Tiered Lists

Moderator: Moderators

FGSerbia

Tiered Lists

Post by FGSerbia »

Yes that's right Bathory - the MK1 Bastion has opened an MK2 topic 8O

OK, the Retribution book came in last night and I had a little looksy. The thing that interested me the most was the idea of tiered lists. Bojan's opinion (I'm paraphrasing here) is that it is PP's way of making people buy more identical units and thus increase sales (you cynic you [-X) and I have also heard that it is a way for PP to control play and thus enforce balanced lists.

Both of these maybe true and to a lesser or greater extent probably are, but I would say that there is a large part of me that likes this idea quite a lot. The basic reason is that it is fluffly and I like the fluff. When playing larger games I would always pair Stryker, Caine and Brisbane together as they were in Sul and Haley and Nemo together as they fought side by side in the North. Thus it wasn't necessarily the best lists but it felt right (if that makes sense). So I would be interested in making some tiered list tournaments next year (I believe that this is going to be a popular option for the smaller events with many of the pressgangers) and was wondering if players would support that?
Resurrection

Re: Tiered Lists

Post by Resurrection »

Yeah it will balance some things and, likely, imbalance others.
Some lists will always be better specially considering that some casters are already better than pothers and those lists are "caster centered".

We will not know all lists until last faction book is out, which is April(?), so we cant play before that and you don't need to plan 6 moths in advance.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Fail to plan = plan to fail
mladjano bugarce

Post by mladjano bugarce »

I really like tier list but they are not very balanced since some casters have much stronger lists than others. Good thing about them is that on average they are much less powerfull than "normal" lists so they are mainly fluffy lists.
ImageImage

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”