40K RPG

Moderator: Moderators

Kirgan
Ser

40K RPG

Post by Kirgan »

Za sve ljubitelje istog http://www.blackindustries.com/default. ... e=dh-press

Dan Sivils Reports: I got a hold of a Press pack for Black Industries which had a CD of Image assets and other information from Black Industries. It also contained a FAQ sheet of sorts on the new Warhammer 40K RPG. Included is also an official blurb about the DC Roleplaying game. In addition, here is a picture of the official logo and

character image. Below are the details of that FAQ:

WARHAMMER 40,000 ROLEPLAY
FAQ & Background information

Overall title
Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay
(It is not called Warhammer 40,000 the Roleplaying Game, The Warhammer 40000 Roleplaying Game, 40K Roleplay, etc)

Abbreviation
40KRP

Component games
Dark Heresy
Rogue Trader (title tbc)
Deathwatch (title tbc)

Release dates
We're intending there being eighteen months between each system release, thus:
Dark Heresy - March 2007
Rogue Trader - September 2008 (GenCon premiere)
Death Watch - Spring 2009 (GTS premiere)
(Important: last two dates are distinctly tentative)

Dark Heresy Beginning system.
Key theme - Investigation
Players are part of an inquisitor's retinue rooting out corruption (bad humans), heresy (Chaos taint) and alien threats. Psykers, military men, interrogators and other trainee inquisitors, etc. Think Traveller meets Call of Cthulhu - and like the latter if the team really do turn up the Chaos heresy they've been seeking, they're in real trouble.

Rogue Trader Intermediate system.
Key theme - Exploration
Players are Rogue Traders and their retinue training and double-dealing between the stars. Navigator houses and astropaths. Explorator teams seeking out new or forgotten worlds. Bandits, pirates and treasure hunters. Dark eldar renegades; ork freebooters; kroot mercenaries.

Deathwatch Advanced system
Key theme - Devastation
Players are Space Marines from the Astartes on secondment to the Deathwatch or Grey Knights, formed in small, high power bands rooting out heresy and free to roam far from battlefields (unlike regular Space Marines). Our superhero game - these guys are seriously powerful, and will require skilful players.

Game system
Developed from the framework of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay - if you play that, you'll find the concepts similar and many mechanics still in place.

All three games will be 100% compatible, offering new and increasingly advanced rules as each new game appears.

Support products
A complete range, releasing in similar frequency and formats to the WFRP range. High quality, often full colour.
•Area sourcebooks
•Advanced rules sourcebooks (eg psykers, starship combat)
•Campaigns and adventures
•GM and player accessories

Authors
As with WFRP, the game is being developed and packaged for BI by Green Ronin, the award winning Seattle-based rpg company. Founders Nicole Lindroos and Chris Pramas are industry veterans with an enviable track record in successful games companies including Wizards of the Coast. :twisted:
Josef Quartjin (Enemy Within):

"Zbogom Wittgendorf-e na k...c te nabijem" Sommerzeit 13. 2512.
Kirgan
Ser

Post by Kirgan »

Jedva cekam da ga igram a posle toga cu podeliti svoje utiske sa svima :twisted:
Josef Quartjin (Enemy Within):

"Zbogom Wittgendorf-e na k...c te nabijem" Sommerzeit 13. 2512.
IG
Bot

Post by IG »

:) cool
FGSerbia

W40K Delayed

Post by FGSerbia »

Just to let you know - W40K rpg has been put back to February 08 by the Black Library. They're doing a big re-release in October of Talisman the boardgame.

Cheers,
Rick
FGSerbia

For those that are still interested

Post by FGSerbia »

Found this on-line - if anyone is interested...

http://www.blackindustries.com/?templat ... sh-booklet
Megabaja
Baja

Post by Megabaja »

Can't wait 'till February... drooool.
Pamti, pa vrati...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

Pazi, vidi, kockica ima 6 strana, a terminator gine samo na 1... by Chomie
Shark

Post by Shark »

beware the alien, the mutant, the heretic :)
FGSerbia

What the......?

Post by FGSerbia »

To Clarify - I am writing this as a concerned citizen - not a retailer!!!!

The UK price of Dark Heresy is £35 - Ouch!!!!
That's £10 more expensive than WFRP! And translates to over 4000 din. I really think this is too high for an RPG system which is undoubtedly going to have a number of supplements following it. I know BL stick really good colour artwork in their books but come on - it's like they're handing the race over to D&D 4Ed.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Ouch indeed... im hoping there will be some discount or something like that. Or... i'll organise another w40k tournament, collect entry fees form the participants, say that the first prise is the 40krpg rulebook, enter the competition under the excuse that i'm the "reserve" player and that they need one, win using any means possible, and get the book :D
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
Image Image :badger: :badger: :badger:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

mmmm... kinda sounds like a lot of work.
Couldn't just you just download it from the internet like everyone else?
Not that I am advocating that of course.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Well, you see, i use .pdf files only if the books are out of print or unable to obtain. Its' dificult to read off the screen, and i think that they would kill me at work if i print out that many pages :D
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

then a tournment it is.
Where are you going to find the suckers.... er I mean other players?
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Erhm... well.. just hop here:
http://www.klubzmaj.org.yu/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
And grab a serbian dectionary and start reading. As you will see, the suc.. i mean players are easily obtained :D
ZergLord

Post by ZergLord »

You know, we're watching you... :)
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

excuse that i'm the "reserve" player and that they need one, win using any means possible, and get the book Very Happy
Seeeeee... I'm having a slight problem with that. So, if you're planning to win that tourney, I strongly suggest getting me drunk or beaten up. And since I'm bigger than you, please do mind that I drink Stella 8) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Dusan Kosanovic, stop pretending, we all know that he just needs to buy you a beer. Every man has his price...
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Knight

Post by Knight »

Having in mind how much Beer it would take I think ti would be cheaper to purchase the book! :)
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Pendargon wrote:... And since I'm bigger than you...
BWAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha :lol: Yeah right :) with your bed maybe :D

Ok, now some seriousness - i sad that if i really want the book that bad i'll organize a NEW tournament :D This one is going on withouth any evil plots behind

(Damn, they've seen through my cover, gotta stop thinking using my keyboard.. wait.. DAMN! I did it again! stupid keyboard!)
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Please observe :
stop pretending, we all know that he just needs to buy you a beer.
And I said :
mind that I drink Stella
See, everybody knows me... :D :D :D
ZergLord

Post by ZergLord »

Hypodermic wrote:(Damn, they've seen through my cover, gotta stop thinking using my keyboard.. wait.. DAMN! I did it again! stupid keyboard!)
And I thought you think by using your brain. :D
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I still fuzzy with the idea of how an rpg tournament works. I know that they exist but I kinda think they go against the essence of rpg-ing. Unless you're playing Paranoia and then anything goes.

Can you imagine after all the YEARS of hype, if it turns out to be a bad version of Rifts.... 8O
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Wait wait.. first i said a wargame tournament, not an rpg tournament.

And rpg tournaments are way cool and easy to organize but almost impossible to hold once you organise them. Any system can do, all you need is a story with highly defined parts in it which players need to solve (each part scoring a certain amount of points), and each aspect of their character also neatly defined so that they know what to roleplay and on what to be scored. It's much easier for me to explain this to you in person, so the next time we meet, please remind me about it, ok?
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

I still fuzzy with the idea of how an rpg tournament works. I know that they exist but I kinda think they go against the essence of rpg-ing. Unless you're playing Paranoia and then anything goes.
I'm with you on that, Rick. It usually goes like this : " Kill the goblin, kill the goblin, kill funny-looking monster, Look! A key!, open chest, find clue, go right, kill goblin, kill goblin, gaze at funny looking door, fall into pit, kill mud monsters, kill goblin, swim a little in the dark, kill goblin, oh look, a shiny cup!. We win!!!"
I generally try to avoid it... :wink: :wink:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

" Kill the goblin, kill the goblin, kill funny-looking monster, Look! A key!, open chest, find clue, go right, kill goblin, kill goblin, gaze at funny looking door, fall into pit, kill mud monsters, kill goblin, swim a little in the dark, kill goblin, oh look, a shiny cup!. We win!!!"
Come on Dusan - Don't spoil D&D 4ed for the young 'uns.

I'm sure if it was W40K tournament it would be more like "Kill the space ork, kill funny-looking alien, Look! A time-space partical disruptor!, open the cross dimensional gateway, find a clue, go right, kill the space ork, gaze at space anomaly, fall into black hole, kill the black hole monsters, kill the space ork, float a little in the dark, kill the goblin (there always has to be at least 1 goblin), oh look, a light refracting crystal!. We win!!!"
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Couple of weeks ago I read in the Zmajev Glasnik the Call of Cthulhu campaign written for a tournament in Zmaj. I liked it quite a bit. Obvious source of inspiration for the campaign Beta and the others are planing for us...

I remember that Dawngreeter, arguing with IG, once said that RPG tournaments in Zmaj were great, although he also opposes the concept.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

That's sounds like Dawngreeter.
(Wipe's a tear of regret from the corner of his eye) :(
Awakened

Post by Awakened »

Now now people.

RPG tournament = good times.

And as far as I remember the two I was at, there was little to no combat(except where Kirgan was involved of course 8) )
Shark

Post by Shark »

i thought DnD tournaments are somewhat of a miniature game... a colliseum if you like :)

EDIT: on-topic, i'd also like to play this thing... the IG Priests are just plain awesome... :P
Awakened

Post by Awakened »

Well, an RPG "tournament" is an adventure (module) meant to be played once. Each player gets a pre-made character with some roleplaying notes. During play, the module is split into scenes, and GM has a scoring sheet for some general actions that players may make during the scene. Also, each player's roleplaying performance is graded by the GM. Due to very subjective scoring method its not a real competition, but more of a fun way to get some games, and see how some other people approach the RPG hobby.
Changeling

Post by Changeling »

Hmm, and forgive the off-topicness, but what's going on with
Dawngreeter?

Is he anywhere to be found?
I should like to see the last king
strangled with the guts of the last priest.
Shark

Post by Shark »

Awakened wrote:Well, an RPG "tournament" is an adventure (module) meant to be played once. Each player gets a pre-made character with some roleplaying notes. During play, the module is split into scenes, and GM has a scoring sheet for some general actions that players may make during the scene. Also, each player's roleplaying performance is graded by the GM. Due to very subjective scoring method its not a real competition, but more of a fun way to get some games, and see how some other people approach the RPG hobby.
oh... i thought it was more on the "skirmish/deathmatch" side... oh well :)

in any case - i want to play w40k rpg as an IG Priest :P or any guy wielding a chainsword and a bible (or the equivalent) :)
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Hmm, and forgive the off-topicness, but what's going on with
Dawngreeter?
I believe there was a difference in artist opinion between himself and several others on this forum and he has left the etage, so to speak.
Rat with a tool

Post by Rat with a tool »

Yeah, sadly I think he won't be coming back...ever. The World of Darkness is gonna die :cry:
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Yeah, sadly I think he won't be coming back...ever.
Never say never... He already eloped from this forum once or twice, but he always came back, usually with a bang :wink: :wink: :wink:
bojan
WH rulesmaster

Post by bojan »

Rat with a tool wrote:...The World of Darkness is gonna die :cry:
Allah is merciful... :lol:
CYNIC, n.
A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Magi

Post by Magi »

bojan wrote:
Rat with a tool wrote:...The World of Darkness is gonna die :cry:
Allah is merciful... :lol:
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Rat with a tool

Post by Rat with a tool »

:-({|=
Go paint your minis, NooBz!

:lol:
lord warrior
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by lord warrior »

Sedmodnevni ban zbog upotrebe l33t-a.
Deception is a Right · Truth is a Privilege · Innocence is a Luxury
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

There is a rumour going round that W40KPRG will arrive in Belgrade on Saturday 2nd Feb.
I can't remember who told me, but he also mentioned something about an annoucement in a newsletter that's coming out tomorrow/Monday. Good looking foreign chap he was, but his name escapes me.
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Is there also a rumor on a discount? ^_^ :D

Return to “FRP/RPG”