Beograd v Novi Sad

Moderators: TheSerbianRaven, Rick, Dzon Vejn

Rick

Beograd v Novi Sad

Post by Rick »

OK,
So Sunday the 16th saw the first inter-Serbian team match or "Odium Profundis" between Belgrade and Novi Sad. With some scheduling issues it ended up being a 3v3 player game. Honestly it was one of the nicest sessions we've had in ages with the games being very relaxed and yet slightly competitive as everyone wanted to suport their team mates. Each team had to field different factions per player but there were no chararacter restrictions.
I didn't take any photos but others did and I hope they do battle reports in this thread.

Round one. Belgrade as the home team choose the pairings and tables.
Scenerio 1 - Nemanja K (Khador - pVlad) vs Stoka (Cygnar - Kara Slaon). Belgrade win
Scenerio 2 - Stef (Mercs - McBain) vs Mladen (Cryx - pDenny) Novi Sad Win
Scenerio 4 - Nemanja J (Cryx - The Coven) vs Nikola (Menoth pKreoss) Belgrade win

Round Two. Novi Sad decided match ups and table.
Scenerio 5 - Nikola (Menoth Thyra) vs Stef (Mercs - McBain) Novi Sad win
Scenerio 6 - Mladen (Cryx - pDenny) vs Rick (Cygnar - 3Nemo) Belgrade Win
Scenerio 7 - Stoka (Cygnar - Kara Slaon) vs Nemanja J (Cryx - The Coven) Belgrade win

Final Table stood something like
Belgrade 4W, 6CPs, 425 VPs
Novi Sad 2W, 6 CPs, 225 VPs

Belgrade MVP was Nemanja J and Novi Sad's was Stef (well done buddy).

With Belgrade winning the inaugural Inter-Serbian cup. The plan is to run this biannually with the next one being in Novi Sad in June.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
TheSerbianRaven

Re: Beograd v Novi Sad

Post by TheSerbianRaven »

Here's my two cents:

1st Game - Nemanja (Cryx)
Wasn't thrilled to se the Coven, since I haven't played against them since MKI, but I figured I could take them. I ran a Kreos pop'n'drop list with two reckoners and two redeemers, with Rhoven&Co on hand for the eyeless sight + flare = profit shenanigans. It started nice enough - Nemanja did start teraing my errants+UA +Senny with Def Ward early on, but they were mostly there to take a beating. The list was a gunline, and proved it by taking out a helljack early on. Still, my elation was short lived, since I let a full unit of Bane Warriors get too close, and they shut down both of my reckoners. The rest of the game was me attempting to salvage something, and it didn't go well. The Kraken had been released on the other side and I had nowhere to go. Even Nemanja giving me 2CP via killbox didn't help and my army was wiped out.

2nd Game - Stefa (Mercs)
I would like to thank Rick for this win, since his placement of a MASSIVE obstruction smack in the middle of the board helped Thyra win this one. This was the new theme force and I took Thyra, 2 x Daughters a free Nicia, and five cheap heavy jacks & support for the rest. With the stealthy choir (occulation on them seems to really ruin an opponent's day) singing Passage, I took two jacks to one side of the huge ruin thing, and three to the other, forming the Great Wall of Menoth. Boomhowler tried to ambush a unit of daughters, but did a bad job, and with vengence, and Silence of death, the surviving four just walked up behind them and killed almost the whole unit in one turn, making it unnecessary to ambush the ambushers with the second unit. That left no mercs to contest the flag, and the points started to roll in. The Galleon had managed to get close and whack a templar, but was in turn destroyed on the following turn by a reckoner and crusader, in spite of failsafe. Stefa tried to contest the flag,but the Nomad sent to do it got wiped out by a Guardian after that nobody could make it in time to stop the 5th point for the Protectorate. I don't think either of our casters took a single wound and neither used their feat, so it was a matter of trudging through swamp terrain for me, and trudging through forest for Stef. But Thyra at least has her teleport upkeep, and McBain's goggles do nothing.

All in all it was a great event, and we hope to reverse the result in June. :twisted:
Eiryss, Eiryss, Eiryss kako to zvuci, covece! Ali najbolje je sto ce Kreos ubiti tu Eiryss. Ubice je nezno, ali snazno! Da, to nije onaj Kreos sto je sebe proglasio za jadnika, ne ovo je novi Kreos, epski Kreos, super-grand-exemplar Kreos, kralj zena.
Rick

Beograd v Novi Sad 2018

Post by Rick »

Thread Necromancy Alert!!!!

24th of November 2018
Novi Sad vs Beograd Team Event (4 players per team)
Gilda Club

The format is each player plays two games. In game one the home team decides the pairings and in game two the away team decides the pairings.
There is a trophy and bragging rights up for grabs.

If you are free to play and want to represent your city contact Nenad (Novi Sad) or Rick (Belgrade). Could do with some reserves and so if you would like to play and are unsure of your availability please apply as a reserve.
Guns don't kill people. People that say "Guns don't kill people" kill people. With guns.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Team Belgrade
1. Rick Cryx
2. Stef Khador
3. Nemanja K Cygnar
4. Nikola Orboros
Reserves
1. Dule Menoth/Skorne
2. Dejan Menoth
Last edited by Rick on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pendargon
Moderator bez portfelja
Location: Between Heaven and Hell... In Heaven they don't want me, but the Devil doesn't want a competition

Post by Pendargon »

I'd love to play, but i do not know where or how i will be around on 24th november. So put me in reserves, for now
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheSerbianRaven

Aaaand in THIS corner...

NS Team
1. Nikola Ivkovic
2. Relja Ranisavljevic
3. Mladen Mirosavljev

Reserves:
Last edited by TheSerbianRaven on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eiryss, Eiryss, Eiryss kako to zvuci, covece! Ali najbolje je sto ce Kreos ubiti tu Eiryss. Ubice je nezno, ali snazno! Da, to nije onaj Kreos sto je sebe proglasio za jadnika, ne ovo je novi Kreos, epski Kreos, super-grand-exemplar Kreos, kralj zena.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Nenad said you have a trophy....
TheSerbianRaven

Rick wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:20 pm Nenad said you have a trophy....
Already designed, we just need to laser-cut and assemble it. And it will also contain non-combustible elements, just in case you get some... Australian ideas... :mrgreen:
Rick

Post by Rick »

OK a team from Belgrade has formed. There would be a fifth place in the car and if anyone wants to come in to then please let me know.
See you in Novi Sad guys - what time - 11am?
Last edited by Rick on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSerbianRaven

11am is fine. Are we sticking to the 4vs4 format or do we try and make it five against five?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Let's stick to 4 v 4 hopefully in 6 months there would be more interest and we can notch it up to 5 v 5
Rick

Post by Rick »

Just to say thank you to Novi Sad for being such gracious hosts as always. The matches were played in quite a relaxed format given the last minutes line up changes. All competitive games - very chilled out.

Results
Round one. Novi Sad chose the pairings and tables.
Table 1 - Nikola (Menoth High Reclaimer) vs Rick (Cryx - eDenny). Belgrade win
Table 2 - Relja (Convergence - Forge Master Syntherion) vs Nemanja J (Menoth - eKreoss) Belgrade Win
Table 3 - Mladen (Cryx - Venethrax) vs Nikola (Orboros - eKruegar) Novi Sad win

Round Two. Belgrade did the picking.
Table 1 - Rick (Orboros - eKruegar) vs Nikola (Menoth Thyra) Belgrade win
Table 2 - Dejan (Menoth - Reznik) vs Relja (Convergence - Forge Master Syntherion) Belgrade Win
Table 3 - Nemanja J (Menoth - eKreoss) vs Mladen (Cryx - Venethrax) Belgrade win

So a 5-1 win to Belgrade
We were presented by a beautiful trophy created by Gilda (thanks so much for doing that) and bragging rights until next April.
TheSerbianRaven

We all had a lot of fun but I am kinda disappointed we didn't give the Belgraders a harder match. Still, we were playing without our MVP from the last match... :mrgreen:

Glad you liked the trophy. Take good care of it, we'll be coming for it sometime in April... :twisted:

Return to “Warmachine i Hordes”