Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

Moderator: Moderators

FGSerbia

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

Post by FGSerbia »

Just when I thought that there were no great films left to make....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o

I can tell from the acting talent and special effects on offer - this is going to have Oscar nominations galore!
Duc d' Elchingen

Re: Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

Post by Duc d' Elchingen »

Lorenzo Lamas \:D/
he will kill both of these monsters with well placed karate kick
but he will have to kick them both
Chuck Norris would kill them with a word...
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

You gotta be f'in kiddin' me..

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

I especialoly like the part where shark jumps to nibble on a plane some 2000 feet in the air... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

Also, on a related note :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTVvok4S ... re=related

FEAR THE GIANT CLAW!!! (that looks exactly like a battleship...)
Last edited by Pendargon on Sat May 16, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
FGSerbia

Post by FGSerbia »

I have just finished watching this movie and all I can say is "bravo"!
Despite all outward appearances this is a brave film that deals with many relative and sensitive issues. The director also deals with them in a very subtle fashion - adopting a less is more approach. The films starts with a stunning inditement of global warming and the use of modern weapons in nature that sees two titans of a prehistoric age released from an icey prison to wreak havoc on pretty much everything. Rather than dwelling on political issues such as the American refusal to sign the Kyoto Accord and the deforestation of the Amazon Jungle thus becoming bogged down in a sterile verbal style thriller we are left to revel in the cruel irony that it is man's attempt to play God that sees nature's own retribution brought against us as the action quickly shifts to the carnage a flying 600 meter shark can cause to a passenger jet. In fact the special effects team also made a bold statement by omitting anything that could be described as 'special' - thus involving the viewer by making them engage their imaginations. This is a refeshing change to the CGI fashion that has become the norm in movies. We are left dazzled by what can be achieved with no budget, some plastic models and a stop motion animator that must have Ray Harryhausen turning (albeit disjointedly) in his grave.

I would warn others that I am about to announce spoilers but that suggests that this film can be spoilt. I believe this work is truly unique in that the powerful delivery of its message is not detracted from by revealing the plot. And what a plot it is - totally linear without a single twist. I have actually seen German 70's "arthouse" movies where the fact the pool cleaner doesn't manage to clean the pool at all even though he got his hose wet was more of a plot twist than anything in this movie.

The acting also follows the 'less is more approach'. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Debbie Gibson's portrayal of a leading marine biologist will never have an equal. I particular love the way that "doing science" is portrayed several times in the film. I certainly had my belief suspended when Debbie and her team proceeded to pour liquids of very vivid colours into test tubes containing liquids with different vivid colours and then shake their heads disapprovingly. All at once I was transported to the CERN institute having been witness to such complicated empirical research methodolgy. A special mention must go out to Lorenzo Lamas for a performance of pure comic genious. Every time he delivered a line I almost cried with laughter. By the end of the movie there were literally tears streaking down my face.

All in all watching this film will certainly mean spending 90 minutes of your life in a way that you will never get back. Many might feel after reading the brazen title that this film will insult their intelligence. This is not strictly true. It will only insult the intelligence as an addition to the grevious injury it will perform first of all.

Return to “Film”