Black Industries se gasi do septembra 2008!

Moderator: Moderators

CirKhan

Black Industries se gasi do septembra 2008!

Post by CirKhan »

Danas se sledece saopstenje pojavilo na sajtu blackindustries.com :

>>28/January/2008 - Black Industries Announcement
Black Industries regret to announce that Dark Heresy: Disciples of the Dark Gods out in September will be the final product to be released from Black Industries.

Kevin Rountree General Manager of BL Publishing said ‘As a result of the continued and impressive success of our core novels business, which we have built around 40K and Warhammer, we have decided to focus all of our efforts on growing this part of our business. Black Industries has seen fantastic success, most recently with Talisman and Dark Heresy. This change does not take away from that achievement rather it allows BL Publishing to focus on producing the best novels we can. This is a purely commercial decision and will enable us to carry on the huge growth that we have recently been experiencing with our novels’

For the time being Black Industries will continue to post articles in support of the products on their official website, which is a fantastic resource for scenarios and gaming tools for GM’s and players alike.<<

Nije mi jasno koji retardi sede u upravnom odboru Black Library publishing-a ali ova odluka ocigledno nema apsolutno nikakve veze sa znacajnim komercijalnim uspehom dosadasnjih izdanja Black Industries-a obzirom da dosadasnja prodaja Warhammer Fantasy-a tako i ceo hype oko izlaska Dark Heresy ciji je CEO tiraz rasprodat vec u preorderu nepotkrepljuju ovakav potez.
Doduse nije ovo prvi put da GW davi svoje cedo.Setimo se sudbine 1.edicije WHFRPa kojeg se GW odrekao 1989. kada je bio u punom poletu da bi se jos vise usredsredio na stancovanje figurica.
Iz svega ovog mogu samo da izvucem zakljucak da na celu GWa sede ljudi koji nisu fanovi svojih settinga a da ironija bude gora ,nisu ni dobri biznismeni.Velika steta.
Star Trek, Star Wars, and basically every other science fiction series uses hyperspace. 40K, however, uses the Warp, which is the gay pink-purple alternate-reality that explains both interstellar travel and why there are ugly demons running around in sci-fi land. Comparing the two, hyperspace is like DSL, while the Warp is like trying to connect to the internet on dial-up with a frayed wire in the small town of Atalaxupalpatinowahasibixo, Mexico.

Hypodermic
Blago kluba Zmaj

Post by Hypodermic »

Damn reset mi pojeo predhodni post...
Elem, izgleda u GW-u funkcionisu po principu da ne zna leva ruka sta radi desna. Ovako nesto je potpuno nelogicno, barem nama potrosacima.

Pitam se kada ce da krenu (ponovo) da gase frakcije u wargame-u...
Pendargon wrote:...po toj logici, mogao bih da isecem lepih 10 kockastih komada stiropora, na devet zalepim bolter i bolt pistolj, i granate, i mali nozic, jednom zalepim powerfist da viri, a na jednog zakacim lasscannon, i imam savrsenu jedinicu chaos space marinaca....
Image Image :badger: :badger: :badger:
Shark

Post by Shark »

mislish kao na Squatse, tj Dwarfove?

stvarno tje da bude bedak ovo shto ga gase... vetj vidim da tju core pokupiti iz knjige a ostalo napraviti kako se meni tjefne...

EDIT: ili nastaviti sa svojim W40k-like DnD settingom... ma kolko to glupavo zvuchalo... :)
Dzon Vejn

Post by Dzon Vejn »

Ja vidim smisao ove odluke, mada je odluka i dalje bizarna...

Naime, svi njihovi FRP-ovi koje sam igrao, a igrao sam dosta toga za WHFRP 1 i 2, su bili JAKO dobro uradjeni. Shadows over Bogenhaffen je verovatno najbolja knjiga za FRP napisana ikada (barem po mom misljenju).

Da bi napravili takvu knjigu, potrebno je uloziti jako puno sati u pisanje, zatim testiranje, zatim re-pisanje, re-testiranje,......

Ajde sad caskom da pogledamo te njihove novele. Za pisanje onakve knjige potrebno je prakticno 0 truda. "Knjige", ako se tako uopste mogu nazvati, su pisane u stilu battle reporta: I onda je witch hunter dosao i charge-ovao vesticu, ona je bila iznenadjena, pa je udario macem i promasio pistoljem. A onda je ona bacili cini na njega. Medjutim on je primetio i ......

Dakle moze se reci da su te knjige trash tezak.... i za vreme za koje se napise jedna FRP knjiga, moze se napisati sigurno 10ak ili vise trash-knjiga.

Profit? pa jasan je..... tim ljudi, umesto sto napise jednu knjigu za vise meseci, koja kosta okvirno 2000-3000 dinara, moze za tih par meseci da napise krdo knjiga (recimo ako je tim koji radi FRP knjigu 5 ljudi, to je okvirno 50 knjiga). 50 * koliko kosta jedna knjiga je mnogo > cene jedne FRP knjige.

A ima i onaj momenat: "Pa sta, mi njih placamo da sede i da se igraju?"
That was a hazardous consultation of the Libre Mortis my Lord. An ordeal of high and low doom. The moment I approached the book, it bit me most ferociously.
I must appologize for the explosion that blew off the door of The Chamber Unbreachable, but the simultaneous emergence of seventeen demons from the book spine, caused the spiritual detonation in the soul stoned air of the room.
The whole enterprise was an experience most horrendeous. None but I could have endured it. I was almost damned twice. Even now my soul is twisted to a cork screw.
I suggest you keep the state of your soul to yourself, and inform us, instead, what you have gleamed from the Grimoire.

Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat - that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. Once the mages had left Novigrad, folk turned their anger against the other races... and, as they have for ages, branded their neighbors their greatest foes.

And 'cause I was gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Glory to Arstotzka!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Glupost.

Da, odluka je verovatno dosla 'odozgo', s obzirom da GW -u ne ide bas najbolje u poslednje vreme.
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

Just so you know. Black Industries don't actually write WHFRP or Dark Heresy, an American company called Green Ronin does.
I believe what BI are saying is 'our return isn't enough for the effort involved so we're going to focus away from it'. Dark Heresy is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT in the UK and WHFRP is the 2nd most popular RPG in the states after D&D. There is no way you would end a successful product line and what I think this means is that Green Ronin will not only write but publish the books for WHFRP and WH40K and pay a license fee to BI, thus they get income without the hassle of marketing, production or any of that stuff.
I could be wrong but this actually might be good for the 2 systems as Green Ronin are quite prolific and typically US stuff is cheaper than the UK produced stuff. More supplements at a cheaper price? I just hope the quality stays the same.
Shark

Post by Shark »

i don't care if they release it on toilet-paper as long as they release it... i've been waiting for this RPG for the last... year and a half or so...

can't wait to pick it up from you Rick :)
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Didn't you hear the rumors????? Rick doesn't have it. It was imported by some shady, good looking English chap... That couldn't possibly be Rick.... :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

You're right - I'm not shady.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Touche' ... 8) :wink: :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Actually, I thought that Green Ronin only worked on the Core Rulebook for WFRP and a couple of supplements, with no license whatsoever. What, GW is going to just... give them the rights? I dunno.
Megabaja
Baja

Post by Megabaja »

Nonono... the way I figure it, they will let them use the licence for a small amount of cash, profit, or whatever... Thruth is, GW never did develop WHFRP, Hogshead did it for 'em...
Pamti, pa vrati...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

Pazi, vidi, kockica ima 6 strana, a terminator gine samo na 1... by Chomie
Ko, jel' ja?

Post by Ko, jel' ja? »

Just check out their forum or something for more precise info.
It's better than to just speculate :wink:
Shark

Post by Shark »

but speculating is like... half (or more) the fun :)

Return to “FRP/RPG”