Aleksander - Protoss
Rick - Zerg :twisted:
Dawngreeter - Little Space Monkeys

Drinks and snacks provided.
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

LITTLE SPACE MONKEYS! WHOO! 8)

The ape shall rule supreme! Beware my diminutive simian wrath! :twisted:
Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed? Does it make you happy?
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

GODDAMMIT!!!
Bojan just pulled out of tonight! But given he is the best gamesplayer I have ever faced maybe that's a good thing.
Open call - one more player needed....
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Estimated game time? Can i get the rules in pdf to be prepared?
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
Image Image :badger: :badger: :badger:
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

You've got the rules on the Fantasy Flight site, I'll look it up in a sec. The estimated game time would be, I believe, 3 hours.
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Ok, then, i'm in :D And Rick... Where is your place? :D
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Meet you outside Tramvaj pub (Vokov Spomenik) at 18.45
Cheers,
Rick
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

AND WHAT'S ALL THIS READING THE RULES MALARKI!?!?!

If I'm not the only one reading the rules it seriously narrows down my advantage!!
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Don't worry, we'll be too busy admiring the figurines and lamenting over not having the game. That should give you a big enough advantage :P
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

You've got plenty of games Mr. Greeter!!
Starcraft is officially released next week. There is so much cool stuff coming out for Christmas. Ahh - If only you pagans worshipped the shopping festival that is the 25th of December - but you have to keep that outdated belief that christmas has something to do with religion. We abolished that claptrap years ago. Mmmmm shopping....
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Well, personally, I celebrate Festivus 8)
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

For you Christmas is about shopping? Ok, blonde cheerleader.. i mean shopping mall worhsipper.. i mean Rick :D i'll see you at 18:45.
Rover

Post by Rover »

no, he is true salesman, all salesmen love Christmas, couse everyone like to shop then :D
"I like my women like i like my cannons: Big, Loud and full of fire"
Megabaja
Baja

Post by Megabaja »

no, he is true salesman, all salesmen love Christmas, couse everyone like to shop then
ohooo... looks like we've got a scientific breakthrough here. How did you get that smart? What do you eat?
In case you haven't noticed I'm being sarcastic.
Pamti, pa vrati...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

Pazi, vidi, kockica ima 6 strana, a terminator gine samo na 1... by Chomie
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

To be honest I actually like Christmas as a consumer rather than a salesman. The windows are full of fantastic gifts everyone seems genuinely filled with expectation and thought for others. Christmas in the UK is cool. I'm not saying that I couldn't do with a mad rush of people buying boardgames and rpgs for presents....
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

We only played, what, two turns? The game takes a bit of getting used to, what with a lot of counters and figures and cards and whatnot (though, hey, what else do you expect from a Fantasy Flight "big box" game) but I think if we'd sit down to have a game tomorrow it'd all go very fast. The combat is fun, the gameplay promotes offensive strategy (you literally have no feasible reason to not attack when you can) and the game just simply looks great. Fun in a bucket is what it is.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Although most of us read the rules in advance, this game really requires a lot of rule referencing untill you get the hang of it. The rules are not that complicated, and the combat is one of the more inventive ones i've seen. The figures are awesome, having enough detail that you can even pain them to look like the ones form the computer game if you wish. The map is modular and also encourages the aggressive style of play (considering there will be only twice as much planets as there are players, we had 8 planets, and all the combat was around our homeworlds in the start). This is a game i will surely play whenever i can, especially considering this game is the firs multiplayer boardgame which works well regardless of how many players there are.

My only negative opinion of the game - i expected a little more impressive board. On the artistic side... it's not that impressive. but that's just me, Dawngreeter liked the artistic part of the map design :)
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Well, the planets /could/ have been bigger but, in such a case, I'd be really curious to see a table on which a six player board would fit. It's not that I haven't seen boards bigger than Starcraft's (Arkham Horror with all current expansions is monstrous and I can only imagine how it'll look after Kingsport expansion comes out), but Starcraft is freeform in its board assembly and it could really sprout in all sorts of odd shapes.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

You know, i've been thinking (no pun intended here :P), if you just had a playing surface with a space motive printed on it, it would be nice. The feel is a little strange when you're playing to conquer a planet, and in between your planet and the opponents planet there is a typical kitchen desk texture cloth, if you know what i mean :)
Skobra

Post by Skobra »

You know, plain black table cloth can do a magic.
Sometimes I wonder is it just surplus of money or lack of imagination (no pun intended here :D )
Resurrection

Post by Resurrection »

Bilo na sajmu knjiga svakakvih.
E sad da li ces naci neku musemu s tim dezenom to tesko :)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

No post from Shark? I expected at least one explaining all the mistakes we made with the rules.
The game is a rush. I read a review that said - don't expect Risk or WoW as you have no time to gather your forces - but it's only when you start playing that you really see what they mean. Even a max'ed out defender will be overturned by a semi-prepared attacker - who will then be overturned if they try to hold without expanding. What is weird is that considering the all-out attack approach, the game will easily take three hours for 6 players.
Plus points:
1. As stated the game is full on excitement, you never feel like your waiting for your go as you're constantly being attacked or attacking.
2. The two player game will be just as good as the 6 player - though inevitably shorter. I can see easy expansions for upto 8 players and new units/upgrades etc.
3. It's Starcraft goddamit!! It's just so cool - even without trying to be.
Negative Points:
1. It does have the Risk syndrome that if people gang up on you, you can be crushed easily (point in case my innocent little Zerg minding there own business were ruthlessly hounded by evil Terrans!!).
2. In space no one can hear Dawngreeter scream.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

In space no one can hear Dawngreeter scream.
Oh this is SO going into someones signature.. if i manage to convince myself to remove the pictures i have in there :D
Shark

Post by Shark »

oh, don't worry about that, i'll post complete details once i have some free time :)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Up for another game sumtime?
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

And don't even think of using college as an excuse for not wanting to play. I've been there. I've seen the slack. :P
Lord

Post by Lord »

Any chance of me joining in?
Boca can vouch for me :D
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

I'm up for another play, and i'll vouch for Lord, he's a serious and good player :D So anytime ppl, just give me a holler (although i do work late now, but i think i can manage around that somehow :D)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Well it's kinda upto Shark as it's his game.
(hint hint)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

and i'll vouch for Lord, he's a serious and good player
By the way for future reference "He always jokes around and doesn't know his left from right" is a much better recommendation in my book. :roll:
Megabaja
Baja

Post by Megabaja »

...think i can manage around that somehow...
Boco, people that saw you even once, know the fact that you cannot possibly go 'around' anything, with your weight, only through... :D
Pamti, pa vrati...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

Pazi, vidi, kockica ima 6 strana, a terminator gine samo na 1... by Chomie
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

FGSerbia wrote:
and i'll vouch for Lord, he's a serious and good player
By the way for future reference "He always jokes around and doesn't know his left from right" is a much better recommendation in my book. :roll:
Well, if i said that he was a power hungry munchkin i don;t think you would let him play :D

As for around and through parts, Megabajo, remember, i can still ROLL around if i cant go around :D
Lord

Post by Lord »

Hey! I ain't a munchkin! :P
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

lord wrote:Hey! I ain't a munchkin! :P
A-Ha! Then you admit you are a power player! :D A perfect candidate for starcraft.. so.. ppl.. when are we gonna play again?
Shark

Post by Shark »

how about next friday/saturday? around 23rd, 24th?

i glued all the broken pieces together, and i can say that it almost had a "tactical" feel to it... in any case, the battlecruisers got the most grief, but they're all ok now :) except for one though, that one was my masterpiece (there was no way you could tell it was broken) but it kinda fell down and broke into three pieces (!!!) ... so i glued it again, only to have it broken AGAIN (four pieces this time, gee, thanks mom x2) so it's stand is kinda shorter now...

in any case, the game is all set to be played :) you just name the time and the place...
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

I'm afraid I'd only be able to make it on Friday. Saturday is my Arkham Horror day and I hope we'll do Scion on Sunday...
Shark

Post by Shark »

well then, next Friday it is... hope you don't get owned like the last time though :) j/k

btw, did you try out the Fanmade rules for the Arkham Horror campaigning? they're kinda nice... i think i have them somewhere on my email....

they got boring for me half way through though... it's basically playing the game over and over again, with each itteration being harder than the last one (if you don't spend "money" to make it easier) and slightly different than the last one...
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

That sounds interesting, in that "we've done the game kazillion times already and are desperate for at least wee bit of variation" way. I'll pitch the idea to my group this weekend. Though we still didn't actually play the game with all three expansions. We did Dunwich twice and will probably include Curse of the Dark Pharaoh next. And I bet that by the time we're bored with all three, Kingsport Horror will be out.

Anywho. I'll be doing pushups every day, just to be prepared to kick your butt in Starcraft, junior :P
Shark

Post by Shark »

you mean kick my butt after my marines pwn your troops? :)

EDIT: as for Arkham Horror - it is kinda fun NOT to reshuffle all the cards once a game is done, and play the next game with what's left.... seriously, there are SOO many Mythos cards that that's like the only way to see them all in play...

Return to “Ostale igre & Razno”