to test them out, and avoid stupid situations like :" Ooooooh, so THAT'S how this scenario works... but we played it differently now for 4 turns... ummmmm what should we do...?", and : " We are playing a scenario?", and " What scenario?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zekina banda

Post by Zekina banda »

I'm in
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Sta god da bude rad sam igrati.
Navedite koji scenariji ponudjeni pa cemo lako rolati za odabir nekog na pocetku partije ili jednostavno link ka steamroller scenarijima pa citajte i raspravljajte jer meni se kanda vise svidja da su svi u opciji.

Odoh nazad u more, bichiz.

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”