Indie Games 2

Moderator: Moderators

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

I would use the 'deadlol' emoticon if this forum had one... Don't worry, we're still under the same flag, I just betrayed you a little :lol:
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry to barge in like this, but...
I even started selecting treasure randomly, it's pretty fun
the next step is , you do realise, SRP, the famed metasystem, where dice is the least random part of play...
:lol: :lol:
Beware....
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Pendargon wrote:SRP [...] where dice is the least random part of play
I smell a new tagline in there somewhere :lol:
Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed? Does it make you happy?
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Well, I did start doing it as a SRP pun, but it's so damn retarded I didn't want to stop. Man, that game can ruin a story in so many ways...
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Yeah, yeah... excuses, excuses... Tell it to the Judge.
It has taken over your brain, man, you gotta snap out of it!!!! Otherwise, you'll end up like a certain person, posting pictures of your naked country fun with odd friends...
*SLAP*
Get a grip!!!
*SLAP*
8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Better...
*SLAP!*
Safe...
*SLAP!*
Than...
*SLAP!*
Sorry...
*SLAP!*
*SLAP!*
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

I am experimenting with using SRP as a supplement for my Beastemn themed FRP. So far it has served us well as a tool for generating ludicurous names (and for some reason every player deciced to name every item he owns) - we roll a couple of times on the name table for dwarven, elven or dark language - and then choose between the word and it's supposed meaning, depending on which sounds more fun. So one of the PC's is named 'Preljepa Prevara Horde'.

I'll probably try to use the plot generation table again. In theory, that's a terrific concept for the sort of game I'm trying to make.
Dawngreeter wrote:ima i toga
rekurzivno glupilo
90% svega je sranje, a to ukljucuje i preostalih 10%
Rat with a tool

Post by Rat with a tool »

I wonder how Gulan is feeling while reading all of this... :roll:
Megabaja
Baja

Post by Megabaja »

confused... his english is not so good.
Pamti, pa vrati...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

Pazi, vidi, kockica ima 6 strana, a terminator gine samo na 1... by Chomie
Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Shunka wrote:I am experimenting with using SRP as a supplement for my Beastemn themed FRP....
Beastemn? This is inspired by my typos or it's your typo? :D

You know, there is a possible good use for SRP - you can use it as a quick bedtime story generator when you're out of ideas and your kid is begging for a story :D
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
Image Image :badger: :badger: :badger:
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Hypodermic wrote:Beastemn? This is inspired by my typos or it's your typo? :D
Nowadays I always say Beastemn/Beastemnak. Your typo has even spread to other areas of my oral language, so I also say 'frizerak', for example.

As for Gulan, I think he would be very proud to see us talking about SRP and finding innovative uses for it.
rekurzivno glupilo
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

So, D&D aside, who's playing what at the moment?
Has that long awaited Scion game started yet DG?
What happened to the Hollow Earth Campaign?
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

Scion has started, though we skipped last weekend due to some obligations in regards to my graduation thesis. I fully expect the chronicle to continue this weekend.

I'm also itching to try out Burning Wheel and/or Dread ASAP, though it's gonna be difficult to do so before I actually finish reading the books in their entirety.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hollow Earth campaign failed to hold its ground before oblivion. Seriously, there's no way I'm starting anything before I finish some of these campaigns I'm playing first. There is no time whatsoever. None.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I'm also itching to try out Burning Wheel and/or Dread ASAP, though it's gonna be difficult to do so before I actually finish reading the books in their entirety.
I've ran entire campaigns have never read the system I was playing. I always find that rules get in the way of a good story.
Hollow Earth campaign failed to hold its ground before oblivion. Seriously, there's no way I'm starting anything before I finish some of these campaigns I'm playing first. There is no time whatsoever. None.
You're playing D&D right? A great way to get out of a D&D campaign is to look the GM in the eye and say "This is sh*t, can't we something decent instead?" Guarenteed to end a campaign and will probably help shrug off those troublesome DnDer's you seem to be hanging around with too! \:D/
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Before any moderator deletes my post I would like to point out that I have a very rare condition called "D&D tourette's syndrome". About one in 300 rpg fans have it, unless of course they've actually played another rpg system other than D&D and then the ratio goes upto about 99 in 100 players with the syndrome.
:-#

Nikola, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry - I know you genuinely like the system - I know I'm mocking - but it's only a gentle little mocking.....
Shark

Post by Shark »

c'mon, a good DM knows how to bend the rules so that everyone has a good time :P
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

I hear Nikola is even running the D&D thing. Which is why he's henceforth labeled "Dead to Me" and shall receive no less than five smacks upside his head when next he's in close proximity to myself.
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

FGSerbia wrote:So, D&D aside, who's playing what at the moment?
Well, my friends and I quit playing D&D several months ago. To be honest, we all love D&D, but we also wanted to play something completely different... and better. So, I'm now starting Warhammer FRP campaign. We have played several introductory adventures, so everyone can learn the basics - and people really like the system. This campaign should be something really special - I want to try some new things, and I think that players will enjoy it (campaign).
Right now, WHFRP seems like the ultimate solution for my group.

Miroslav
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

On the subject matter of D&D:

I'm mad as hell and I ain't gonna take it anymore! Or, in non-Patty Chayefsky written words, I'm not playing anything similar ever again. Running is even more out of the question. But I plan to finish what I started. I'm not going to let the system beat me :lol:
PainBringer

Post by PainBringer »

Just for the record, I think that people can have great fun with D&D. I think that good DM can come up with something cool and keep people interested all night - and sometimes, it doesn't matter which system you use. You can always make house rules, you can improve what you think is bad, and you can add what's missing. Based on what i have learned, the hardest thing is to give all players what they want (and each one of them wants something different). So, you have to know your players.
Yes, I admit: D&D is bad. It has many flaws, but i think you can still have fun with it. I think there's one more problem - how people see and use this system. A lot of people I know play typical heroic quest / explore the dungeon/ hack & slash games. Unimaginative, generic crap. Yes, exploring dungeons and slaying thousands of monsters is the core of D&D - but who says it's the only thing you can do?
On the other hand, there are things that cannot be fixed. And there will always be people who enjoy running around with their "two - handed vorpal sword of total carnage +10".
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

PainBringer wrote:Yes, I admit: D&D is bad. It has many flaws, but i think you can still have fun with it.
Well, I can also have fun with an empty vodka bottle, half a bucket of sand and a box of matches. But this is more a testament to my warped mind than the amusement factor of these assorted items.
Shunka
Jožin z bažin

Post by Shunka »

Dawngreeter wrote:Well, I can also have fun with an empty vodka bottle, half a bucket of sand and a box of matches.
Could you elaborate on that?
Some empty vodka bottles are expected to appear at Starac's club tommorow night, so maybe we could find a use for them?
rekurzivno glupilo
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

That'd be telling, though. :D

And anyway, you'd still be lacking half a bucket of sand and a box of matches.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja

Post by Pendargon »

Methinks, Dawny, that you are seriously underestimating the abundance of obscure stuff that cn be found in the forlorn corners of the Old man's club... :lol: :lol: 8)
Ko, jel' ja?

Post by Ko, jel' ja? »

Bilo bi lepo kad bi se u jednom trenutku zapravo vratili na temu :wink:
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Did you know that it is quite legal to shoot D&D players in the UK?
I was out hunting with a couple of friends and we laid out a copy of Magic Item Compendium and some Snickers bars and laid in wait. Sure enough within 20 mins we had bagged ourselves a whole nest of them.
Anyway I was selling the corpses (payment for public service) and instead of a healthy big cheque I actually got fined £3000!! So a warning for any of you that go to the UK for the D&D Hunting Season - you're allowed to hunt them but you can't bait them.
Shark

Post by Shark »

Dawngreeter wrote:
PainBringer wrote:Yes, I admit: D&D is bad. It has many flaws, but i think you can still have fun with it.
Well, I can also have fun with an empty vodka bottle, half a bucket of sand and a box of matches. But this is more a testament to my warped mind than the amusement factor of these assorted items.
and that differs from D&D.... umm, how exactly?
Dawngreeter

Post by Dawngreeter »

I don't think D&D can cause horrible, gruesome death if things go wrong. I mean, it does cause brain death but that's slightly better.

Return to “FRP/RPG”